Protector Mask with Scope

Kaihanga777

This is really awesome!! It'd be so cool if shapeways allowed us to blend colors. Izotor could use this mask for himself then!

For the first time in four years ... the Bionicle story comes to a close

with the Bionicle Disunity trilogy

Were you as shocked as I was upon learning the Bionicle serials "The Yesterday Quest" and "The Powers That Be" would never be finished?

Did you know that Lego won't allow Greg Farshtey to complete the story because they want to focus on marketing G2?

My close friend The Mad Great Being has been working tirelessly on completing the Bionicle story ... and now it is finally finished. His writing style stays

true to the integrity of the characters that we know and love.  His plot ideas are something only comparable to Greg Farshtey's.

Trust me, I'm hard to please with fan-fiction.  If you liked reading Bionicle Chronicles/Adventures/Legends ... then you won't

want to miss the next best thing since learning Mata Nui was a 40-million-foot-tall robot.

BZP User The Mad Great Being presents ... Bionicle: Malevolence

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19970-the-great-being-civil-war/

Sponsored by Wamsutta

Thanks man! Yeah, I really like it. I'm ordering myself one as well. I'll post pics when I get it!

Can't wait. I cannot give a proper review of it until I see it from the proper angle. I have no doubt that it'll look cool. :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

There is a way to modify the viewing angle on Shapeways. Simple click the "Edit Product" button on the shop page, go over to "Details," and change the "Up Axis" under "Material Render Pose." If that doesn't quite fix it, use the 3D render there to change its position.

Anyway, it looks great. I love the stylized Protector mask, though the sides are a bit blocky, and the scope is well-integrated. However, I do have a few other recommendations:

he mask seems really thick, especially through the top, and that's going to raise your printing cost considerably. It will be cheaper if you can thin that out a little. Also, though it might not be a problem once it's printed, the model seems a little rough, especially on top. A "Subdivide Surface" modifier would help with that and make it look cleaner. And my other concern: does it actually fit a G2 head? 3D printing masks is all about careful measurement to ensure you have the right scale. And, as CrunchyN discovered, those little rectangular protrusions on the prongs that hold the head on are necessary to keep the mask straight, so you will need to add those in as well.

• Upvote 2

There is a way to modify the viewing angle on Shapeways. Simple click the "Edit Product" button on the shop page, go over to "Details," and change the "Up Axis" under "Material Render Pose." If that doesn't quite fix it, use the 3D render there to change its position.

Anyway, it looks great. I love the stylized Protector mask, though the sides are a bit blocky, and the scope is well-integrated. However, I do have a few other recommendations:

he mask seems really thick, especially through the top, and that's going to raise your printing cost considerably. It will be cheaper if you can thin that out a little. Also, though it might not be a problem once it's printed, the model seems a little rough, especially on top. A "Subdivide Surface" modifier would help with that and make it look cleaner. And my other concern: does it actually fit a G2 head? 3D printing masks is all about careful measurement to ensure you have the right scale. And, as CrunchyN discovered, those little rectangular protrusions on the prongs that hold the head on are necessary to keep the mask straight, so you will need to add those in as well.

Yes, I really need to ask at this point after evaluating your models, can you guarantee that they are compatible with the actual sets?

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."