Moments you wanted/want to see in Bionicle

What moments did you want/want to see in both generations of bionicle? In G1, I wanted to see a serial about the matoran looking for the toa that would guard their villages. e.g. Onu-Matoran searching for Onua. As for G2, I'd like to witness the return of the rahkshi if the story team & set designers are willing to reintroduce a G1 villain. 

• Upvote 2

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

In retrospect, I would have liked to see the Three-Finger Islands make an appearance in G1. Probably not within the original context, and definitely not with the original name (if they had shown up, I can imagine them having the name "Maihao Isles"), but I would have just liked for them to be referenced in someway.

As for G2, I don't really know what I would want necessarily, but I hope more themes like next years. I'll try not to be direct, but 2016 calls back to a theme from G1 (it's been hinted at with the animations all year), and I would kind of like to see the rest of those themes be central. G1 didn't really make them a core motif within the plot events, so I hope G2 might be able to fully solidify these virtues.

• Upvote 2

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

I wanted to see the Toa Kaita return at some point. Think about how epic it would have been to have them take a presence in the Karda Nui saga. Or for one of the other Toa teams to have made a Toa Kaita, that would have been neat as well. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

I wanted to see the fight between Karzahni and Artakha that led to Karzahni becoming a fixer-upper (literally) and Artakha becoming the creator-guy. I also wanted to see the Element Lords appearing in the comics properly and fighting for real. Also would've been cool to see Hakann fighting more Toa, since he mentioned he's fought Toa of Water before, and maybe seeing more Toa of Plantlife in action because plantlife is so underrated.

Edit: these are all G1 things.

Edited by The Editor

wake_up_sheeple.png

• 3 weeks later...

Gen 1: I would've liked to have seen a Toa of Shadow that wasn't a corrupted Takanuva from another dimension. I know Ahkmou was planned to be such a Toa in the 2008 storyline, and that would've been cool to see play out. I also would've liked to have seen some of the Matoran introduced on the 06, 07, and 08 storylines become Toa. Not in the main story, but possibly in a web serial doing a side mission that benefited the story somehow. I would want Radiak to be one of these Matoran, because I remember reading somewhere that he would keep his quadruped form if he became a Toa. And I think that would've been cool to see in the story.

Gen 2: I guess I would like to see the Protectors get some more character development. Island of the Lost Masks was a good start for them. I just hope that they continue to get time in the story to shine.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I remember thinking it would be cool if for some reason the Bohrok razing Mata Nui didn't work for whatever reason, and one of the Toa Kiata went up there and did a mega Kiata-style Nuva-blast thing to destroy the island and, in the process, themselves.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Know what I would have loved to see? I would have wanted Teridax, in the end, to see that he had utterly failed to stop Mata Nui and the Toa, to see that that he was going to lose, and realize that perhaps he was not so smart as he made himself think. He feels complete despair, complete disappointment in himself, and knows that he has to die.

Then, of course, he gets smashed in the head by Bota Magna.

• Upvote 4

If you ask me about the ideal G1, it would most certainly involve a lot of issues being addressed. One thing that I didn't necessarily love about the G1 that we did get is that there's almost... a bit too much introduced. So many little MacGuffins and elements were added to the story almost on a whim, such as... I dunno, Hordika venom. That's just off the top of my head. Let's compare stories for an example:

2006: Hey, remember when we said that Mata Nui is sleeping? SIKE! He's actually dying!

2005: The Toa Metru are going back to Metru Nui to save the Matoran... and they... uhh.... were poisoned by biomechanical spiders! 

I absolutely love stories that take the original, accepted tales and turn them on their head, and yet still make sense within the context of the story. It's probably because of these sudden introductions that G1 doesn't feel as tightly-knit or self-contained as it probably should.

• Upvote 3

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

Considering how long Mata Nui had been in a coma with his brain cells on his face and a Voya Nui-shaped hole in his chest and heart, I'd say the fact that he was dying was quite reasonable.

Anyhow, in G1, I wish that BIONICLE movies had kept up through 2006. It would have been great to see a story in movie form with a villain team with personality. Sure, the first two had Teridax, but he was behind the scenes for most of it, leaving the villainy to the personality-free rahkshi and vahki. Roodaka was the only villain besides Teridax to really be competent and have a personality. The Piraka supposedly would have changed all that, serving as their own muscle along with Brutaka. I especially would have loved to hear Zaktan's voice.

Edited by Lon'qu
  • Upvote 2
How well will you die?

Considering how long Mata Nui had been in a coma with his brain cells on his face and a Voya Nui-shaped hole in his chest and heart, I'd say the fact that he was dying was quite reasonable.

Anyhow, in G1, I wish that BIONICLE movies had kept up through 2006. It would have been great to see a story in movie form with a villain team with personality. Sure, the first two had Teridax, but he was behind the scenes for most of it, leaving the villainy to the personality-free rahkshi and vahki. Roodaka was the only villain besides Teridax to really be competent and have a personality. The Piraka supposedly would have changed all that, serving as their own muscle along with Brutaka. I especially would have loved to hear Zaktan's voice.

Just imagine a 2007 movie. Pure. Perfection.

Hopefully pure perfection, anyway.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

G1 stuff mostly...

Takanuva and Jaller being reunited on Spherus Magna. Takanuva scoops Jaller up and hugs him so hard he can barely breathe.

Jaller starts to laugh and then just suddenly breaks down sobbing because he'd been putting on a brave face for his team since Matoro died, but just couldn't hold it in any longer- and was so relieved to see Takanuva again after everything that had happened.

Takanuva joining the Mahri on a quest.

Also, Macku tagging along, because more Macku-Hewkii banter would be the best even if it was just platonic. 

Kopaka and Pohatu meet Nikila on the Red Star, the three of them make it out and Nikila is reunited with Lesovikk.

Kiina, Dalu and Balta having adventures together. Poor Balta. He just wanted to settle down for a nice quiet life on Spherus Magna...

Kopaka and Vezon having to work together. Just coz.

That serial we were promised about the new Toa team that had the two female Toa (Lightning and Psionics) on it that Greg somehow never got around to starting (The Yesterday what? Never heard of it. Must be a figment of your imagination.)

And although I don't like the Great Being reveal that much, Kazi's reaction to it would be priceless. As in, like, three chapters of angry Ko-Matoran swearing.

• Upvote 3

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231