Project Mata - 3d Printable Mask

tourmalinex

The goal of this project is to create 3d printable mask of the original six and to allow public access to the object files once the project is complete.

A friend of mine has all original six mask ,some of them are lacking face connecting pieces and are not the right scale and missing detail on the mask.

If anyone who like to help post below or pm me.

ppe9bsq1ru40wbmzg.jpg

Edited by tourmalinex

I applaud your effort in making masks that are publicly available, and wish you, and anyone who helps the best of luck on this project. 

I have to note, that the akaku's connection of the scope to the mask looks smoother than it is on the original... I would scan my own akaku to point it out, but my 3D Scanner is terrible with things that small.

Either way, best of luck.

yay I'll be able to print a symmetrical akaku soon yes

The akaku is missing the gears around the scope, that's the kind of detail that some of them are missing. We are also looking for someone that has made 3d printable mask before to help us.

20141014073310!Toa_Mata_Kopaka_Against_Bohrok_Kohrak.PNG

The one of are 3d modeler we have has been side tracked by a request to model something.

So if anyone wants to let me know the two mask that we are focused on right now are the Akaku and Kaukau, I will send you the blender file of the masks.

Two masks are in the beta phase

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/maskdisplay

Edit: Triple post merged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...