Schwerekraft-Gerat

If I had one suggestion, it would be to find a way to smooth out the chest area; the two white pieces have a much busier look than those used on the rest of the MOC. Still, it is a very minor critique, and if tweaking it would ruin the symmetrical build of that area, I wouldn't change a thing.

This image is particularly striking. What a lovely shape.

This MOC is fantastic. It's possibly one of the best I've seen. The only thing that's bothering me is the German name. Wouldn't "Apparat", "Maschine" or even "Automat" be a more appropriate word than "Gerät"? This seems more like an apparatus, machine, or automaton than a device to me.

Edited by Jacquestodian Vanson

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Thanks everyone!

If I had one suggestion, it would be to find a way to smooth out the chest area; the two white pieces have a much busier look than those used on the rest of the MOC. Still, it is a very minor critique, and if tweaking it would ruin the symmetrical build of that area, I wouldn't change a thing.

That did occur to me, in fact. But despite numerous attempts, I couldn't come up with anything smoother that preserved both nice symmetry and the ability of the neck axle to rotate (mostly) freely like I wanted. So unfortunately, despite their excessive detailing, they had to stay.

The only thing that's bothering me is the German name. Wouldn't "Apparat", "Maschine" or even "Automat" be a more appropriate word than "Gerät"? This seems more like an apparatus, machine, or automaton than a device to me.

Disclaimer: I do not speak German. My knowledge of the language is limited to what Google Translate can tell me. :P But it seemed like it fit here better than the traditional Maori, so I plugged in some relevant English terms (machine and automaton among them), and Gerät just struck me as sounding best. I didn't think to try apparatus - 'Schwerekraft-Apparat' sounds pretty good, though I'm personally not sure apparatus makes any more sense than device. :shrugs: The name is just a minor detail to me anyways - my foremost concern is the actual MOC.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Great MOC! The use of trans-pink (or purple-can't discern it for certain) gives it a really authentic look. Not quite sure of this particular head and its placement though. It looks like one of those masks that just needs to be used on something strictly humanoid. Other than that, pretty dang good overall.

Also, glad our collab was able to give you inspiration :D

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

The only thing that's bothering me is the German name. Wouldn't "Apparat", "Maschine" or even "Automat" be a more appropriate word than "Gerät"? This seems more like an apparatus, machine, or automaton than a device to me.

Disclaimer: I do not speak German. My knowledge of the language is limited to what Google Translate can tell me. :P But it seemed like it fit here better than the traditional Maori, so I plugged in some relevant English terms (machine and automaton among them), and Gerät just struck me as sounding best. I didn't think to try apparatus - 'Schwerekraft-Apparat' sounds pretty good, though I'm personally not sure apparatus makes any more sense than device. :shrugs: The name is just a minor detail to me anyways - my foremost concern is the actual MOC.

I mentioned "Apparat" because there is actually an existing German word that describes something similar to the MOC: Kilmaapparat. Kilma means climate and Apparat means apparatus, so a climate apparatus is an air conditioner. Both Kilma and Schwerekraft would be used as the noun being influenced by the apparatus. That is, a Klimaapparat changes the climate and a Schwerekraftapparat changes the gravity. I don't know, I guess I just liked the idea of a gravity conditioner.  :P

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Wow, this is an amazing MOC. During a Skype session, me and The~1st~Shadow took a look at this beauty, and oh my, it is beautiful.

It, like all of your other MOCs has a very unique shape and feel. We both really like the laser feel to be had from the chest and wheels. What's even more exciting is that you built this in LDD! Such a shame it couldn't be done IRL.

You're the top of the heap, Sergei. Keep up the good work.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Great MOC! The use of trans-pink (or purple-can't discern it for certain) gives it a really authentic look. Not quite sure of this particular head and its placement though. It looks like one of those masks that just needs to be used on something strictly humanoid. Other than that, pretty dang good overall.

Also, glad our collab was able to give you inspiration :D

:tohu:

Thanks! It's trans-pink, yeah. I did try several other masks, too, but didn't like them much better than the one I used - it just seems so suited to graceful flight, which would be pretty characteristic of the Schwerekraft-Gerat. Maybe it would work a little better with less of a hunch, I'm thinking? I might try a revamp with that in mind eventually.

I mentioned "Apparat" because there is actually an existing German word that describes something similar to the MOC: Kilmaapparat. Kilma means climate and Apparat means apparatus, so a climate apparatus is an air conditioner. Both Kilma and Schwerekraft would be used as the noun being influenced by the apparatus. That is, a Klimaapparat changes the climate and a Schwerekraftapparat changes the gravity. I don't know, I guess I just liked the idea of a gravity conditioner.  :P

That actually makes a lot of sense. Had I known that beforehand, I'd have seriously considered the option. Too late now, but thanks for the input anyways!

Wow, this is an amazing MOC. During a Skype session, me and The~1st~Shadow took a look at this beauty, and oh my, it is beautiful.

It, like all of your other MOCs has a very unique shape and feel. We both really like the laser feel to be had from the chest and wheels. What's even more exciting is that you built this in LDD! Such a shame it couldn't be done IRL.

You're the top of the heap, Sergei. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! Like I've expressed before though, I don't really mind that my LDD creations can't be made in real life - in fact, I almost strive for it!  :P The freedom to explore unrestricted colours and impractical connections are more than worth that small price for me.

• 1 month later...

This looks very anime-esque, and love how haunting it looks. I don't know if you've ever played Xenoblade Chronicles, but I think this moc somewhat resembles Metal Face from that game. Anyway, this is very impressive. Nice work!

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Thanks everyone! BZPower especially, for sharing this on the front page!

very interesting! looks like something you'd see in a Tron video game or movie! one question though; how did you get the Breez mask and the Ekimu armor pieces white? was it hand-painted or photoshop or...what?! 

This was done in LEGO Digital Designer - an online program used to create LEGO models.

I'm glad you approve! Aerixx is correct - this was made in LEGO Digital Designer. It's entirely virtual, so you can make pieces whatever colour you like. I've been really trying to take advantage of this, and thankfully, it seems to be working.

This looks very anime-esque, and love how haunting it looks. I don't know if you've ever played Xenoblade Chronicles, but I think this moc somewhat resembles Metal Face from that game. Anyway, this is very impressive. Nice work!

Thanks! I haven't really heard of Xenoblade Chronicles, actually, but looking it up, I think I can see some similarities. Interesting observation!

I didn't know trans-magenta even existed.  Well done.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )