Bionicle Speed Racers

fishers64

You guys have fun with your meaningful events, I'll be over in the back doing nothing of value while I wrestle my car into submission.

(Also, just noticed that you described me as a "half-shadow-Skakdi". I do hope that this won't become a recurring theme.)

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

You guys have fun with your meaningful events, I'll be over in the back doing nothing of value while I wrestle my car into submission.

(Also, just noticed that you described me as a "half-shadow-Skakdi". I do hope that this won't become a recurring theme.)

I'll use shadow half-Skakdi instead. 

Scene in 20 minutes, so if you want to sneak in another challenge, I suggest you do so now. 

Edited by fishers64

I'll use shadow half-Skakdi instead. 

That's more accurate.

Edited by Neo ShadowVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

END OF ROUND 2 CHALLENGES

"I challenge Ghidora," Pulse said. "His Uncle's Car is no match for a Segway."

And with that, the two found themselves in the Ancient City. The two set off, with Ghidora's Uncle's superior engine easily outpacing the Segway's cheap electronic motor.

That is, until the Skull Spiders attacked. The friendly signals from Pulse's Skull Spiders kept the creatures at bay...and thus he easily outpaced the Skull Scorpios that emerged from behind them.

Ghidora was not so fortunate. Swarmed by spiders and dragged down by a Skull Scorpio, he was forced to fight for his life, which stopped him dead in his tracks.

Pulse vs. Ghidora: Pulse is the winner!

Incensed by his recent defeat by Luroka, Lucina challenged him to a race...until to find himself in a cruel twist of deja vu - he was back in the Paracosmos Cavern. Fortunately, both racers selected the correct track once again, picked up an additional Hau that neither really needed, and entered the elemental section.

This time, the elemental register was calculated slightly differently - there was three elements instead of six to allocate for the change in modes. This left these two evenly matched on the Fire section, Luroka pulled ahead on the Stone section...and the Vroom Vroom left the Kuan Wagon in the dust on final stretch, for it had gotten stuck in the snow.

Again.

Lucina vs. Luroka: Lucina is the winner!

Toa Kapura smiled at xccj. "Let's go."

And with that, they were in the Paracosmos Cavern. That track seemed to have a superior magnetic field lately.

Toa Kapura pedaled down a route frantically to accept a Kanohi Hau from the waiting RNGs. Unfortunately, xccj plowed right into a chronoseurum pool and was sent right back to the beginning, leaving Kapura to cheerfully pedal on to the finish line. Moving fast by moving slow never had it so good.

Toa Kapura vs. xccj: Toa Kapura is the winner!

After all that went on in the Ancient City, Ghidora was more than happy to take a vacation, pulling his Uncle's Car up by the Rolling Ocean, enjoying the sun, the sea...and the sight of a bike getting hopelessly stuck in the sand. So much better.

He was more than happy to tow the bike to the finish line, but since tow vehicle comes before towee, it was obvious who was taking this one.

FF the Forgotten vs. Ghidora: Ghidora is the winner!

Pahrak #0579 was enjoying his own vacation - but since he was more of a Stone kinda Bohrok, he was hosting it in the desert...and he had invited Nevermore. Nevermore wasn't quite so appreciative - the ravens were burning up in the heat, and his black car wasn't suited to the climate as well as the Cahdok Cruiser, which easily made the finish.

Pahrak #0579 vs. Nevermore: Pahrak #0579 is the winner!

He didn't get much chance to celebrate his victory, however, as Lewa the Soaring Champion pulled him away to the drifts. It was a very close race this time, but the Cruiser managed to pull just ahead of the Undefeated Bicycle to claim victory.

Lewa the Soaring Champion vs. Pahrak #0579: Pahrak #0579 is the winner!

Meanwhile, xccj and Dr. Medic both found themselves in the Lava Cavern. The Fastmobile 9000 completed the lava obstacle course in style, effortlessly jumping the gaps with ease and even using a in-built lava surfboard at one point to cut a corner. By contrast, xccj had to go slowly and cautiously, and unfortunately, turtles don't always win.

xccj vs. Dr. Medic: Dr. Medic is the winner!

BEGIN ROUND 2 RACING HEAT

The following players may vote for the track in which the racing heat will take place on: 

Pulse
Lucina
Toa Kapura
Ghidora
Pahrak #0579
Dr. Medic

The following tracks are available: 

The Lava Cavern
The Rolling Ocean
The Jungle Bog
The Sandy Stone Track
The Underground
The Drifts
The Ancient City
The Paracosmos Cavern of Doom

You have 24 hours to vote. No vote switching allowed. Go!

END OF ROUND 2 RACING HEAT

After much wrangling over the vote, the devious and evil RNG was called in to decide the racer's fate. The questionably illicit selection landed the racers on the Sandy Stone Track. 

Immediately, the racers all ganged up on Lucina, forcing the Vroom Vroom to plow straight into an organ pipe cactus. Ug. Shortly thereafter, a surprise sandnado formed under the Unicycle of Unity, slamming it and Toa Kapura into a rock. Ouch. 

To everyone's surprise, a whole troop of Scorpions decended on Pahrak #0579's car. Cahdok and him would have fought them off with ease...had they not been driven into a whole patch of prickly pear. Talk about a bad day. 

Dr. Medic easily dodged the rocks and cacti in the Fastmobile 9000, while Ghidora chugged on ahead in his uncle's car. A sandnado sprung up around both of them. Ghidora, however, had learned from his previous experience - his windshield and ventilation system were reinforced now, and a couple of weights near the bottom kept the car on the ground. Dr. Medic was not so fortunate, running into a stand of bushes due to the bad visibility. Grinning, Ghidora turned on

and coasted to the finish line...only to find that Pulse was already there. 

Again. 

End of Round 2: Pulse is the winner!

BEGIN ROUND 3 CHALLENGES

To continue, post the member's name you would like to challenge below. Everyone is allowed to participate in this round. You have 24 hours. Go!

Edited by fishers64

Is there any logic to these wins? I've lost twice now underground and I'm maxed out on Earth. Bummer. :P

I'll challenge Pulse and Pahrak.

:music:

Yes, there is logic. For the main tracks, whoever has more of the element in question wins. The secret tracks have their own algorithm. There's some RNG involved (aka luck) but said luck is somewhat structured.

When there are two players with elements of equal amount, I throw the RNG to determine the winner.

I don't recall you racing underground twice or losing both times...

Also you are only allowed to challenge one person per round.

Is there any logic to these wins? I've lost twice now underground and I'm maxed out on Earth. Bummer. :P

I'll challenge Pulse and Pahrak.

Yes, there is logic. For the main tracks, whoever has more of the element in question wins. The secret tracks have their own algorithm. There's some RNG involved (aka luck) but said luck is somewhat structured.

When there are two players with elements of equal amount, I throw the RNG to determine the winner.

I don't recall you racing underground twice or losing both times...

Also you are only allowed to challenge one person per round.

Haha, okay. (I assumed the secret track was underground, but it has it's own set of rules I see.)

I'll properly challenge Pahrak then.

END OF ROUND 3 CHALLENGE MODE

It was a tight race as Lucina and Luroka both entered the Lava Cavern. Both cars were practically designed for this track, surfing to the end in style. The spectators cheered frantically...and the race was so close at the end that the organizers had to use a computer to figure it out, but it turned out that Lucina had won the race by a fraction of a second. 

Luroka vs. Lucina : Lucina is the winner!

Forgotten in all that tension was Pulse, who had arrived to challenge Luroka and had challenged Luroka...he arrived at the finish line just seconds after those two, but he was...late. 

Lucina vs. Pulse: Lucina is the winner!
Pulse vs. Luroka: Luroka is the winner!

(The RNG actually did put all three of them in the Lava Cavern.)

Immediately afterward, Lucina was sucked away to the Paracosmos Cavern of Doom to face FF the Forgotten. They both chose the correct path, and FF added a Kanohi Hau to his bike. While Lucina was better in the fire segment, FF had enough of an edge on the Ice and Earth sections to beat out the Vroom Vroom.

FF the Forgotten vs. Lucina: FF the Forgotten is the winner!

And then, without warning, FF the Forgotten was by the rolling ocean with Toa Kapura. Apparently Toa Kapura's physics defying unicycle had one more trick up its sleeve - the ability to become a unified energy jet-ski. FF was forced to stick to the sandy ground...and the result of that is inevitable.

Toa Kapura vs. FF the Forgotten: Toa Kapura is the winner!

Elsewhere, Dr. Medic easily beat Pahrak and Cahdok in the Lava Cavern. His flashy performance went largely unnoticed the second time. What a shame.

Pahrak #0579 vs. Dr. Medic: Dr. Medic is the winner!

Shortly thereafter, Pulse and Ghidora were graciously invited back to the Paracosmos Cavern. Pulse choose the correct route and received a Kanohi Hau for his trouble. Ghidora, however, went through the Eyes...with perfect enough timing to escape damage. Him and his uncle were going to have something to talk about later!

However, Pulse outpaced the eccentric vehicle in the Stone and Jungle sections enough to beat the crazytoran. Chicken drumsticks.

Ghidora vs. Pulse: Pulse is the winner!

Lewa the Soaring Champion beat Nevermore on the Sandy Stone Track - his undefeated Bike allowed him a shortcut.

Lewa the Soaring Champion vs. Nevermore: Pahrak #0579 is the winner!

And then Pahrak #0579 cruised past xccj in the Drifts. Another extremely close race was held between Ghidora and Nevermore in the Jungle Bog, but in the end the Poe Hunter managed a victory. Urg.

xccj vs. Pahrak #0579: Pahrak #0579 is the winner!
Nevermore vs. Ghidora: Nevermore is the winner!

Wow, that race was loooong. Time for some cake?

BEGIN ROUND 3 RACING HEAT

The following players may vote for the track for the next racing heat: 

Lucina
FF
ToaK
Dr. Medic
Pulse
Lewa
Pahrak #0579
Luroka
Nevermore

The following tracks are available: 

The Lava Cavern
The Rolling Ocean
The Jungle Bog
The Sandy Stone Track
The Underground
The Drifts
The Ancient City
The Paracosmos Cavern of Doom

You have 24 hours to vote. No vote switching allowed. Go!

• Upvote 1