Bohrok of the Jungle

"Across the Island of Okoto could be found statues representing large faces. Thinking these effigies erected by our long-gone ancestors, we paid tribute to them and called them Tiki. Little did we know, these remnants of an ancient past would be the heralds of a bleak future.

When the Krah Na resurfaced to take control of their mechanical host bodies, the Bohrok freed and untangled their limbs long overgrown by root and vine, conquered by soil and swamp to arise anew. As they lumbered through the jungle, we came to fear that which we once revered. Laying waste to all in their path and leaving nothing in their wake, the Bohrok proved the greatest threat we had ever faced..."

p1040250.jpg

p1040251.jpg

p1040252.jpg

p1040253.jpg

p1040254.jpg

p1040255.jpg

p1040262.jpg

Opened up:

p1040263.jpg

p1040264.jpg

p1040266.jpg

p1040268.jpg

p1040270.jpg

Collapsed "Tiki" mode:

p1040271.jpg

p1040272.jpg

This MOC is basically a combination of parts of both Jungle sets and incorporates the gear design from the Toa set. Nevertheless, it was fun to work with limited basic parts and create something fun and different notwithstanding. I hope you enjoy this little throwback design. :-)

• Upvote 10
modsmacksig.jpg

My god. Schiz. You're not dead.

I like how you've managed to capture the look of the Bohrok with the teeth and eyeslits. Also the foldability thing too is spiffy.  Actually, the tiki statue mode thing may be my favorite part. 

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

You've done a phenomenal job capturing the general look of a Bohrok, considering you only used parts from two official sets. I'd say it has got more of an insect look than what the official Bohrok sets were considered to be going for. You've done well, I must say. I haven't got any complaints about it.

Schizo, you're back!?  It's great to see such an awesome staff member again. :)

Like everyone else has said, it's really impressive that you made a functioning Gen 2 Bohrok using only Gen 2 parts!  I like that the Krana is transparent as a way of distinguishing it. We never got any transparent Gen 1 Krana, so maybe this is Lego's chance... :P

Great job on the collapsed pose, too! I think those two pieces that look like giant Bohrok teeth weren't accidental. :P Thanks for posting this great piece of MOCing and welcome back! :)

Hey, I recognize your name! way back before I even joined, I think I remember seeing a bunch of your Art and MoCs all over the site :D

Great to see you back here again! This MoC is pretty sweet, looks pretty solid. Ive never been much of a fan of the yellow on the G2 sets lately, but regardless of my opinion, it fits the style of them very well; it also resembles the original bohrok quite nicely, the tusks are a nice touch!

Normally I would note the lack of ball-mode and the ability for it to strike things with its head, but like the others said, its cool that you were able to make it resemble a bohrok as much as you did with the parts available, and I know that it would be quite the pain in the rear to try figuring out how to make all that work with just those few sets, if such a thing is even possible :P

All in all, great work!

--Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

Thank you for the kind words, everyone!

My god. Schiz. You're not dead.

Why does that keep coming as a surprise to people? 

I like the model a lot, but I feel like the swords through off the Bohrok feel.

To be honest, they're not very functional as swords, either. Rather, they function more as extra pincers, but I forgot to include an "attack" picture. I might snap and upload one later. :-)  

I like that the Krana is transparent as a way of distinguishing it.

Well, given I had to work with what I had left, there wasn't much of a choice. I'm still not 100% happy with how it turned out, but it fits and the vines/tentacles add a nice touch when it's inside the Bohrok. 

Normally I would note the lack of ball-mode and the ability for it to strike things with its head, but like the others said, its cool that you were able to make it resemble a bohrok as much as you did with the parts available, and I know that it would be quite the pain in the rear to try figuring out how to make all that work with just those few sets, if such a thing is even possible :P

It's probably possible, as there are quite a few gears available. I'm not very technically inclined, so I'm not sure I'd be able to figure it out, though. My MOC designs usually lean more towards shape/appearance than actual functionality. And as I mentioned, I was too lazy to take apart the Toa gear mechanism. :-s
modsmacksig.jpg