Pre-ev Vamprah design

Stroxx

And another one pops up on the internetz:

ref___vamprah_by_oyee-d9appfo.jpg

His legs were a real killer. Had to redraw it, because the proportions were waaaaaaaaaay off. But I still wanted to draw him small legs, because I mainly imagine Vamprah to be a flier by default even before Karda-Nui. Also had some issues with face that had to be readjusted later.

As always comments, and CC are welcome and make me happy! =)

• Upvote 9

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

Great job as always. It would appear that with this third picture, you have a pattern being formed and a series!

I love how he looks very different yet still similar to his appearance at the Karda-Nui Invasion. And I can only imagine how hard it would have been to draw something un-proportionate such as this. I have some OCD 'problems' myself so I know what that's like, but at least you pulled through! It certainly does give him a unique and other-worldy appearance, as someone previously mentioned.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Ok, first of all I gotta say I love how you made the shoulder armor resemble the set. And the wings, I love the wings. And the beak-nose.

I have to say it looks more like a Vamprah after the transformation, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Your work is so detailed! The hexagon pattern on the wings is a very nice touch. The torso is quite long, but yet again the torso of the set is long. I like his face because for me the set has always looked a little femine (probably because I expect blue characters to be female).

Very cool work!

hidron_nuva_idea.png

Looks fantastic, I like the use of fleshy bits, may I request Miserix next?

Thanks! That's gonna be tricky. I love me some big scaley dragons, but I'm sure he had a form pre-mutation that accomodated better people sized buildings. And certainly wouldn't murder people sized chairs. XD

Your work never fails to amaze me. I love the elongated torso, it gives off an alien-esque vibe to the figure. 

Mission accomplished then. Thank you!

Great job as always. It would appear that with this third picture, you have a pattern being formed and a series!

I love how he looks very different yet still similar to his appearance at the Karda-Nui Invasion. And I can only imagine how hard it would have been to draw something un-proportionate such as this. I have some OCD 'problems' myself so I know what that's like, but at least you pulled through! It certainly does give him a unique and other-worldy appearance, as someone previously mentioned.

A pattern I'm intending to continue! It's not just good practice, but definitely gonna spare me some work!

It was mainly ballancing problems betweem how exaggarated or how practical it should be, and what looks good. And thanks!

Ok, first of all I gotta say I love how you made the shoulder armor resemble the set. And the wings, I love the wings. And the beak-nose.

I have to say it looks more like a Vamprah after the transformation, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Your work is so detailed! The hexagon pattern on the wings is a very nice touch. The torso is quite long, but yet again the torso of the set is long. I like his face because for me the set has always looked a little femine (probably because I expect blue characters to be female).

Very cool work!

Hahaha. Believe it or not, that beak-nose was a real pain in the aft. :D The 3/4 view was a lot wierder before I got this up here.

He does look a lot more similar to his Karda-Nui form (minus the muscles). My reasoning was that the guy has always been a silent hunter type and he must have had a reason and past EXPERIENCE if he went for the ugly but functional stuff at KN vs the flashy but not so functional form. Just look at Antroz or Chirox. If their fab KN form wouldn't had been held up by the species' natural space majyyks they would have plummeted unceremoniously like rocks. So, I'm sure Vamprah wasn't unfamiliar with that design.

And thank you! I'm a sucker for details!

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

I hate to ask, but other people have posted their so why the heck not.

Could Spiriah get some artistic love? There are not very many doodles of the guy.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Next time: Bitil.

But seriously though, nice job! i love the way you incorporated the wings. :D

Dork Bug is in the rooster there too, don't worry. Just gotta make sure Boss Dragon won't make any time paradoxes with his size and furniture butchery.

Thanks! It's been some time since I did me some nice batty wings.

I really dig how off his proportions are. They don't look quite right which really adds to an overall uncomfortable, alien feel. Nice work.

The trick is to find that golden spot right before the uncanny valley. Glad you like it! :)

Could Spiriah get some artistic love? There are not very many doodles of the guy.

I feel you there mate. That loser was a real cinnamonroll in FoF. I really wish he could have stayed around a lot more before he got turned into dragon food. I'm not sure how soon I'll draw him, but he does deserve more love. Maybe before I go throught with the Karda Nui Invasion Force or after. Still have to figure out some quirks for him to differentiate his mask from Antroz' and how to incorporate... all those... limbs... but still make him dorky, youngish and somewhat more collected.

• Upvote 1

I feel you there mate. That loser was a real cinnamonroll in FoF. I really wish he could have stayed around a lot more before he got turned into dragon food. I'm not sure how soon I'll draw him, but he does deserve more love. Maybe before I go throught with the Karda Nui Invasion Force or after. Still have to figure out some quirks for him to differentiate his mask from Antroz' and how to incorporate... all those... limbs... but still make him dorky, youngish and somewhat more collected.

...cinnamon roll?? :blink:

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I've layed my eyes upon the vast chasms of Tumblr and beckoned some of it's blackest corners . Somethings never fade. Cinnamonroll there is a synonim of something cute and most endearing that must be protected. It's also a fine bakery product I like.

I've layed my eyes upon the vast chasms of Tumblr and beckoned some of it's blackest corners . Somethings never fade. Cinnamonroll there is a synonim of something cute and most endearing that must be protected. It's also a fine bakery product I like.

Thank you for the enlightenment, oh wise painter. Never been part of the Tumblr community, but from what I have seen from Google Images I too know of the dark chasms of which you speak. (my mom makes awesome cinnamon rolls)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png