Krana Display Frame Build!

MartinCollects

The thing that I love about the Bionicle fandom is that every so often you stumble across something that is so remarkable that you spend a few minutes staring at it, trying to suppress the urge to drool. 

This is one such scenario. 

• Upvote 3

bZpOwEr

This is really cool! :) I like how you sorted the Krana both by color and by Krana and Krana-Va. It's always cool to see all the different Krana displayed together! Thanks for posting!

• Upvote 1

Very luxuriant. Almost feels like a museum display piece.

Why the additional purple Krana, though?

Fun fact: There are two shades of purple Krana, one is darker and one is lighter. In the shadow, both variations look the same, but the difference is obvious when seen in person or good lightning conditions.

• Upvote 3

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Thank you guys so much! :D
I will actually have this displayed at a local Lego exhibit here in Sweden this fall, that's why I added the informational box in the corner to make it look even more displayable :)

And yes the purple krana were released in two shades!
Unfortunately I don't have the variant set completed yet as you have to buy random lots of them on bricklink and 'hope' to get the shades you need, because they are always listed as just "purple" which makes it a bit hard :P

• Upvote 1

oBDcYei.jpg

Very interesting! I've been thinking about making a Krana display as such for some time now, but yours really takes the cake. How much do you think you spent on the frame? (sans the Krana). I'd almost be interested in replicating it.

• Upvote 1

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

This is a beautiful piece Martin, great job! It's no secret I have a real thing for custom display pieces and this is far and away one of the nicest I've ever seen! I've been in love with my own krana display since it's completion but I think yours tops it with the labels and encasing frame. Great job and I'll see what I can do about those last few krana you need but am starting a new job today so am likely to be busy for a little while :P Good luck finding the other bits you need and enjoy the event!

• Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I love it and need it in my office. Thank you for giving form to what I always wanted to do for my collectibles!

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

This is very, very nice. I'm thoroughly impressed! Nice displays are in short supply these days. People used to have fun with them years ago when collectibles were more popular but I haven't seen a good one in ages.

Well done!

-Letagi

• Upvote 1

Very interesting! I've been thinking about making a Krana display as such for some time now, but yours really takes the cake. How much do you think you spent on the frame? (sans the Krana). I'd almost be interested in replicating it.

The IKEA Ribba frame is about 18USD, and I think I spent about the same amount on the Lego pieces for it including the shipping :)

The black background paper was only a few dollars I think and the certificate holder was just something I had laying around, as I also collect trading cards. The rest are just standard supplies like paper and glue.

I do have to mention that you need to have someone helping you when doing this though,

I would never be able to build it if I didn't have some help to discuss the measuring and most importantly, someone beeing able to hold rulers etc when you do the gluing :D

Anyhow, I guess the total cost for this would be something like 40USD or less? :)

oBDcYei.jpg