LEGO Brings Home the Bacon with New LEGO Angry Birds Teaser

Hapori Tohu

The official LEGO Facebook page has shared a new teaser image of one of the Bad Piggies from next year's The Angry Birds Movie sets. The pig in question looks as though he's about to chow down on a stolen egg. But if you look closely at the foreground you can spot a glimpse the film's eponymous birds looming... and they look pretty angry! Follow the link above to see the new teaser, and then share your thoughts in the Talkback topic!

View the full article

Okay. so i'm not too informed on AB, i know the red one, the yellow dart one, and the black bomb one...

but i've never seen the white-with-pink-plume one or the pure pink one before? are they actual birds with abilities in the game or are they movie add-ins?

I'm pretty sure the pink one is Stella, who starred in a spin-off game aimed more at girls. The other one may well be a character from that game as well.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

By the way they've shown that egg piece in both the teasers, it looks like it will have a inverted stud in the bottom, so that's an interesting piece already. Hoping there will be more. Also confused by people's comments about it being ugly, I mean, even if it doesn't seem like a good fit for LEGO, they're doing a good job on it, the characters look fine.

Okay. so i'm not too informed on AB, i know the red one, the yellow dart one, and the black bomb one...

but i've never seen the white-with-pink-plume one or the pure pink one before? are they actual birds with abilities in the game or are they movie add-ins?

I'm pretty sure the pink one is Stella, who starred in a spin-off game aimed more at girls. The other one may well be a character from that game as well.

If I'm correct, that "other one" you mentioned might be the white bird with the exploding eggs from the first game. I think nowadays, they're trying to make that bird look a little more feminine. Correct me if I'm wrong, though; I'm not keeping up with this info.

I saw the trailer and the movie doesn't look like the worst thing ever. The LEGO stuff itself looks questionable.

mindeth the cobwebs

The movie actually looks funny. But this? I have one word to describe it:

WHAT

If I'm correct, that "other one" you mentioned might be the white bird with the exploding eggs from the first game. I think nowadays, they're trying to make that bird look a little more feminine. Correct me if I'm wrong, though; I'm not keeping up with this info.

I saw the trailer and the movie doesn't look like the worst thing ever. The LEGO stuff itself looks questionable.

I care less about the fact that LEGO's making Angry Birds sets (hardly the most pointless IP they've ever done) and more about the fact that a game about throwing birds at pigs is getting a feature film.

I care less about the fact that LEGO's making Angry Birds sets (hardly the most pointless IP they've ever done) and more about the fact that a game about throwing birds at pigs is getting a feature film.

This. 

I can see the potential in a Lego set - build the pigs' castle out of bricks and the slingshot, shoot birds at said castle to destroy it, rebuild, rinse, repeat. (Maybe even a 3-in-1 build that allows you to build multiple castles.) Quite possibly a bunch of new molds for the birds/pigs, but they don't have to go that route necessarily. 

But a movie? 

Yeah. 

Not sure how that works.

NOPE

sundive.jpg

(I'm sorry if you don't find this funny, this is just my sense of humor and I understand if you dislike it, just don't hate on me for it.)

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I don't know which is worse: That we have Simpsons LEGO or there are Angry Bird LEGO coming.

Depends. Are you bothered by Simpsons because you think it isn't kid-appropriate (in which case it's easily worse, since there's nothing particularly "adult" about Angry Birds), or do you just think it's your call what people should or shouldn't enjoy?

I'm not an Angry Birds fan myself, but I know the game and I know plenty of fans of the game. It wasn't any kind of fluke that it became so popular! Its appeal is based around a distinctive physics-based gameplay mechanic with arcade-like simplicity, plus charming and colorful character designs. Plus, from what I've seen, it's a series that hasn't been afraid to innovate in subsequent installments, like Angry Birds Space which added non-linear gravity into the equation.

Whether the LEGO theme succeeds will probably depend heavily on whether the movie succeeds. I don't see any particular reason to assume it won't. The trailer seemed pretty cute and funny to me.