What are you Most Looking Forward Too in Bionicle in 2016?

Toa o Uria

Witch Doctor, a Hero Factory set from the CCBS's debut year, had 331 pieces, more than the vast majority of Bionicle titans and certainly more than any at or below its price point. Evo XL Machine from 2014, Hero Factory's last year, had 193 parts, just as many as Brutaka and more than Tuma, Umbra, Gadunka, Nidhiki, Hydraxon, or Icarax. Maybe you're not giving Hero Factory enough credit?

Also, while the 2015 and 2016 Bionicle sets have fewer pieces than a lot of older Bionicle titans, they have way more pieces than a typical Bionicle villager or Toa set. The most pieces a canister Toa ever had was 74 (Toa Mahri Kongu), while the 2015 Toa had 89 pieces average and the 2016 Toa have 106 pieces average (not counting Kopaka, since I don't know how many of his set's parts are used for him and how many are used for his creature). I certainly think that's impressive!

You took that far too literal .

If you have nothing constructive to add any more then please just stop posting about it. We're here to discuss what we want to see out of 2016, so get back to that and drop this subject before you end up in more trouble.

As for the thread's subject, I most look forward to getting my hands on some new parts for MOCing.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Witch Doctor, a Hero Factory set from the CCBS's debut year, had 331 pieces, more than the vast majority of Bionicle titans and certainly more than any at or below its price point. Evo XL Machine from 2014, Hero Factory's last year, had 193 parts, just as many as Brutaka and more than Tuma, Umbra, Gadunka, Nidhiki, Hydraxon, or Icarax. Maybe you're not giving Hero Factory enough credit?

Also, while the 2015 and 2016 Bionicle sets have fewer pieces than a lot of older Bionicle titans, they have way more pieces than a typical Bionicle villager or Toa set. The most pieces a canister Toa ever had was 74 (Toa Mahri Kongu), while the 2015 Toa had 89 pieces average and the 2016 Toa have 106 pieces average (not counting Kopaka, since I don't know how many of his set's parts are used for him and how many are used for his creature). I certainly think that's impressive!

You took that far too literal .

My apologies. You brought up piece count so I assumed that was your measure of what made the G1 sets more complex than CCBS sets in your eyes. Could you maybe clarify what you actually meant?

If you have nothing constructive to add any more then please just stop posting about it. We're here to discuss what we want to see out of 2016, so get back to that and drop this subject before you end up in more trouble.

A harmless debate erupted related to the topic and I replied like a typical human , although some may have assumed that I was being "negative" . Maybe if people would provoke less , this would not happen . Do not blame me .

"I gave up a millennium ago; they're just far too simple minded. It's as if they actually require a soul of immoral energy to guide them. They only listen to their false idols and these so called 'geniuses' who claim to have a more complex understanding of life, rather than a man who offers nothing but a chance for amelioration. Everyone's too distracted by the concept of 'freedom' that they forgot what the true purpose of life is.

But when you care too much... and rebuke... and rebuke... and rebuke... yet you fail to mend due to in denial fools, you give up. Give up and watch them crumble."

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

One.

What do you mean "what is one?"

Ehem... Journey to One...

What is One?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I hoping for better voice actors. :P While whatshisface is a great narrator, as a voice actor, he just doesn't work for me. While i love the animation style, the pacing and awkward voices just make it so much worse.

I agree to an extent that there are plenty of times when it becomes very awkward to watch .

There are some really good narrators out there and, ideally, it would be great to bring back the original narrator for the Bionicle promos like this one

"Hey, how's it going?"

Journey to One and the sets, definitely. Can't wait to get my hands on those sets. I also really hope the story gets considerably better. From what we know of it so far... I have my doubts. I'm worried this is going to be more of an episodic story, having the Toa have to go somewhere else and do an unrelated quest of some sort each wave, with little or no connection. I mean, hey, it very well may not be like that, but... We'll see. So far, it kind of seems like it's going like that. Wave one, beating the Skull Spiders, wave two, fighting skull warriors and waking up Ekimu, wave three, fighting/trying to foil Umarak and befriending some creatures.

The one thing that would make me think that it really may be working towards a bigger story is that we're getting closer and closer to Makuta each time. (E.g., wave two we got the mask of creation, wave three we're getting the mask of control...) I just fear this is going to follow a DBZ-esque (a lot of other fighting anime, too) plot where they're just fighting someone more and more powerful each time until they fight the big baddie.

Lol, I went a little more in-depth than the question was asking, oh well.

edit: I realize that in some ways, I could've said the same exact things about the earlier years of G1. But in that instance, we had a lot of atmosphere and mysteries that told us that there really was something deeper going on, something that would eventually all be put together. One example that comes to mind is Takua's vision of the Bohrok symbol and the phrase "Beware the Swarm" when he was unconscious in Ko-Wahi, as well as the few other mysterious cases where the phrase was on things. The Bohrok nest right next to where the Mata fought Makuta the first time. Makuta just sort of vanishing after they fought him. Those kind of things were what gave it much more of an epic (in the real sense of the word) feel. I'm really just... not getting anything like that in G2.

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)