The Legends of Taladi Nui

Akaku: Master of Flight

@ Irrie: Thanks, Updated ... For the future, content creators generally like more feedback then just a correction, it really puts someone down when they put hours of work into something, only to get a short response that doesn't actually even have any thoughts on the content itself ;)

Anyways, I'm working on the next three pages, should be out in a few days; if theres anyone on here that's still interested in the comic, I'd like to hear what you think! :)

--Akaku: Master of Flight

Edited by Akaku: Master of Flight
  • Upvote 1

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

@ Irrie: Thanks, Updated ... For the future, content creators generally like more feedback then just a correction, it really puts someone down when they put hours of work into something, only to get a short response that doesn't actually even have any thoughts on the content itself ;)

Oh I'm sorry dude, I didn't mean for it to come off that bluntly.  :(

But anyways, I think my favorite part is how you did the lighting. The way that the streaks from their jets stands out against the night sky without being too jarring looks rather nice. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Hey everyone! Thank you for all the comments! To make up for lost time, I've decided to post not one, not two, but THREE pages! This took basically four days of nonstop work, so I think in the future I'm going to go back to just doing one at a time :P

@Onaku/Megatron: Thank you! :D

@Dallior: Indeed! This time around I plan not to go more then a month without updating :P

@Irrie: It's alright, I had a feeling it wasn't intentional :) And thanks! I find it always takes a good bit of tweaking to make the glows of the trails and such look just right :P

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)

I'll make sure he sticks to that, guys. =P (Or try to, at least.)

Well, I would've given this to you earlier, but thanks to various things (*glares at wi-fi*), here it is now.

Page 10: The scene with Rivnak works a bit better this time around, partly because Ak's sword isn't comically oversized and partly because Ak looks legitimately angry about Rivnak being there. (Also your style has improved a lot, but I've said that many times before =P)

Page 11: For some weird reason, I'm finding the fact that background character fell out of her seat face-first really funny xD

Page 12: And now she's running away. (I don't blame her at all.) Also, Nemesis looks really sinister in that first panel. =P

-Inferna

• Upvote 2

Huh ... I would've thought doing three pages would spark three times as much discussion, turns out it somewhow did the opposite. BZP, I will never understand you :P

@Fern: Thanks love ^^ Yeah, im definitely happier with how things are turning out this time around :) And I thought you'd like that XD Nemesis is definitely up to no good, that's for sure :P

• 4 months later...

Heeey, my apologies for double-posting, but I just thought I'd ask and see if anyone was interested in me continuing this. Main reason why I stopped was because I figured there wasn't any interest, but if there is then ill start making more of these again ASAP :)

Thanks guys! Glad to hear your kind words and support :) There is at least a bit of a backstory of sorts, but so far at least I wouldn't say its required to understand what's going on, so I haven't gotten around to putting one up yet ^^;;

and in other news... Page 13 is UP! :D Second panel may just be my favorite expression I've ever given to Akaku yet, and over the years I have given him many :P

• Upvote 3

Am I glad I saw the blog entry and checked this out. (dunno how I managed to miss out on this when you first posted the topic D: ) Your art style! The character designs! The detailed backgrounds and spot-on perspective!

*ahem* In a slightly more eloquent way: I really love these. Story-wise I can't say much yet, but in terms of visuals, these are great! (I also really admire how well the rather scribbly linearts work out, especially in the earlier chapters.) I too can see the Transformers influence in some of the designs, but then again, I don't know much about Transformers so it's not really distracting. Love the spaceships.

And I love the expression of the green guy in the bottom panel on page 12. :D

So, keep it up! I'll definitely keep an eye on this! :)

• Upvote 3

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Hey guys, thanks for the comments! :) Next page should be up in a few days, for now I've been busy working on character refs to help with design consistency and such, and for use with character profiles on the main post eventually :P

@Taka: Thanks a bunch! Scribbly linearts in the earlier pages? Oh yeah, I see that now; it seems to be a love/hate thing, people either really like the sketchiness of my style, or they cant stand it; I've been trying to clean things up a bit more in recent pages, I guess ^^;

And yeah, my Transformers-drawing Hiatus from bionicle a few years back has definitely had more influence on me then I thought; I just had a revelation the other day where I realized Rivnak's design is actually quite similar to a Transformers OC I have, named Rapid-Fire :P

One of my favorite things to do is to sneak little funny expressions in like that! :D

Thanks again!

@Ghidora: Thanks, Ghidora! Every pixel you say? I've been wondering to myself for a while now if I should start uploading these pictures in full resolution, or just stick with the 50% I've been using for posting them here on BZP :P

• Upvote 2

XD I'll see about finding a good way to do that while still having the half-res soon; maybe i'll just post the full res in my update posts, since the problem is that they zoom in an awful lot, enough that it may make it difficult for some to read the page easily :P

Anyways, speaking of pages... Page 14 is UP! :D

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys... So it may be almost 5AM over here, but... That's never stopped me from drawing before :P Page 15 is up, in all it's explosive glory! :D

@Ghidora: It does? I'll keep that in mind; Thanks!

@Dallior: Thank you, Dallior! Glad to hear it! :)