Hey everyone!

I had been thinking for awhile and I realized just how much I wished we had gotten a Great Spirit Robot set. ... It would have been the ultimate titan to send off Bionicle. With that being said, I think now is an amazing opportunity for people to try and create a model of the robot via shapeways.com.

I'd love to see a modeler take on the challenge of making a GSR.  What are your guys' thoughts on all of this? :)

• Upvote 1

For the first time in four years ... the Bionicle story comes to a close

with the Bionicle Disunity trilogy

Were you as shocked as I was upon learning the Bionicle serials "The Yesterday Quest" and "The Powers That Be" would never be finished?

Did you know that Lego won't allow Greg Farshtey to complete the story because they want to focus on marketing G2?

My close friend The Mad Great Being has been working tirelessly on completing the Bionicle story ... and now it is finally finished. His writing style stays

true to the integrity of the characters that we know and love.  His plot ideas are something only comparable to Greg Farshtey's.

Trust me, I'm hard to please with fan-fiction.  If you liked reading Bionicle Chronicles/Adventures/Legends ... then you won't

want to miss the next best thing since learning Mata Nui was a 40-million-foot-tall robot.

BZP User The Mad Great Being presents ... Bionicle: Malevolence

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19970-the-great-being-civil-war/

Sponsored by Wamsutta

I've actually thought of taking on this challenge myself. However, the problems involved would be 1) actually getting a design program good enough to handle the HUGE model size, and 2) getting enough parts to actually build the thing so the weight and stability could be tested. Rather expensive.

Mostly I've thought of building little parts of it in LDD - like the lower arm/hand, foot, etc, and then throwing those parts together. I haven't tested this, though, so I have no idea if doing so would make my computer explode. 

It would have been awesome to have the Great Spirit Robot in the form of a Knight Kingdom-style set.

Knight Kingdom? Anyone remember that?

Which one? I believe there were two separate lines called "Knights Kingdom." One short-lived one from 2000, and another from 2004-2006.

I assume you mean the latter, which had constraction figures. I had the constraction Vladek.

EDIT: And yes we DID miss out. BIG time.

(Notice "did" and "big" are all-caps, bold, italicized, and underlined all at once. That's how much emphasis needs to go into it.)

EDIT 2: If anyone models it, maybe we can break it down into constraction pieces a la the Knights Kingdom mentioned earlier and 3D print them.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

#BringIt. This is exactly the challenge I have been waiting for. Mark my words. 2 weeks or less from now, you will have your GSR. :D

Also, I will make it a construction figure, so stay tuned!

Good luck, buddy!

It's a big challenge, but you certainly sound like you're up for it!

This certainly is quite the undertaking. Translating the robot's design into constraction pieces sounds like a really difficult thing to do, though I'm not a MOCist (MOCer?) so I wouldn't know.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

#BringIt. This is exactly the challenge I have been waiting for. Mark my words. 2 weeks or less from now, you will have your GSR. :D

Also, I will make it a construction figure, so stay tuned!

Good luck, buddy!

It's a big challenge, but you certainly sound like you're up for it!

This certainly is quite the undertaking. Translating the robot's design into constraction pieces sounds like a really difficult thing to do, though I'm not a MOCist (MOCer?) so I wouldn't know.

Most people go with 'MoCer'. MoCist sounds like someone who stands against MoCing. :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Wow! I didn't imagine getting this many replies, haha. Thanks everyone for contributing to my first topic!  If we as a community can figure out how to make this work, every person will benefit! :)

Were you as shocked as I was upon learning the Bionicle serials "The Yesterday Quest" and "The Powers That Be" would never be finished?

Did you know that Lego won't allow Greg Farshtey to complete the story because they want to focus on marketing G2?

My close friend The Mad Great Being has been working tirelessly on completing the Bionicle story ... and now it is finally finished. His writing style stays

true to the integrity of the characters that we know and love.  His plot ideas are something only comparable to Greg Farshtey's.

Trust me, I'm hard to please with fan-fiction.  If you liked reading Bionicle Chronicles/Adventures/Legends ... then you won't

want to miss the next best thing since learning Mata Nui was a 40-million-foot-tall robot.

Sponsored by Wamsutta

We should have an official topic entirely about custom 3D printing projects in the B/S/T forum. It could have an index/listing of every custom-made part buyable on Shapeways. And then members could request and suggest things like this that were shown in story or other official media but never released in set form.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Fantastic idea, Cheesy Mac n Cheese!! I guess I'll be the one to make it! :)

Here is the link to the topic: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/20397-the-comprehensive-list-of-bionicle-pieces/

Feel free to use this one for anything 3D modeling-related.

Edited by Wamsutta

Sponsored by Wamsutta

I'd love a master-builder set, if not a piece to tabletop gaming. I'd love to see a Bionicle tabletop game actually...

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell