LEGO Nexo Knights Teaser Site and Press Release

A new LEGO Nexo Knights teaser site has been added to LEGO.com, featuring posters and videos highlighting the theme's five main characters Clay Moorington, Lance Richmond, Macy Halbert, Aaron Fox, and Axl. Additionally, PR Newswire has a press release about LEGO Nexo Knights that discusses its story, sets, and some of the ways LEGO plans to promote it. Follow the links above to check out the new videos and read what this theme is all about!

View the full article

Hate to be cynical, but...

I'm not particularly enthused about this. I don't really like blending traditional/ancient things with futuristic stuff. (One major reason I didn't like Ninjago.)

There's nothing cynical about admitting you don't like something! Everybody's tastes are different. I don't report news like this expecting it to be exciting or interesting for everybody, just to call it to people's attention and then let them make up their minds about it from there.

I'm pretty excited about this theme myself, possibly more excited than I should be since I'm already collecting Ninjago, Bionicle, and Elves — I don't really need another expensive theme to add to my wish list! :dazed: It might end up just being another theme like Legends of Chima where I only collect a handful of sets on the side, particularly when I see them discounted.

I will say, though, that LEGO would probably love this to be a hit on the same level as Ninjago!

• Upvote 5

Fairly interesting. Still, I'm kind of disappointed in the direction they took in the "future fantasy". I was hoping for something more like Warhammer 40,000, where it's science fiction, but constrained in fantasy. I.e. Space Marines are Space Monk Knights with Guns. This is just fantasy, with the barest hint of science fiction (drivable castle?). 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I don't see what the beef is with past/future mashups like this. I've gotta give them props for trying. To me, this is like if people in medieval times kept advancing to the point where they have this technology, but just couldn't ever bring themselves to give up the fashion, trappings and architecture of the time. In other words, the tech changed, but the culture stayed exactly the same. What's wrong with that? Is it really such a silly idea?

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I don't see what the beef is with past/future mashups like this. I've gotta give them props for trying. To me, this is like if people in medieval times kept advancing to the point where they have this technology, but just couldn't ever bring themselves to give up the fashion, trappings and architecture of the time. In other words, the tech changed, but the culture stayed exactly the same. What's wrong with that? Is it really such a silly idea?

of course there's somthing wrong with it, but Lego isn't going to go into the details like witch-burnings, class prejudice, and the black plague. :b

• Upvote 2

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

of course there's somthing wrong with it, but Lego isn't going to go into the details like witch-burnings, class prejudice, and the black plague. :b

I got the impression that none of those things exist in this universe. They seem to be ditching the BAD stuff about Medieval times - witch burnings, aristocrats, disease, lack of flush toilets - and keeping the good things like swords, bludgeons, shields, castles, catapults, and possibly some sense of honor.

It's basically just Ninjago with a castle aesthetic instead of a ninja aesthetic. No culture was really borrowed, just the design aesthetic. 

And Bionicle is a good-old past/future blend too, if more subtle about it than this theme. I don't think saying past/future blend discrimination is automatically bad is a valid point, because Lego has pulled it off successfully before twice. 

• Upvote 1

I got the impression that none of those things exist in this universe. They seem to be ditching the BAD stuff about Medieval times - witch burnings, aristocrats, disease, lack of flush toilets - and keeping the good things like swords, bludgeons, shields, castles, catapults, and possibly some sense of honor.

It's basically just Ninjago with a castle aesthetic instead of a ninja aesthetic. No culture was really borrowed, just the design aesthetic. 

And Bionicle is a good-old past/future blend too, if more subtle about it than this theme. I don't think saying past/future blend discrimination is automatically bad is a valid point, because Lego has pulled it off successfully before twice. 

Yeah. Playing MNOG nowadays, knowing what I didn't know back then, it really feels tragic seeing how advanced the Matoran used to be, with their airships and ivory towers, and then in the game, they've regressed to basically being tribesmen or even... cavemen, their old culture completely dead and forgotten at the time.

• Upvote 1

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I think some people might be over examining this. 

Don't worry about why they are using past-tech warfare methods with futuristic motifs. If I was a kid I'd be totally into this because it combines my two favorite things, knights and lasers. Lego isn't trying to make something realistic because it's trying to produce something that will sell well to children, not analytic adults. 

• Upvote 5

bZpOwEr

Don't worry about why they are using past-tech warfare methods with futuristic motifs. If I was a kid I'd be totally into this because it combines my two favorite things, knights and lasers. Lego isn't trying to make something realistic because it's trying to produce something that will sell well to children, not analytic adults. 

Exactly. No one calls Star Wars a weird blend because they use swords as well as guns. Heck, the Mandalorians sometimes use REGULAR sqords. I will be buying quite a few of these, it looks like a lot of fun.

Oddly, I like this but not Ninjago. I suppose it's because Nexo Knights is establishing itself as this, while Ninjago started more primitive and then did a 180.

By that logic, they should make a theme combining spaceships and dinosaurs.

Honestly, if done right, that would be pretty cool.

• Upvote 5

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Next big bang theme: Star-Saurs - dinos from mars.

• Upvote 4

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Next big bang theme: Star-Saurs - dinos from mars.

Dino 2020! This time they're in SPACE!

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

The theme itself seems fun. Fantasy and Science Fiction are two different things but can be blended well, if done properly. I'm excited for the sets and all the crazy ideas LEGO can use in this theme. That said, the TV show trailer doesn't impress me. It seems like it's going to be another goofy LEGO show, filled with cliches and unfunny jokes. I'll give the first few episodes a shot and see.

Of course they wouldn't. Doctor Who already beat LEGO to the punch.

Dinosaurs_on_a_Spaceship.jpg

• Upvote 3

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

(I totally want dinosaurs in space, we need that to trend among kids.)

Anyway, the idea of futuristic knights sounds kind of silly, but if it's going to be another theme destined to be as successful as Ninjago, then we'll have to wait for the sets to be released. 

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I have to say, I'm kinda digging the aesthetic here. The sets give off an early 2000's Lego feel, especially with more orange transparent weapons.

That trailer though....

Are they trying to look stupid, or is that actually a proper representation of the series? Let's see what they have to say about this...

digital enhancements that merge what today's kids love: self-expression, strong characters, deep content-driven story and digital gaming.

Yeah, okay, either that trailer is screwing with us, or they have severely overestimated their capabilities.

Edited by Kung Fu Hiatus

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

The teaser trailers for each of the characters were fun to watch. I got a 'Jack and the Beanstalk' vibe from Axl's video and an 'Excalibur' vibe from Clay's video.

But my favorite would probably be Lance's, but only because of the title of its video. 'Smile while you Fight.' I don't know why, but it, well, puts a smile on my face just thinking about that line. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The teaser trailers for each of the characters were fun to watch. I got a 'Jack and the Beanstalk' vibe from Axl's video and an 'Excalibur' vibe from Clay's video.

But my favorite would probably be Lance's, but only because of the title of its video. 'Smile while you Fight.' I don't know why, but it, well, puts a smile on my face just thinking about that line. :P

See, that's the kind of character-driven gem I can get behind.

The theme itself seems fun. Fantasy and Science Fiction are two different things but can be blended well, if done properly. I'm excited for the sets and all the crazy ideas LEGO can use in this theme. That said, the TV show trailer doesn't impress me. It seems like it's going to be another goofy LEGO show, filled with cliches and unfunny jokes. I'll give the first few episodes a shot and see.

Of course they wouldn't. Doctor Who already beat LEGO to the punch.

Dinosaurs_on_a_Spaceship.jpg

Yeah, but maybe LEGO could actually make their dinosaurs look like dinosaurs.