Bionicle Speed Racers

fishers64

Signups for Race #2 are now open. You have 48 hours to sign up!

20500754645_4180b71dae_z.jpg

Welcome, evil villains, pirates, and other crazy beings the multiverse over! After some financial difficulties, we have renovated this cozy pocket dimension otherwise known as the Field of Shadows and turned it into a racetrack.

Enjoy!

CHARACTERS/PROFILES:

EXAMPLES: 

Car Name:
Fire: 6
Water: 5
Stone: 4
Jungle: 3
Ice: 2
Earth: 1

Car Name:
Fire: 4
Water:3
Stone: 4
Ice: 4
Earth: 3

THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES. YOU MAY ALLOCATE YOUR 21 POINTS AMONG THE ELEMENTS AS YOU SEE FIT. You are allowed to have zero of any number of attributes, and 6 of any number of elements, and 5 of any number of elements, etc, as long as your total is no greater than 21, and all of the attributes' numbers are 6 or less, as 6 is the maximum for any element category.

You are allowed to have a profile that adds up to less than 21, and the jury is out on whether it is an effective strategy. It is the hope that the CORRECTIVE MEASURES employed in this game will render such a strategy INEFFECTIVE. As such, it is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED for your profile to add up to 21 points, and it is believed that it will result in the most desirable outcome for you as a player.

TRACKS:

For each round, which track you are on is determined by RNG for challenge mode, and by public vote for the racing heat. Your profile determines which tracks you will be more successful on, and which ones you won’t be.

Lava Cavern – This perilous racetrack goes across multiple lava rivers. Some crossings have bridges. Some don’t.

The Rolling Ocean – Anyone who gets too far to the outside on this track in an effort to make a pass could be sucked away by the waves. Sand can bog down inefficient vehicles.

The Jungle Bog – This track has boggy sections to suck slowpokes away. What is a more significant threat is the tree branches that fall from the sky.

The Sandy Stone Track – Threats on this track include cacti and the occasional sandnado.

The Underground – This track is underground. That is all. Better hope your car has good headlights to avoid pokey crystals. 

The Drifts – This icey wasteland is known for confusing racers and causing them to go the wrong direction. In addition to this terrible treachery, racers are known to smash into the ice spikes, plow into snow, or skid out on the slick sections.

Secret Tracks – X2 per game.

ROUNDS (6) X 2

For previous players of MoUP, please note that there are NO PMs for this game.

Part 1:  Challenge Mode – For this portion of the round, you will challenge the player you wish to race against. The track on which you will be racing your opponent on will be determined by RNG. The winners of this round will go on the finals (the second half of the round).

For this part of the round, post IN THIS TOPIC who you wish to challenge. Players who do not post in this round will not advance to the second half of the rounds.

Part 2: The Racing Heat – The winners of the first half of the rounds will all race against each other on one track to determine the winner for that round. The track for this round will be determined by a public vote among the winners – again, post IN THIS TOPIC with your vote. There will be no PMs for this game. You may choose to vote for a secret track if you like.

HE WHO WINS THE MOST OF THE SIX RACING HEATS IS THE WINNER! IN THE EVENT OF A TIE, A RUNOFF RACING HEAT WILL BE HELD.

You may skip as many of the rounds as you like, but the odds are that you will lose as a result. :P

After the six heats are done, the player list will empty and a new race will begin. I will be doing this one twice.

ROUND 0:

I REQUIRE FOUR PLAYERS FOR THE FIRST ROUND TO BEGIN. THE MORE THE MERRIER - THERE IS NO MAXIMUM! Please ask any questions you may have!

ROUND 1 BEGINS IN 48 HOURS FROM THE TIME AT THE TOP OF THIS POST, WEATHER PERMITTING! You are allowed to enter until the moment my post starting Round 1 hits the server.

Post them profiles! Go!

PLAYER LIST (RACE 1): 

1. Pahrak #0579, with theCahdok Cruiser Model II.8!
2. xccj, with the The X Car!
3. NeoShadow Vezon, with the Erebus Embodiment!
4. Makuta Luroka, with The Kuanwagon!
5. Nevermore, with Poe Hunter!
6. Pulse, on The Skull Segway!
7. Lucina, with Vroom Vroom!
8. FF the Forgotten, on the Shard Bike!
9. Toa Kapura, with the Unicycle of Unity!
10. Lewa the Soaring Champion, with Bicycle: Undefeated!
11. Dr. Medic, with the Fastmobile 9000!
12. Ghidora, with My Uncle's Car!

SIGNUPS FOR RACE #2 NOW OPEN! YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO SIGNUP! GO!

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 3

Vroom Vroom

Water: 2

Stone: 2

Jungle: 2

Ice: 4

Earth: 2

You do realize you have a whole three points left unaccounted for, right?

Go search for the game Mask of Ultimate Power to understand.

The Unicycle of Unity

Ice: 5

Water: 4

Air: 2

Earth: 2

Stone: 2

Void: 365

You said Corrective Measure. I hope someone got that joke.

• Upvote 1

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

You said Corrective Measure. I hope someone got that joke.

I didn't. 

I'd like to edit my profile: Add 2427135 points to Shadow.

You do understand that mythological elements do not convey advantages in this game over the other players, correct? 

A MoUP variation? With cars and a Segway? Count me in.

I'm not responsible for Segway accidents. 

All added in!

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

This looks fun! Shame we can't elaborate on these cars like an RPG...

QUICK, SOMEBODY TYPE UP A CONCEPT FOR A BIONICLE RACING RPG PRONTO!

Car Name: Fastmobile 9000
Water: 1
Stone: 3
Ice: 2
Earth: 6

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

END OF ROUND 0

"And ladies and gentlematoran, welcome to the very first edition of the Shadow Field Speed Racing competition! Your competitors for your entertainment...

"First up, Pahrak #0579 in the Cahdok Cruiser II.8!" A large rumbling vehicle pulled up to the starting line, looking rather shiny and refined. The only thing more beautiful about this heavy vehicle was the simpering Bohrok Queen in the backseat. Whether that particular asset would prove to be helpful in the race is something yet to be determined.

"And car number 2, xccj in the X Car!" The X-shaped vehicle rode in to much applause - apparently the reporter was popular in these parts.

"Up, next, Neo ShadowVezon, with the Erebus Embodiment!" The dark-colored Vezon-like Skakdi was apparently riding a nasty bipedal beast with vicious teeth and claws. The crowd gasped in terror.

"Not to be outdone, here is Makuta Luroka in his Kuan Wagon!" The master of shadows - second only to me, of course - entered the race shrouded in darkness and regalia befitting his fine self. The crowd screamed with applause, although it should be noted that I did glare at them first. I think the car itself had some Asian accents on it, but with the darkness it was hard to tell.

"Next up, Nevermore in the Poe Hunter!" This car apparently had a huge pendulum device in the front, a few ravens in cages in the back, and a collection of bows, arrows, and other projectile weaponry.

This was overshadowed by Pulse, who drove up on a Segway covered in vicious-looking skull spiders - and looking just as cool as Obadiah Stane from Iron Man. There was some chuckling from the crowd as the wealthy Matoran took off his dashing shades, but that was largely drowned out by a whistle of coolness appreciation. "And Pulse on the Skull Segway," said I, trying not to laugh.

It was with that, I almost didn't notice..."Lucina, in the Vroom Vroom!". That car was notably nondescript, although I noted that it was white and did, in fact, make the correct noise. Its driver, quite a dashing young lady for the moment, waved to the crowd to some cheers and knowing looks. It appeared that this car had sought style over actual ability...again.

"And FF the Forgotten, on the Shard Bike!" Once again, the Matoran was indeed living up to his name. His bike looked pretty cool though. 

"Toa Kapura will be joining us on his Unicycle of Unity!" The Toa rode his strange cycle up to the starting line - it was, in fact, a Unity Duty Destiny symbol suspended in a wheel of energy that also included pedals. Odd.

"Lewa the Soaring Champion, with his Undefeated Bicycle!" Cheers from the crowd. Apparently they were looking for a victory - he had suffered much before.

"Dr. Medic, with the Fastmobile 9000!" The wise doctor pulled up in a reinforced race car with a harness, rollbars, and other modern race car enhancements. Not to mention the first-aid kit in the back seat, which could be useful. 

"And Ghidora, in.. his uncle's car!" The announcer coughed. The crazytoran drove up in a rumbling old clunker decorated with flowers, a bunch of spring loaded bouncing eye balls, and house paint, which was already peeling off in places. 

"Place your bets, folks, and let the race begin!"

BEGIN ROUND #1: CHALLENGE MODE

To proceed, post who you would like to challenge to a race this topic. You have 24 hours to do so.

The results of your challenge will be posted at the end of the round. Go!

Edited by fishers64

Nice introductions, but I have a problem with one of them, fishers.

"Not to be outdone, here is Makuta Luroka..." The master of shadows...

I'll have you know that I've been using that title for years, fishers, and I'm not going to stand idly by and let it get stolen from me.

Because of this outrage, I'll be challenging Luroka.

(Also, you spelt Obadiah Stane's name wrong in Pulse's introduction. Might want to fix that.)

Edited by Neo ShadowVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

All challenges in this part of the round are individual.

While I was planning on stylizing the scene to reflect xccj, Pahrak #0579, Lucina, Luroka, and Ghidora all racing together to reflect the players' intentions, that can be changed. It may affect the result of each challenge each since all of you would be on the same track, as opposed to a breakup which could place each new challenge on a different track.