Bbc Contest #62: Final Poll!

BBC Contest #62 Final Poll  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Final PollBBC Contest #62: Up Up and Away!Here we've come to save the day! This is the final round of official BBC Contest #62: Up Up and Away! Aw yeah.Final Voting begins November 29th and ends December 1st at 11:59 P.M. EST.The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on December 2nd.---------------------------------------------------------1. dscf3028.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Manbat2. catwoman01.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Catwoman3. entry.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Batman4. freezeentry.gif_thumb.jpg >>> Mr. Freeze, Heart Of Ice5. dscf3021.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> The Batman6. flash_run.png_thumb.jpg >>> The Flash

Edited by McSmeag
bring back "an cool dude"

I had to go with #5 here, but all of these MOCs had their merits. Manbat was well built, Catwoman was cool, and #3 was great (but a bit too jumbled, hence my vote didn't go there). I wasn't going to touch #4 with a ten-foot pole, due to my opinion that virtual MOCs have no place in this sort of contest, but if it was real it'd be getting my vote. Finally, #6 was interesting but it had a few design flaws in it - and it really seems kind of like a Hero Factory set.Good luck to all!

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I'm a little surprised people are voting for the Batman who looks like he's missing a limb.

But he doesn't look like he's missing a limb, it looks like it's just behind the cape. The issue is that it's actually missing a portion of the limb and is, evidently, doing a decent job of underplaying it.
bannerelzy.jpg

Bit biased there, DeeVee?

Of course I am, I want the best MOC to win. I don't think it currently is. I'm not even saying mine is that one, I'm just saying a MOC that looks clearly rushed, unfinished, MISSING AN ARM, and quite messy isn't that MOC, and so I'm surprised others think it is. Edited by DeeVee

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I wasn't going to touch #4 with a ten-foot pole, due to my opinion that virtual MOCs have no place in this sort of contest, but if it was real it'd be getting my vote.

I'd be okay with LDD made things if extended mode was banned; granted, the added difficulty of working with LDD should allow for some compensation, but when you can have color schemes match perfectly without having to try, that's what kinda bothers me.

Bit biased there, DeeVee?

Of course I am, I want the best MOC to win. I don't think it currently is. I'm not even saying mine is that one, I'm just saying a MOC that looks clearly rushed, unfinished, MISSING AN ARM, and quite messy isn't that MOC, and so I'm surprised others think it is.
Chill, broski. Aesthetics isn't all that matters. Granted, the missing arm is probably its biggest fault; even so, the MoC has a lot of cool designs and styles, and executes them pretty well. It's not perfect, but nothing is, and I quite like some of the things the MoC has done. Winning isn't everything.That said, I did vote for number five. A bit rough around the edges, and missing an arm (which probably could have been covered up, even, but ah well =P) but it has some really innovative designs. Manbat would totally have had my vote otherwise; very well built, has a lot of personality to it. Edited by Dorek

I wasn't going to touch #4 with a ten-foot pole, due to my opinion that virtual MOCs have no place in this sort of contest, but if it was real it'd be getting my vote.

I'd be okay with LDD made things if extended mode was banned; granted, the added difficulty of working with LDD should allow for some compensation, but when you can have color schemes match perfectly without having to try, that's what kinda bothers me.
But yeah, even then, you've got the issue of having as many parts as you want. It's still unhindered by the limitations of one's collection. They're BBC contests, not LDD contests.Just a little more of my $0.02.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

That said, I did vote for number five. A bit rough around the edges, and missing an arm (which probably could have been covered up, even, but ah well =P) but it has some really innovative designs. Manbat would totally have had my vote otherwise; very well built, has a lot of personality to it.

Innovation is all fine and dandy, but when it is innovative but looks unfinished, and isn't pulled off well, it's not worth anything. Batman number two is lazily and haphazardly thrown together, and it shows to anyone who clicks the thumbnail. It's not even the best Batman in the poll. And the only remotely innovative design is the batsymbol, and even that looks cluttered and messy. I would honestly rank it as the fourth-best MOC in the poll. And only because I don't believe things built with LDD count. If they did, it'd be fifth. I think voting for a MOC that is so unfinished sets a terrible precendent for future contests.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I'm a little surprised people are voting for the Batman who looks like he's missing a limb.

I'ma have to agree here; the arm's not "hidden behind the cape", its clearly just not there.As for me, I liked the first Batman because from what it looks it seems to be emulating Frank Millar's Batman from "The Dark Knight Returns". But I eventually went with ManBat; the accuracy is top-notch, and the colors and build are very well done as well.This contest as a whole has interested me very much, being the comic book obsessed geek that I am. Of course, I sort of viewed this a bit differently than others and based my votes on accuracy more than build. Still, I'm very disappointed that a certain Harley Quinn MOC was disqualified; it was much better than any of the ones depicted here in my opinion.EDIT: Also I have to give credit the ingenuity of whoever made the semi-final polls for naming them "Superman Blue" and "Superman Red". Could have been lazy and just gone with "Flash and Professor Zoom" or "Captain Marvel and Black Adam" or even a "Plastic Man and Elongated Man", but choosing those two was pure gold. Edited by Kahi

Alright, so I'll just put my two cents here. The Catwoman wasn't bad, but I'm afraid there just wasn't enough there that distinguished it as cat woman for me. If I hadn't known from the start that it was Catwoman, that's the only entry I can really say would be a bit of a guess. *Shrug* #3, the first Batman, also wasn't bad at all. I think it lost in the Batman department though, because overall there was a little too much silver. It was a very impressive model, but I'm afraid I wound up having to compare it to the other Batman, and I felt it just wasn't as good. Mr. Freeze was impressive, but it was a virtual MOC, so I'm afraid not. :/ The Flash was a nice, sleek model for sure, but I think my first reaction would be 'hey, cool Hero Factory set' than 'hey, it's the Flash!' I would've made the connection sooner or later, but alas, something about it just didn't click for me. It almost seemed a bit...boring. Well made and sleek, but boring.So that left Man-Bat and 55555's Batman. I really liked the Man-Bat, I thought it was a really well made, creative MOC. But I'm afraid Batman took the prize here. There may be a little Batman bias here (Cause who doesn't love Batman? :P) but it was just so well made. You instantly get the 90s Batman show vibe from it, which is always a plus for me, plus an innovative way of making the head, bat symbol, limbs, gah, even the missing arm couldn't really detract from how darn cool I thought it was. Kudos to 55555. Well done all!

exo-toa_battle.jpg