The Crossing original text

Kneeler

I started rereading the old BIONICLE chapter books recently. Because I'm big on completion, I decided to read all the prose stories.

Every one of the published books and online serials is available to read in English, except "The Crossing". It was only published in Polish, serialized in Glatorian activity books. I know there's an English retranslation, which is serviceable, but it would be nice for the original English version to see the light of day.

I'm on a quest to make that happen. It's not that serious or important, but it's still a quest.

I asked Greg Farshtey a question about whether it could be republished, like "Journey's End" (the other story only printed in Polish) was. His response:

I'm not sure what LEGO Company's position on this would be, since it is old story, not new story. But it can't be reprinted in any way without permission from AMEET, the company that published the story.

I shot off an email to AMEET last Friday and am waiting for a response. Does anybody on this [bOARD] know how I should try to contact LEGO? Or am I wasting my time?

Edited by Torrhen

You're probably wasting your time. Unless you have contact with a specific employee who can answer your question, or you represent a company or organization they're willing to do business with, they probably won't help you. I won't discourage you from trying, however.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

First things first, this isn't a subreddit ;) you might wanna check over your text before copy/pasting it into another board.

Back on topic though, this is a tricky one to answer. AMEET's been sitting on those publishing rights for, what, 5, 6 years now? And since they obviously don't have any plans to republish, that might be of use. However, if AMEET works like any other publishing business I know of, they aren't just gonna hand over any text that they could hypothetically republish and make money off.

Perhaps a better strategy could be to find out how much they value said publishing rights at, and set up some crowdfunding to purchase the rights off of them? Now, that plan likely is full of holes, I just thought of it on the fly, but it's a possibility.

• Upvote 1

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

I'd like to see this happen, but I don't think it's very likely. The most likely time for it to have happened was 5 years ago. The translation is the best we've got, and it's really quite well-done. It's a shame The Crossing was released the way it was, but stuff like this happens and its truly a testament to the dedication of the fans whom took it upon themselves to deliver the content to the rest of us.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg