"Buffing" Parts

So, I have many parts sitting in a bin that get rustled around whenever I search for one. Hence, I have many beat up and nicked parts. In particular, some of the later pieces were made of softer plastic, and as a result look ugly after being in that bin for a while. I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about, and I was wondering, does anyone have a remedy for this? I was thinking of (as the title suggests), is there a way that anyone knows of to "buff" parts?

db76a003-790e-461b-a18a-fa88a856ee11_zps

Check out my reinforced double ball cup!

It's definitely doable. I did it to a mask that got all scratched up. For that one, I used this foam nail-filer thing that I borrowed from my sister. Went over it first with the rougher grain, and worked my way down to the finer grain. You can do the same with sandpaper, assuming you are really careful about not taking much off. There are also some power tools you can use (a sort of handheld drill that can have the bit switched out) which might work well.

I'm sure there's other ways that others have used. If I can find the things I mentioned, I can take a picture of them for you so you can see what they look like.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~