• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bionicle: The Ultimate Storyline Reading Order (2001-2010) (2015 Updat

Storyline Lore 2001-2010 Reading Order

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline joev14

joev14
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 23-August 10
  • 572 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2015 - 09:27 PM

ultimate_storyline_reading_order_photo.j

And we're back!

Welcome, Bionicle fans, both new and old, to the Ultimate Bionicle Storyline Reading Order for Years 2001-2010. Now first, to clarify something; this is literally every piece of relevant Bionicle Lore you will ever find. Anything that shows up here is relevant, so if you’re just looking to get the core story, and are too lazy to actually read everything, this is not the place for you. The goal of this list is to literally create the most immersive and knowledge-filled experience possible, and if you follow it, you will officially be a Bionicle Storyline Expert.

Right off the bat, there are two different lists here. The first, which I call the “Spoiler-Free Order” is a list that takes certain events out of chronological order to avoid spoilers. This list is ideal for new fans who haven’t read hardly any of the storyline. Those of you who know the story well may be looking at it and saying, “Wait a second, doesn’t that come way earlier in the story?” You’re probably right. For example, the short story Decadence, takes place at the very beginning of the story, however, it features major spoilers for people who haven’t yet read anything else. For this reason, I have intentionally taken certain items on the list and moved them to later parts in order to avoid spoiling plot details. There is minimal splitting in this version.

The second list, which I will call the “Chronological Order,” places everything closest to the order in which they take place. In many cases, items on the list are chopped up because certain items are literally taking place at the same time, like MNOG and Tale of the Toa. This list is perfect for returning fans who already know the spoilers, but are looking to get a review of the series and want to see events in which they occur.

Here is a key to help you determine what certain items are on the lists.

C = Chronicles (Series 1)
A = Adventures (Series 2)
L = Legends (Series 3)
B = Bara Magna Saga (Series 4)

Games and Animations are Underlined
Shorts, Serials, and Podcast Serials are Italicized
Split Items are in Bold

May I state, and this is very important. I did not mark these items because they are unimportant. Any experienced Bionicle fan will tell you that the Games, Animations, and Serials are absolutely crucial to understanding the Bionicle storyline entirely. If you leave these items out, you will be left very confused at many points.

If you’re looking for a resource for all these items, you can find these books on amazon; each book is typically $4. Also, I am currently directing a project, known as the Bionicle: Audio-Narration-Project, that aims to create audiobooks of all the Bionicle books. You can find it here! For games, animations, shorts, and serials, I recommend using Biomediaproject (All these items are free on this website).

Please read everything above this point before clicking on these! I promise, it's important!

Now that I’ve got that out of the way, you may move on to the lists. If you are new to the Bionicle Storyline, choose the Spoiler-Free Order. If you are a returning fan who has read at least 95% of the items on this list, you can choose the Chronological Order.

Spoiler-Free Order (New Fans!)

Spoiler

Chronological Order (Fans who've already read the Series!)

Spoiler

Edited by joev14, Dec 11 2015 - 09:00 AM.

My Revamp MOCs (flickr) (Brickshelf)

My Short Stories

The Last Memories | Birth of the Kal | Key of the Codrex
Web of Karzahni The Depths Below | Monster

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg.usro_photo.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create audiobook versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here for the chapters that've already been released!
Bionicle: USRO, is a list designed for immersing both new and old fans of Bionicle in the various pieces of lore. Whether you're a new fan wondering how to get started, or an old fan who's looking to review the series in chronological order, you'll want to check this out!

#2 Offline Nidhiki of the Shadows

Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mistika of the Swamp

• 04-June 04
  • 19,770 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 05 2015 - 11:42 PM

This seems about right. 

Personally, I'd never read the story in chronological order. In hindsight, the fun of such a large scale story was seeing how much was planned and foreshadowed from the start. And of course, the prequels designated to fill the gaps were much more effective read in release order. That's just the way I feel about anything with a story that jumps around time though.

Thanks for re-doing this, hopefully it will help out new fans. :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

#3 Offline joev14

joev14
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 23-August 10
  • 572 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2015 - 12:18 AM

This seems about right. 

Personally, I'd never read the story in chronological order. In hindsight, the fun of such a large scale story was seeing how much was planned and foreshadowed from the start. And of course, the prequels designated to fill the gaps were much more effective read in release order. That's just the way I feel about anything with a story that jumps around time though.

Thanks for re-doing this, hopefully it will help out new fans. :)

-NotS

No problem! I'm hoping people will comment and keep this topic alive!

My Short Stories

Bionicle: ANP aims to create audiobook versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here for the chapters that've already been released!
Bionicle: USRO, is a list designed for immersing both new and old fans of Bionicle in the various pieces of lore. Whether you're a new fan wondering how to get started, or an old fan who's looking to review the series in chronological order, you'll want to check this out!

#4 Offline Toasty_One

Toasty_One
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 03-November 15
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 03 2015 - 05:27 PM

This is really cool, man.

I've been ordering in the books I missed over the years, mainly the "Adventures" series, and this is quite helpful in sorting out where to put what, with the comics and such. And also since I've been printing out the online story's and the like too.

Edited by Toasty_One, Nov 03 2015 - 05:29 PM.

Kenji_sigs.png

#5 Offline joev14

joev14
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 23-August 10
  • 572 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 30 2015 - 01:32 AM

This is really cool, man.

I've been ordering in the books I missed over the years, mainly the "Adventures" series, and this is quite helpful in sorting out where to put what, with the comics and such. And also since I've been printing out the online story's and the like too.

Glad to hear I could be of help! :D

My Short Stories

#6 Offline Zestanor

Zestanor
  • Members
  • Toa

• 16-August 08
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2015 - 01:29 AM

I did something like this a few years ago, but it's more meticulous. About a year after I finished, I proofread through my chronology up through 2006. (Of course, 2006 is the last year before serials and all that). So if there's interest, read through this and tear it to shreds! :P  I'd love to think my work meant something to someone.

http://www.bzpower.c...ic/#entry221081

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

#7 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 22-October 11
  • 1,544 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2015 - 10:14 AM

I did something like this a few years ago, but it's more meticulous. About a year after I finished, I proofread through my chronology up through 2006. (Of course, 2006 is the last year before serials and all that). So if there's interest, read through this and tear it to shreds! :P  I'd love to think my work meant something to someone.

http://www.bzpower.c...ic/#entry221081

It absolutely did: I've had your list bookmarked for years. :)

#8 Offline Erasmus Graves

Erasmus Graves
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 15-October 15
  • 359 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 10 2015 - 09:35 PM

This is some good stuff.

Just a question: doesn't Riddle of the Great Beings happen before Raid on Vulcanus? After all, RotGB ends on *SPOILERS* Tarduk, Crotesius and Kirbold waking in the ruins of Atero, shortly after the destruction of the neutral city, and Raid on Vulcanus takes place a number of months (perhaps even a year or two) after the assault on Atero.

Tarduk, Crotesius and Kirbold left about a month before the Great Tournament, and returned a few days after the attack.

Of course, I might be reading the Reading Order wrong

Still, it's just a question. 

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

#9 Offline Zestanor

Zestanor
  • Members
  • Toa

• 16-August 08
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 11 2015 - 12:57 AM

Yes, that sounds correct. Then, the next thing after the book is the movie. Actually in between the book and the movie is "All Our Sins Remembered," which is Raanu's moment of flashback that leads directly into the movie.

It's been a long while since I've looked into the Bionicle story, but when I put together my list, I was often very surprised at how all the serials and comics and movies fit together seemlessly. Well, mostly after 2005, once Greg was in charge of authoring everything. For 2001 to 2005, there wasn't that great of an effort to make everything fit.

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users