BIONICLE HITMAN X: REBIRTH

Voltex

A sort-of reboot for the Bionicle Hitman series, made in conjunction with Luroka. I'll be hosting this brief, smaller game, and then he shall host Bionicle Hitman X2 soon after.

5AKe04n.png

The Order of Mata-Nui has historically never allowed Toa into its ranks, but today, that is going to change. Helryx has recently decided that having a Toa team operating within the Order’s ranks would be extremely useful, and so she has called for said team to be assembled. Alongside an existing agent by the name of Krakua, they have already hired four other Toa.

This is where you come in. In all of the testing so far, you have all, despite all odds, managed to score evenly with each other. So Helryx has organized a competition to see which of you is truly the best of the best; whoever is the last one standing will get to join the Order, and the rest of you… well, you’ll be a little too dead to care.

Let the competition begin!

HOW TO PLAY

In this game, you are attempting to assassinate other players. You will do this by PMing me with both the name of the player you are targeting and the weapon that you will use to do it. You have six weapons at your disposal: a Knife, Poison, Elemental Powers, an Explosive, Mask Powers, or a Zamor Launcher.

You are not guaranteed a kill; different assassins will have different resistances and weaknesses against different weapons. When you sign up for the game, you will also PM me a list of all the weapons and corresponding numerical values, like this:

Knife: 1

Poison: 2

Elemental: 3

Explosive: 4

Mask: 5

Zamor: 6

This is your “profile”. It tells me which weapons you are weak against and which weapons you are strong against. The lower the number, the weaker you are to that specific form of attack. For example: with the profile above, if someone targeted you with a Zamor, I would roll a die. If I rolled a number lower than 6, you would survive. If you were targeted by an Elemental attack and I rolled a number lower than 3, you would survive. If someone targeted you with a Knife, you would die instantly as there is no number on a die lower than 1.

Rounds take place over 24-hour intervals. If you fail to send me a target and weapon of choice, you will take no action that round.

What happens when multiple people attack the same target?

I will calculate the assassination attempts chronologically. The first person to PM me that target's name will receive 'first dibs' on the assassination attempt. If he fails, the next person will get a shot, and so on.

What happens if the last two/three/etc. people all kill each other?

There can only be one survivor, so if the last few assassins all kill each other I will reroll.

SIGNING UP FOR THE GAME

What do I need in order to play?

To sign up, just post saying so here in this topic (I recommend that you also follow the topic to make sure you’re up to date with each round). You’ll then immediately PM me with the following list of weapons with corresponding numerical values 1-6. You choose which weapons you are resistant to and vulnerable to.

Knife:

Poison:

Elemental:

Explosive:

Mask:

Zamor:

CONTESTANTS

These are your fellow Toa. Those eliminated will be highlighted in blue. Signups will remain open for 24 hours unless all slots are filled before then.

I will only be opening a maximum of ten slots; but even then, the moment I see these seven slots filled, I'll be closing signups - so you'd better be fast. I plan to end this game by Friday if possible.

1. Ghidora

2. Luroka

3. Arnold

4. fishers64

5. Shadow Ignited

6. Voxumo

7. FF

RULES

What must I do and not do?

1. No changing targets. I will accept the first PM you send me, and will ignore any others you send in an attempt to switch your target.

2. No complaining about outcomes. I am not biased; I am genuinely just rolling a die. This game is a little bit of strategy with a whole lot of luck.

3. Have fun!

Edited by Lucina

Only one hour? Not everyone's online all of the time, you know.

Still, I suppose I deserve it for putting off the game I was meant to be hosting.

Edited by Neo ShadowVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

I did say signups would close the minute I had seven players.

I want this game to be rather quick, so there can't be any waiting around.

ROUND ONE

The first Toa to make their move was Voxumo. Gathering the other six Toa together, he offered fine wine to each of them, declaring a toast to the competition and rambling on about the best man winning. Makuta Luroka, ever the wary one, made sure to carefully sniff his glass before foolishly downing it like the others. Thus, he was able to detect the poison lacing his drink and toss it away, avoiding harm.

Realizing that the competition had already begun, some of the Toa attempted to scatter. Luroka pulled out a deadly-looking sword that was clearly not a knife and charged towards Voxumo, hoping to catch the Toa of Plantlife before he could flee; unfortunately he was too late, as Ghidora fired a Cordak explosive that blew Voxumo to pieces before he could get there.

Luroka was blown across the room by the explosion. As he sat upon the floor, dazed, he watched as the Toa known as Arnold used his elemental power of iron to crush Ghidora into a tiny tin ball. This caused Shadow Ignited’s own elemental attack aimed at Ghidora to fail, and she fell to the floor, pounding it with her fist in fury. Her change in posture inadvertently caused FF to miss her entirely with his own set of explosives; the three of them immediately fled the room, scattering in different directions.

Left alone with the remains of Voxumo and Ghidora, Luroka thought at first that he was in the clear – until he noticed the blinking red lights scattered across the entire room. He glanced around and caught fishers as she finished laying down the final explosive landmine; she shrugged at him apologetically before exiting the room.

Five seconds later, the entire room – and Luroka along with it – had been destroyed.

END ROUND ONE

Voxumo, Ghidora, & Luroka are dead.

Arnold, fishers64, Shadow Ignited, and FF are all still alive. I need your new targets & weapon choices within the next 24 hours.

• Upvote 3

Oh darn, I'm dead. And here I thought my change in tactics would be beneficial, but alas it wasn't. Though it's funny really, I targeted Luroka, he targeted me, neither of us succeeded with our intended kills. 

*Heads towards his whiteboard, looking over a list of names. Grabbing the Eraser he wipes away Chro's name at the very top, replacing it with luroka*

Congrats chro, if you happen to be reading this, you aren't public enemy #1 anymore.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

ROUND TWO

Arnold knew that there was no time to waste – as such, he decided to use his Kanohi Mask, the Mask of Speed, to kill his target. Alas, he was (somewhat paradoxically) late; he arrived in time to witness fishers firing a zamor sphere into Shadow Ignited’s chest. The sphere immediately cancelled out Shadow Ignited’s intended explosive attempt on FF’s life as she was instead forced to slice her own throat open due to the power of the orb.

Satisfied with her work, fishers turned to go – and, through exceptional reflexes and sheer luck, managed to dodge the knife that FF threw at her. Before either Arnold or FF could gain the upper hand, fishers fled the scene.

End Round 2.

Shadow Ignited is dead.

Fishers64, Arnold, and FF still live. You have 24 hours to send me your targets & weapon choices.

ROUND THREE

The three remaining Toa sat down for tea.

Fishers, Toa of Ice.

FF, Toa of Ice.

Arnold, Toa of Iron.

The small gathering had been organized by fishers, with the explanation that mindlessly killing each other was not working. She had questioned whether murdering each other just to earn a position in a secret society was really worth it, and once she had, the other two began to question it as well. So they arrived at the expected time at the expected place, and they sat down for tea.

Arnold wasted no time in subtly kicking a motion sensor bomb under the chair of fishers. Fishers, however, was ready for it; a small burst of ice froze the bomb, breaking it but not exploding it.

“Please,” she said, sounding insulted. “I intended for this gathering to be civilized.”

Arnold grumbled something under his breath, but took a sip of his tea nonetheless. FF and fishers both followed suit, and all three were silent for a long moment as they contemplated their current situation.

Said thoughts were interrupted when Arnold began to choke. His hands began to shake, so violently that he lost his grip on his glass and it fell to floor, shattering and spilling tea everywhere. He reached up to his throat as his mouth began to foam, staring at fishers and FF with wide eyes. FF glanced between the other two Toa, seeming confused; it was then that fishers took mercy on them and spoke again.

“You are poisoned,” she explained, gesturing to Arnold. “I knew that neither of you could resist the perfect opportunity to kill me. The glass you drank from was intended for me; FF hoped that I would not notice the poison in my glass.”

Arnold shuddered, eyes rolling back as his head fell back and his body slumped in his chair.

“Well, that was certainly something,” fishers said, standing to her feet and turning to the other Toa of Ice. “I do wish you the best of luck, FF.”

And then she was gone.

End Round 3.

Arnold is dead.

Fishers64 and FF are still alive. You have 24 hours to send me your targets & weapon choices.

THE FINALE

Fishers stood in the center of her private quarters, staring at her arsenal of weapons – a large Knife, a needle loaded with Poison, a single explosive Cordak round, her Mask of Flight, a Zamor launcher, and of course, her elemental powers.

She grabbed everything. Once she was ready, she grabbed her Knife and took a deep breath, nodding to herself.

It was time to finish this.

---

FF slowly took inventory of his weapons. Aside from his Mask of Speed and elemental powers, he also had in his possession a dagger, a poisonous dart gun, his Zamor launcher, and an explosive Thornax round.

Mentally psyching himself up, he grabbed everything. With his Zamor launcher in his arms, he turned to go.

It did not matter that fishers had only seen success while he had only seen failure.

He would finish it.

---

They met outside, on the beach. The waves washed across the shore, and dark cloud rolled in the sky. Lightning spiked down violently upon the horizon as thunder crashed, and the rain began to fall.

“How cliché can you get?” fishers asked aloud, mostly to herself.

“WHAT?!” FF yelled. “I can’t hear you!”

“I wasn’t talking to you!” she shouted back.

“What?”

Fishers rolled her eyes, refusing to continue screaming mindlessly. Cliché or not, the final battle had come. It was time to see which of them would join the Order of Mata-Nui.

As lightning spiked down only a few hundred meters away, illuminating the area in a flash, fishers sprinted forward, raising her knife. FF loaded his Zamor launcher as quickly as he could, cursing the loading time as well as the fact that he could only have one shot ready at a time. As the sphere finally clicked into place he raised it, spinning in place as he tried to make out fishers in the rain.

“Ha!”

He whirled around, aiming the launcher into the air as a flash of light illuminated fishers, Knife at the ready as she flew through the air towards him. He fired and the sphere flew straight into her chest; however, her momentum carried her right into FF, and her knife was driven down into his left shoulder.

“Augh!”

He collapsed onto the sand, fishers landing on top of him. The other Toa of Ice quickly rolled off, hands pressing against her head as she shakily stood to her feet, stumbling several feet away and falling back to her knees as she tried to fight the sphere’s effects.

Cursing at the pain flaring from his shoulder, FF yanked the knife out and tossed it aside, clutching at the wound as he slowly stood to his feet. He watched as fishers fumbled with her own Zamor launcher, loading it and firing a sphere straight into her own chest. His mind starting to dull from the pain, FF did not realize what she was doing until she had the second sphere loaded, aimed right at him. Anticipating the attack he pre-emptively dove to the side, rolling back to his feet and activating his Mask of Speed.

“Too fast!” fishers called, smirking.

FF ignored her, running faster than usually possible towards her – only to be forced to dive to the side as she fired her Zamor sphere at him. He drilled into the ground before bouncing away, tumbling across the shoreline as he was painfully brought to a halt. Groaning, every inch of him in pain, FF slowly stood to his feet, fumbling for the dagger at his waist. Focused entirely on his dagger as he finally managed to wrap his hand around it, FF did not notice the ice spike flying towards him until it drilled into his stomach. He collapsed to the sand, hunching and clutching at the new wound with his free hand as fishers stepped up beside him, chuckling.

“I win,” she said.

“No,” FF muttered. “No you don’t!”

Summoning all of his strength, he drove his dagger into her ankle; fishers cried out in both shock and pain as her leg gave out beneath her. She landed heavily on her hands and knees, allowing FF to roll away and load up his dart gun. He did his best to aim it at her with a tremoring hand and opened fire; fishers instinctively reacted, taking to the skies with her Mask of Flight. One dart managed to hit its mark and she immediately fell back to earth, her cordak round landing next to FF.

“Oh, sh-”

Lightning struck the cordak and it exploded, blasting FF back and blowing half of his armor off. He landed with a painful thud on the sand several hundred meters away, only for fishers to painfully finish her descent mere feet away from him. Running out of time and energy, FF sent a blast of ice at her; it wrapped around fishers’ throat and his opponent began to choke, grasping at the ice with weak hands. FF grabbed his Thornax round and stumbled over, driving it down at fishers. She flinched out of the way and he struck the ground instead; the blast sent him flying back into the shallow water and fishers followed, landing next to him with a splash, a third of her armor blown off. He shoved her away as she blindly struck at him but was too weak to resist as she jammed a needle into his thigh, injecting poison directly into the limb.

Nonononono

FF pushed her away, stumbling back to the shore as white spots began to flash in his vision and his limbs began to go numb. He briefly glanced back at fishers to see her doing the same; he watched as she managed to rip the ice off of her throat, scraping it open on the left side. Blood began to pour down her chest as she glanced back at him.

Both Toa looked at the weapons closest to them – fishers her knife, FF his Zamor launcher.

A split second of hesitation, and then both Toa raced for them. Both tripped and fell to their hands and knees, crawling over to their weapons. Fishers yanked her knife out of the sand and unsteadily stood to her feet, clutching her bleeding neck with one hand and her knife with the other as she slowly stumbled towards him.

FF tried to load his Zamor launcher with his final round, but his shaking hands proved to be an obstacle as he lost all feeling. He finally managed to load the sphere inside as everything became numb; he twisted to face fishers, aimed high, pressed the trigger –

-only for the launcher to click fruitlessly, having been damaged in the battle. Wounded and dying already, FF no longer had the focus necessary to escape fishers as she dove at him and drove her knife into his head right above the eyes.

---

Chest heaving, fishers pushed the corpse away before falling to her knees.

She had done it.

A beam of light shone down on her as she collapsed onto her side, eyes closing as she passed out.

She had won.

The Order would fix her, and then she would join the team.

End Final Round.

FF is dead.

Fishers WINS!!

BIONICLE HITMAN X2: AFTERBIRTH will be released by Luroka soon.

• Upvote 1

That was kind of fun. I'm actually not sure how I survived to the final round but oh well :P. It was a "valiant" last stand right at the end there, I guess :P.

Good game, fishers and everyone else. Good game. See you people next time.

Edited by FF the Forgotten

pWPTu7m.jpg

Given the tiny window this game had, can I sign up for the next one in advancw?

That would be entirely up to Luroka.

I intentionally kept the player count & sign up window very small for this game because I wanted to finish it in less than a week.