Need help naming my new character...

Maxiboy136

Hello everyone!

I'm in the process of creating a new character for the traditional BIONICLE story. He's a heavily armed lone warrior who has made it his personal mission to wipe out the Dark Hunters all by himself (for reasons I haven't quite thought of yet). But my biggest problem in coming up with this character is a name. I don't want to give him a proper name, rather a code name instead. Things like:

* Dark Hunter Killer

* Dark Predator

* Dark Nightmare

* Dark Vengeance

* Dark Killer

And you get the idea of that. I need help in coming up with a name. Can you help me?

I'd show you the rendered images of him, but I can't upload it directly to this post.

I need something that goes with the fact that he is not a good or nice character, hence something like Dark Vengeance or Dark Predator. Dark Scythe sounds good though. Dark Reaper, maybe? He doesn't actually have a scythe though, although he does have swords, daggers, a multi-bladed staff and a large bladed crossbow-type thing.

Edited by Maxiboy136

All of these names still look like Dark Hunter code-names, which you said you did not want to use. If you need help in creating a character name, best course is, after identifying parts of your characters personality: look up words in both Matoran (which can be found here on BZPower) and Maori, and try to gracefully combine the two. I find that that works best for MU inhabitants (except the Makuta race, who mostly used stylized puns).

I have some naming conventions for Spherus Magna races too, so if you or anyone else ever needs that just ask.

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

All of these names still look like Dark Hunter code-names, which you said you did not want to use. If you need help in creating a character name, best course is, after identifying parts of your characters personality: look up words in both Matoran (which can be found here on BZPower) and Maori, and try to gracefully combine the two. I find that that works best for MU inhabitants (except the Makuta race, who mostly used stylized puns).

I have some naming conventions for Spherus Magna races too, so if you or anyone else ever needs that just ask.

No, I said the opposite was what I wanted to do. I said I didn't want to use a proper name in favour of a menacing and mysterious code name.

• Upvote 1

No, I said the opposite was what I wanted to do. I said I didn't want to use a proper name in favour of a menacing and mysterious code name.

Must have misread it, sorry. :lol:

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

"End"

"Apocalypse"

"Searer" (as opposed to the Shadowed One)

"Wrath"

"Depletion"

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I don't know, if I'm to be perfectly honest I find the addition of "Dark" in front of any name pretty tacky except for say Dark Beast because well yeah. I mean, nobody would put that before their name unless they were nuts or egomaniacal enough to think it sounded okay like dark beast.

(Hope that didn't come across as too harsh)

In any case, here's my input:

1. Nimrod. It doesn't really mean " idiot"  (apparently an American usage of the word?) but actually "hunter".
  2. Venator. Archaic word for a hunter.
  3. Nemesis. The Greek revenge goddess. (admittedly a little weak for a name)
  4. Fury. Like the avenging spirits in Greek myth and a Samuel. L. Jackson character
  5. Huntsman (again kinda weak but, well...)
  6. Apollyon (a destroying angel in the bible)
  7. Barbatos (a demon - I think he's a duke of Hades.)

Hope those helped. Also, I feel Wraith is a strong enough name on its own, but that's up to you.

Edited by The Editor
  • Upvote 1

wake_up_sheeple.png

I don't know, if I'm to be perfectly honest I find the addition of "Dark" in front of any name pretty tacky except for say Dark Beast because well yeah. I mean, nobody would put that before their name unless they were nuts or egomaniacal enough to think it sounded okay like dark beast.

(Hope that didn't come across as too harsh)

In any case, here's my input:

1. Nimrod. It doesn't really mean " idiot"  (apparently an American usage of the word?) but actually "hunter".
  2. Venator. Archaic word for a hunter.
  3. Nemesis. The Greek revenge goddess. (admittedly a little weak for a name)
  4. Fury. Like the avenging spirits in Greek myth and a Samuel. L. Jackson character
  5. Huntsman (again kinda weak but, well...)
  6. Apollyon (a destroying angel in the bible)
  7. Barbatos (a demon - I think he's a duke of Hades.)

Hope those helped. Also, I feel Wraith is a strong enough name on its own, but that's up to you.

Nimrod isn't commonly used in America, but when it is, it is used as a synonym of idiot.

I had the idea of calling him "Dark-" whatever because the character is essentially an anti-Dark Hunter in that he has set out to destroy them. I like the sound of "Dark Nemesis" or "Dark Venator".

Well, I kind of get that, but the Dark Hunters have "Dark" in their organisation name, and him having "Dark" before his own name is a little odd because it'd make it seem like he was with them. Kind of like how any phone or tablet or device with the letter "i" or word "Apple" in front of it definitely isn't from Microsoft.

wake_up_sheeple.png

The Sinner

A former Toa who was tasked with the capture and imprisonment of Dark Hunter members.

After brutally murdering someone he thought was a Dark Hunter, (Who in fact turned out to be an innocent bystander that was caught in a fight with a real Dark Hunter) he was stripped of his title, name, and power, by forces unknown.

Not truly caring to redeem himself, he seeks vengeance on the Dark Hunters by any means necessary.

He wishes to believe that the Dark Hunters caused his fate, and that they purposely made him believe the citizen was an agent. But deep down, he knows the truth.  Deep down, he knows it was his own foolishness that led him to break his oath as a Toa. But, rather than come to terms with himself, he buries it deep inside.

To be forgotten.

IMO, this seems like the perfect scenario for your character.

There's an explanation for the name, a reason for his hatred of the Dark Hunters, and a little inner turmoil.

Obviously, it's your story, and you can make it as you see fit, but this is just my suggestion.

67685335.jpg             

• 1 month later...

The Sinner

A former Toa who was tasked with the capture and imprisonment of Dark Hunter members.

After brutally murdering someone he thought was a Dark Hunter, (Who in fact turned out to be an innocent bystander that was caught in a fight with a real Dark Hunter) he was stripped of his title, name, and power, by forces unknown.

Not truly caring to redeem himself, he seeks vengeance on the Dark Hunters by any means necessary.

He wishes to believe that the Dark Hunters caused his fate, and that they purposely made him believe the citizen was an agent. But deep down, he knows the truth.  Deep down, he knows it was his own foolishness that led him to break his oath as a Toa. But, rather than come to terms with himself, he buries it deep inside.

To be forgotten.

IMO, this seems like the perfect scenario for your character.

There's an explanation for the name, a reason for his hatred of the Dark Hunters, and a little inner turmoil.

Obviously, it's your story, and you can make it as you see fit, but this is just my suggestion.

LOVE this backstory! I eventually named him Dark Venator though, but the story should fit just fine. It sounds like an end-of-series reveal type backstory though.

I also forgot to mention that he was mysteriously gifted the power to travel between universes. He doesn't just want to kill all the Dark Hunters in his own universe - he wants to wipe them from reality. It could be revealed that he had to make some sort of forbidden deal with a powerful dark figure in order to gain this power (like trade away a piece of his soul or something like that).