2016, Nuva Symbols, and the G1 Connection?

Y'know how the Nuva symbols keep showing up in the artwork on the facebook page? It makes you wonder - is it just an easter egg? or will the Nuva symbols become important again?

Do NOT discuss leaked content. -B6

Just another easter egg? I don't think so.

Could it be that the Nuva symbol connection might answer why the G1 Toa had a connection to their Nuva Symbols? And perhaps might answer the questions of the origins of the Okoto Toa? 

Are they the same toa? fused to their symbols? 

Thoughts- what's the connection?

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 1

The connection is that stories that get rebooted always have and always will include nods to previous incarnations, usually just as an easter egg. This is an extremely common practice in the Transformers universe. Are the original and the reboot somehow connected? No, not officially. But you can tie as many things together as you like. ;)

• Upvote 9

It's definitely a reference...

I look forward to being able to discuss this more when it isn't based on possible leaks.

But if an upgraded Toa team do feature Nuva Symbols on themselves, I would hope that it represents that during their upgrade, they were fused with their Golden Masks. (The Golden Masks already function exactly like Nuva Symbols...)

I always thought it was weird that the Mata started with innate elemental control, but then their Nuva "upgrade" removed that and forced them to look after an extra item. It would be nice for G2 to do the upgrade the other way round, so that the upgraded team gain innate elemental control and don't have to worry about losing their masks so much.

• Upvote 1
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

I'm pretty sure its an easter egg, or if its anything more its like their representative symbols that are from their legends carved in Okoto ruins.

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Don't the 2015 episodes have Vahi images all over them? So far, nothing has come out of that. Probably just a reference to appease old fans.

I mean, the Vahi hasn't appeared in sets yet, but it has appeared in the story, being the mask used to summon the Toa. And considering the widely misinterpreted statement from New York Comic Con (that "this time, it would be a whole mask"), it's not implausible that a new Vahi may already have been designed, and is just being saved for a future wave of sets.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Don't the 2015 episodes have Vahi images all over them? So far, nothing has come out of that. Probably just a reference to appease old fans.

I mean, the Vahi hasn't appeared in sets yet, but it has appeared in the story, being the mask used to summon the Toa. And considering the widely misinterpreted statement from New York Comic Con (that "this time, it would be a whole mask"), it's not implausible that a new Vahi may already have been designed, and is just being saved for a future wave of sets.

I thought that wasn't specified as "Vahi," just "Mask of Time." I was just referring to images of G1 Vahi making cameo appearances.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I thought that wasn't specified as "Vahi," just "Mask of Time." I was just referring to images of G1 Vahi making cameo appearances.

Well, yes. But what it's called doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things. The G1 Vahi images were probably just meant to foreshadow the mask's eventual appearance in the story. Whether that's all that relevant of an Easter egg is up for debate, but it's not necessarily meaningless.

As for the Nuva symbols, I obviously can't vouch for next year's story, sets, and art, but in the artwork shared this year I can't imagine it's much more than just an Easter egg chosen to identify the Toa. After all, it's not like the Toa Mata had any unique symbols to be identified with, and the Nuva symbols resemble Okoto runes to boot.

I don't think that these are the same toa or whatnot, as it's still just a reboot to me, but never say never.

And hey B6, no please for meester Kylo Ren there? Lol jk

I love all the nods G2 gets from old Bionicle. Unity, Duty, Destiny has been my favorite so far, as the philosophical and real world applications of it give Bionicle a whole other layer of depth. I <3 you LEGRO

There are a lot of references to g1 things in g2

All the Vahi's

Tahu's original 2001 mask in Ekimu's forge (or at least a stone carving of it)

The Nuva Symbols

The returning pieces!

Guy's! it may be a reboot, but that doesn't really mean that the two universes aren't connected, or can't be connected in some way, and we know for a fact that all the legendary masks exist is other BIONICLE universes! So, it seems very much likely to me that G1 and G2 are connected. LEGO may say that they're not, but all the hints and references say otherwise.

Only time will tell if this all holds up  :vahi:

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

All the Vahi's

The Nuva Symbols

The returning pieces!

Guy's! it may be a reboot, but that doesn't really mean that the two universes aren't connected, or can't be connected in some way, and we know for a fact that all the legendary masks exist is other BIONICLE universes! So, it seems very much likely to me that G1 and G2 are connected. LEGO may say that they're not, but all the hints and references say otherwise.

All the hints and references do suggest that the two series are connected. The connection in question is that G2 Bionicle is a reboot of G1 Bionicle. That's literally all you can glean from those Easter eggs, because the whole POINT of Easter eggs is to sneak in sly references or cameos that devoted fans will be able to notice.

Just as an example, R2-D2 and C-3PO appear in hieroglyphic carvings in the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark. Does that mean that Raiders of the Lost Ark and Star Wars are connected, and that Indiana Jones is in fact a distant descendant of the similar-looking Han Solo? Of course not. It only means that George Lucas wanted to include a subtle shout-out to one of his earlier movies.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

All the Vahi's

The Nuva Symbols

The returning pieces!

All the hints and references do suggest that the two series are connected. The connection in question is that G2 Bionicle is a reboot of G1 Bionicle. That's literally all you can glean from those Easter eggs, because the whole POINT of Easter eggs is to sneak in sly references or cameos that devoted fans will be able to notice.

Just as an example, R2-D2 and C-3PO appear in hieroglyphic carvings in the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark. Does that mean that Raiders of the Lost Ark and Star Wars are connected, and that Indiana Jones is in fact a distant descendant of the similar-looking Han Solo? Of course not. It only means that George Lucas wanted to include a subtle shout-out to one of his earlier movies.

What you said I an easter egg, but putting the Vahi in pretty much every episode, is not an easter egg. It's a blatant cry saying at least to most (or a large majority of fans) THE TWO GENERATIONS ARE CONNECTED! It's an easter egg if something like it only happens once every, 10 episode lets say, but having it happen almost every episode is rather intriguing to us. There is a reason why there were so many topics trying to connect the two gens in some way or another, but all that many said was "It's a reboot, get over it already" WE SIMPLY CAN'T! I'm sorry but some of us find enjoyment in looking at the clues and making guesses and speculations based on the evidence at hand, but no, there of course has to be someone to shoot our dreams and curious thoughts out of the water and scream the same things that they have done over and over again "ITS NOT CONNECTED! ITS OVER!" No, what is the point of a forum? It's to discuss things, and speculating is not out of the question, even if we're wrong in the end, don't try to defend us from our own foolishness in the end if where wrong, than we're wrong. Case closed, but it was fun while it lasted.... Or it would have been fun if we didn't have to deal with the constant ringing in our ears telling us otherwise.

I know this may seem rather rash, but all I'm saying is just to take a chill pill and lighten up a bit. Let us have our fun, we're not hurting you, nor hurting others, if you feel like we're doing so than just go somewhere else to discuss said something else, heck I don't care if your calling us rude things and throwing darts at pictures of us that are on the wall, in the end we just want to have fun, in a peaceful manor away from overly harsh criticism.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I think it'd be neat if the Nuva symbols played a larger role than simply acting as decoration. However, I'd be content even if it turned out to be no more than another throwback.

All the Vahi's

The Nuva Symbols

The returning pieces!

What you said I an easter egg, but putting the Vahi in pretty much every episode, is not an easter egg. It's a blatant cry saying at least to most (or a large majority of fans) THE TWO GENERATIONS ARE CONNECTED! It's an easter egg if something like it only happens once [...]

For the record, a serial easter egg doesn't have to appear infrequently to be a simple easter egg. Take the Pixar movies for example -- all but one or two have a 'Pizza Planet' truck hidden somewhere, or a hidden character model from a previous film. One could argue that the mere existence of these references proves a connection between these worlds, but without context, it probably isn't a good piece of evidence on its own.  :( Guess we'll just have wait and see what 2016 brings.  :shrugs:

• Upvote 1

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Having fun speculating =\= ridiculous strung-together theories that undo half of G1 to justify themselves. I have no objections to the "hey, maybe G1/G2 is the mythological foundation for the other" or "Protectors are matoran/agori hybrids made through applying Matoran engineering to Agori bodies". What I do object to is "hey, makuta survived and telepathically rewrote Artakha's memory and made him his brother on an island in an alternative universe with its own giant robot hiding under Okoto!" If there is a link, it'll be subtle and easily ignored just so the new fans don't get overwhelmed by the G1 back story.

• Upvote 7

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Well seeing that the Toa have a big case of amnesia, we can come up with any fan story to connect G1 to G2 anytime we want without breaking canon.

Heck Bionicle is all about Fanon, how many kids do you think are doing word for word reenactments of the books while they play with their Bionicle sets? No, they create Fanon nearly every time they play. Our G1-G2 connection stories only have to be taken seriously by one person, yourself.

And as for easter eggs, their is about as much resemblance between Star Trek 2 and Star Trek Into Darkness as their is Bionicle G1 and G2. Are their connections? Yes. Are those connections a valid factor on the end story results? No, not really.

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

All the Vahi's

The Nuva Symbols

The returning pieces!

What you said I an easter egg, but putting the Vahi in pretty much every episode, is not an easter egg. It's a blatant cry saying at least to most (or a large majority of fans) THE TWO GENERATIONS ARE CONNECTED! It's an easter egg if something like it only happens once every, 10 episode lets say, but having it happen almost every episode is rather intriguing to us. There is a reason why there were so many topics trying to connect the two gens in some way or another, but all that many said was "It's a reboot, get over it already" WE SIMPLY CAN'T! I'm sorry but some of us find enjoyment in looking at the clues and making guesses and speculations based on the evidence at hand, but no, there of course has to be someone to shoot our dreams and curious thoughts out of the water and scream the same things that they have done over and over again "ITS NOT CONNECTED! ITS OVER!" No, what is the point of a forum? It's to discuss things, and speculating is not out of the question, even if we're wrong in the end, don't try to defend us from our own foolishness in the end if where wrong, than we're wrong. Case closed, but it was fun while it lasted.... Or it would have been fun if we didn't have to deal with the constant ringing in our ears telling us otherwise.

I know this may seem rather rash, but all I'm saying is just to take a chill pill and lighten up a bit. Let us have our fun, we're not hurting you, nor hurting others, if you feel like we're doing so than just go somewhere else to discuss said something else, heck I don't care if your calling us rude things and throwing darts at pictures of us that are on the wall, in the end we just want to have fun, in a peaceful manor away from overly harsh criticism.

The recurrence of the Vahi's appearance in Gentwo is meant to homage the fact that the Mask of Time will have further plot-relevance later on.

• 2 months later...

All the Vahi's

The Nuva Symbols

The returning pieces!

I think you should chill, mate.

• Upvote 1

When I saw that, I got super giddy. I love seeing the references and the Nuva symbols were an awesome, albeit underutilized element of G1. They used the Nuva symbols really well on the new Uniter sets. It almost makes me think they are this generations "Nuva" forms. 

But as far as I know, these don't have relation to the older generation Toa. It's simply a reference and a fun way to identify each of them through symbols. Who knows? There could be more to it but I would not count on it.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg