Ryder Windham Talks BIONICLE 2015

Hapori Tohu

Ryder Windham, author of this year's BIONICLE books, has recently answered a few questions from members of German BIONICLE fan site "Der Chronist", ranging from questions about his job to questions about BIONICLE itself. Of course, there are no new story reveals in this interview but there are some interesting little pieces of trivia, e.g. how Korgot, Protector of Earth, came to be female (I didn't even know that) and how Ryder came up with the Protectors' names. You can read the short interview here.

View the full article

• Upvote 2

I've been wondering... is there a reason why BZPower doesn't ever seem to get interviews like this? I know that Lego's policies prevent employees like Greg Farshtey from interacting directly with members on the forums like they did in the past, but I would think that it would still be totally within reason for BZP news reporters (who can verify their age and staff position) to be able to interview people like Ryder Windham who were involved with Bionicle's development as a news story. Is there some other factor I'm not aware of preventing BZP from featuring that type of exclusive content, or is it just a matter of no one bothering to try?

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Ryder Windham answered some more questions in this post: http://derchronist.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10591#p10591 He hinted that he is open for more questions, so if you have any interesting questions, I can pass them on and maybe he'll answer some of them. Not too many, though – we don't want to overwhelm him. ;)

I've been wondering... is there a reason why BZPower doesn't ever seem to get interviews like this? I know that Lego's policies prevent employees like Greg Farshtey from interacting directly with members on the forums like they did in the past, but I would think that it would still be totally within reason for BZP news reporters (who can verify their age and staff position) to be able to interview people like Ryder Windham who were involved with Bionicle's development as a news story. Is there some other factor I'm not aware of preventing BZP from featuring that type of exclusive content, or is it just a matter of no one bothering to try?

I don't think Ryder Windham is affected by this LEGO policy at all, since he's not a LEGO employee.

Anyway, you just have to know the right people. In this case, Nuhrii the Metruan (admin and founder of Der Chronist) happened to know someone who knows Ryder Windham, so he arranged for an interview. Then, while we were collecting questions for the interview, Ryder Windham just happened to find the forum and decided to register and answer our questions directly.

Edited by Toa-Kal

No, I don't speak English... :( :P

I like this interview! Disappointed that we don't get more information with the people on Okoto, but okay. It's always good to try something different, like calling a non-Water-character a female. This reminds me of the big-male-short-female relationship in a movie called Wreck-It-Ralph.:)

I am starting to think that Ryder would become the next Greg Farshtey. I mean, he writes Bionicle books now and answers questions.:)

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of "I can't answer this" as expected, but still an informative interview. Ryder Windham seems like a capable new writer for this new generation. Interesting how he was offered a nab at it back in G1, and him respecting Greg's legacy is always good to hear. As for his role, I'm very pleased to know he was the reason the Protector's have names. He's done a lot already and I can't wait to see where he takes the writing in the future.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg