Serra Angel

Serra Angel

5uTBwHo.png

Follow the light. In its absence, follow her.

The deeplink links to a gallery with extra views.

For those of you that don't know, the Serra Angel is a staple card from Magic: the Gathering. Having been first printed in 1993 in Alpha, MTG's first set, the Serra Angel has actually been reprinted in most core sets since then, with her most recent appearance being in Magic Origins, released in July this year. This MOC is based specifically off of the Ninth Edition art.

Before anyone asks, by the way, this was built in LDD and rendered using POV-Ray.

Comments and criticism welcome!

Edited by Chandra Nalaar
  • Upvote 5

VBWj75sh.png

Ah, good ol' MTG. I really like this MOC, as it reminds me of one of my first cards (the 9th edition specifically).

Nostalgia aside, this is a mighty-fine MOC. I do like the weaponry (one of my pet peeves is when someone makes weapons), and the body is rather filled in, with a lot of good pieces. 

As far as gripes, I wish the color scheme could be more... comprehensive, and the wings could have been executed a bit more aesthetically pleasing.

All in all, though, great MOC. Keep doing what you're doing!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

In all seriousness, it looks fantastic, the wings especially.

Thanks! The wings were actually inspired by Mohamed Marei's Knight from his LDD Chess collab.

Nostalgia aside, this is a mighty-fine MOC. I do like the weaponry (one of my pet peeves is when someone makes ###### weapons), and the body is rather filled in, with a lot of good pieces. 

As far as gripes, I wish the color scheme could be more... comprehensive, and the wings could have been executed a bit more aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks! As for the colour scheme, I have two things to say. 

Firstly, the card has a lot of detailing all around the torso. Since there's no printing available in LDD for the particular torso piece I used, I had to leave the two torso pieces as they are.

Secondly, the actual shade of colour- in the LXF file, it's a lot paler and less green; I used one of the old, retired colours, Pastel Blue, which POV-Ray rendered weirdly.

Great MOC! I love that sword, and the shield is rather impressive. Do you have any pictures of their assembly as well as the arm assembly?

No, I don't; I'll probably just upload the LXF file in a bit, though; easier than having to set a few more renders going.

VBWj75sh.png