Concerning Subcultures

Taka Nuvia

Iknow that politic/religious topics are not to be discussed on BZPower, but recently I was wondering if starting a thread about subcultures would be allowed.

Religious sigs, posts, and PMs are not allowed on BZPower. This includes quotes from the Bible, Koran, or other religious publications, as well as statements or sigs such as "Jesus Loves You" or "Proud to be a Christian."Political sigs, posts, and PMs are not allowed on BZPower. This includes other topics related to politics such as abortion or gun control as well as any statement promoting or insulting certain political ideologies.

(quoted from here)So even though I don't see a problem, I thought I might as well ask. It's more out of curiousity, though.Thanks in advance,Taka NuviaEdit: fixed a typo. Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

HmI'm assuming this would go in COT, right?I'm going to say that it's been done before. I spent maybe twenty minutes looking (more like wading) through the old COT forum to see what I could find. There was a topic on emo subculture that spiraled out of control and then was kicked into locked-topic oblivion by Kex, so one must be careful. To quote Than, "If we can't discuss a subject with at least some level of respect, then we're not going to discuss it at all."What I saw the most are topics asking what subculture members see themselves belonging to. You know, "What's Your Style?" type topics. These seemed to go just fine.What you also have to look out for is this, from the COT Guidelines: "No topics for "clubs," "groups," or the like, where you have to join, and people are excluded. It hasn't worked out in the past, due to spam and other conflicts, so they're out and will be closed if posted."I hope this gives you a better idea. I am going to leave this open though, because I do want to ask the specifics of the topic you had in mind. Would you mind giving them?

Edited by -Windrider-

Yep, it would go in COT.I don't know, but it would be along the lines of "What subculture do you identify with", kind of as a place not only to find members with similar interests, but more as a place to maybe exchange information, or just chat about 'alternative' things. :shrugs:

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

As long as the "information" you mentioned isn't personal information like locations or social media pages, I think it would be okay. We do have a Girls' Corner in COT, and this sounds like a similar idea.If you want a definite answer, though, I would PM a COT Forum Leader. I know that Makaru is pretty active, so it might be a good idea to contact him.With that, I think it's as good a time as any to close this up. I hope your topic goes well!