Set Review: 7985 City of Atlantis

tn_7985-city-of-atlantis_teaser.jpg

Back at BrickFair 2011, Ben (Chocolate Frogs), Aaron (Nuju Metru), Rene (Emperor Whenua) and I (xccj) purchased 7985: City of Atlantis and did a video review of it in our hotel room. Now, five months later, I've finally finished editing it up, and now we can show it to you. Watch the video to see what we think about this set, or read on to get some of the highlights.

View the full article

How do trap doors work underwater anyway?Regardless, a very nice review. :)

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I'm liking this set more and more by the week. Although I won't buy it, this reveiw makes me want to.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

They interviewed the set.Anyways, I always like to watch or read a review. Well, that is, when it's cool people discussing it in a humorous manner. Which is pretty much every review on BZP. This one was no exception, well done guys.

Edited by kanohi_master

How do trap doors work underwater anyway?Regardless, a very nice interview. :)

Bahaha, interview. But anyway, it's a Lego set, so who cares about scientific accuracy of integrated set functions? :P (The submarine has holes in the cockpit, too -- how can the pilot breath in it! :o )

AHA! now i know what EW looks like! as awell as what im not going to buy anytime soon, and i got to hear a few jokes along the way too.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 2 weeks later...

How do trap doors work underwater anyway?Regardless, a very nice interview. :)

Bahaha, interview. But anyway, it's a Lego set, so who cares about scientific accuracy of integrated set functions? :P (The submarine has holes in the cockpit, too -- how can the pilot breath in it! :o )
...oopsie

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

This set is nice and I like the submarine, but in general it is nowhere near as fun to play with, as visually impressive, or as complex in design as the flagship set from the previous year, 8078 Portal of Atlantis. I feel it's quite a shame that the Dark Red of that set is absent from this one's color scheme, as I feel it could have made the set's appearance more exciting.The introduction of architecture resembling Ancient Greek ruins was naturally a thing that excited a lot of Atlantis fans, who felt the lack of such was a major weakness of the previous wave. But I feel in some ways this came at the cost of the distinctive style of the previous wave. This feels very generic to me, and not nearly as visually impressive as the Portal of Atlantis or the Gateway of the Squid (the latter of which was not an exceptionally impressive set itself).The final thing that bothers me about this set is that it takes up a lot of shelf space, and yet a lot of that space ends up somewhat empty. All in all I like this set, but like the rest of the 2011 Atlantis sets it seems awfully lacking compared to the sets of the previous year. And I suppose this is not its fault entirely, as the 2010 Atlantis lineup was extremely impressive in many ways.