My First Impression of The Legend Reborn

Xboxtravis

So I finally got around to watching Bionicle: The Legend Reborn last night. I think I feel a lot like the people on this forum, I was not to impressed.

A lot of the characterization bugged me. Michael Dorn as Mata Nui was fine, but half his lines didn't make a lot of sense in the context of the movie... The way he goes around telling people that they are true Toa, that he is an guardian of another world, and that a giant robot has enslaved his people: he talks as if they already knew that and doesn't explain things. It leaves a viewer very confused to what he is talking about.

However when Mata Nui had a good moment he was genuinely awesome, sadly those moments were far and inbetween.

Ackar acted good, but I wondered why his voice sounded like a Saturday morning cartoon voice from the 1990's... Kiina was turned into a complete spaz by the movie, her victory dance in the first scene we meet her makes me think she really is crazy... Gresh suffers from the "surf dude" voice that plagued Jaller and Takua in Mask of Light. Almost the Agori seemed like they were 10 years old... When will Bionicle filmakers realize that the little guys in the story weren't born yesterday?

Then the visuals... The Agori teeth, Mata Nui's fold up mask... Lots of weird stuff.

So yeah, I have a lot to gripe about the movie. As a whole with the Bionicle story, it is a small story that really doesn't correlate with much else. By itself, the movie doesn't flow to well or make much sense.

Any other opinions? Am I being a bit to harsh or does The Legend Reborn deserve it?

• Upvote 2

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!