What are you Most Looking Forward Too in Bionicle in 2016?

Toa o Uria

It'll be hard to discuss this much until we have some actual officially-revealed pictures to refer to, instead of just leaks.

But based solely on the set names that were unintentionally confirmed by Amazon.de and shop.lego.com, I'm really excited for the elemental "creature" sets. I'm a sucker for wildlife, but in Bionicle's later years Rahi tended to take second-stage to humanoid characters and vehicles. I'm eager for a return to form.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Right now, I'm looking forward to seeing the Toa's characters grow as their adventures continues on Okoto. I'm also interested in seeing what happens now that Ekimu has been woken up and is now an active character in the story.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I can't wait to see next year's sets and how different the Toa will look.

Okay. I'm looking forward to that!

And for a good reason. It's always fun seeing what new/revamped Toa will look like, but half the fun is seeing their villains too! Totally forgot about that part...

mindeth the cobwebs

Safe to assume that the new sets will be Nuva/upgraded Toa. I for am looking forward to seeing if they added more "Bionicle styled" parts, such as with pistons and patterns. I don't care for the smoothness of the HF shells.

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Safe to assume that the new sets will be Nuva/upgraded Toa. I for am looking forward to seeing if they added more "Bionicle styled" parts, such as with pistons and patterns. I don't care for the smoothness of the HF shells.

This. Definitely hoping for a bit more of the old Technic feel. Less smooth, more mechanical.

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

From the set names that were listed on Amazon.de a few months ago, it sounds like the Toa are getting animal companions, and that's got to be what I'm most looking forward to. I loved the non-enemy creatures of Bionicle G1 like the Ussal, Gukko, and Mahi, and have long been hoping for a series of Bionicle or Hero Factory heroes with animal companions (the closest we ever got was Toa Mahri Jaller with his Hahnah Crab).

• Upvote 1

I'm looking forward to the life sized, functioning Mindstorms / BIONICLE crossover Fikou in 2016.

And you can't tell me that isn't happening, because that would be using leaks. :P

(1) I don't know what your talking about.

(2)

Edit: Leaked content removed.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I'm really excited to see what new media they experiment with for telling the BIONICLE story (if they choose to try some new things at all, of course).

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I'm excited about learning more about that Hunter character or whatever he's called.

I'm also looking forward to having all of the Month of _____ designs since they look really cool. But I don't get why they started so late releasing those as they'll go into the new year. When the Toa designs will be different.

Unless next years designs would portrey 2016's designs instead of wrapping up those of 2015. That would be disappointing.

Edited by The Hero Nuva Kaita Nui

To all BIONICLE fanfiction writers - send me your work, I'd genuinely love to read it - especially canon compliant pieces. I'm always looking for more such material to read and to circulate with my friends.

I'm looking forward to getting a vilain with a larger, more complex build than the toa [ ]

Edit: Leaked info removed.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

There are too many leaks on this thread. (eg. Anything referring to how next year's sets look is blatantly a leak.) I am disappoint. :(

Just to clarify, didn't LEGO ask that the released-early set names were taken down, so it became a thing that we wouldn't discuss them here? Or is discussing them allowed?

Without discussing leaks, my answer to the original question is: I am looking forward to new BIONICLE products and / or media being released in 2016.

:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Looking forward to see how and why the Toa inevitably get upgraded forms. Will they be the Nuva equivalents of G2? Or will it be more of a slight upgrade, similar to the Mahri? Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.

For the Mahri, that was more like an equal exchange transformation, not an upgrade. I think it would have been cool if the two forms were somehow combined, but alas, that's in the past now.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I'm looking forward to the weapons and masks on the set side of things. Don't know how to elaborate on that.

As for story, I want to see a bit more complexity, but not so much that it becomes convoluted and alienating to Bionicle's new audience. Like maybe just some more backstory would be nice.

>tfw you have no idea what to put here

I hoping for better voice actors. :P While whatshisface is a great narrator, as a voice actor, he just doesn't work for me. While i love the animation style, the pacing and awkward voices just make it so much worse.

This... At least a woman for Gali's voice. Now that I think of it I might as well cast a Dreamcast for Bionicle voices:

Tahu-Dwayne Johnson

Kopaka-Benedict Cumberland

Lewa-Robert Downey Jr.

Onua-(?)

Pohatu-Cris Pine

Gali-Emma Watson

Ekimu-Patrick Stewart

If only...

• Upvote 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

I hoping for better voice actors. :P While whatshisface is a great narrator, as a voice actor, he just doesn't work for me. While i love the animation style, the pacing and awkward voices just make it so much worse.

This... At least a woman for Gali's voice. Now that I think of it I might as well cast a Dreamcast for Bionicle voices:

Tahu-Dwayne Johnson

Lewa-Robert Downey Jr.

Onua-(?)

Pohatu-Cris Pine

Gali-Emma Watson

Ekimu-Patrick Stewart

If only...

Here's my - far more expensive - version.

Gali - Pauley Perrette or Milla Jovovich 

Ekimu - Gary Oldman

Pohatu - Jason Statham

Lewa - Dylan O'Brien 

Onua - Tom Hardy or The Rock

Kopaka - Steve Blum 

Tahu - Peter Cullen

• Upvote 1

Tahu-Dwayne Johnson

Lewa-Robert Downey Jr.

Onua-(?)

Pohatu-Cris Pine

Gali-Emma Watson

Ekimu-Patrick Stewart

If only...

None of those are Sega characters... :P

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Not to alarm anyone or get their hopes up, but these images look extremely official, and could be 2016 sets. So hope they are real though. They look sick!

Check it out.

I can confirm those are real; however, as BZPower is a partner of LEGO (I think), they have a strict no-leak policy. Since the picture you linked have a clear confidentiality logo, I would recommend removing said link from your post. Edited by jed1ndy
  • Upvote 2

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

The Toa Masters becoming something like the Toa Nuva. I know that they have a different name, but I hope that means they are transformed into stronger versions of themselves. Feels classic that way.:)

Plus, I hope that Ekimu would come as a 2016 set, too, and perhaps Takanuva somehow.:)

I am also super-excited for the new TV show in Netflix! Yay!:D

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)