BIONICLE Theme Park

-Windrider-

Inspired by the game Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Come one, come all! You wee villagers know not what awaits you. But nevermind that, empty your wallets and gain admission to only the greatest of attractions Okoto has ever seen.

Don’t mind the skeletons.

In this collaborative game, a group of 8-? players will work together to develop a theme park. The first map will be chosen by a vote from among the following:

1. Soil Slides: a plot of land in the Region of Earth. It is relatively flat…save for the ravines. But perhaps you could exploit this terrain for a coaster or two…

2. Shifting Sands: in the Region of Stone, an area of dunes is begging to be developed. The heat may drive thirsty folk to the concession stands!

3. Glacial Grandeur: a rather large area in the frigid Region of Ice. Working this terrain may be tricky, but a thrill ride or two will get that blood pumping.

4. Raging Rivers: water rides and attractions will fit right in here in the Region of Water. This plot may be smaller, but the water sure is fine.

5. Vexing Vines: good luck building a park here in the Region of Jungle. Maybe some walkways between the trees? Try to use the verticality to your advantage!

6. Magma Meltdown: this mountainous plot of land in the Region of Fire is breathtaking. There are many opportunities to dig into those mountains for some underground attractions, too…

Note that the descriptions are mostly for fun and won't really affect gameplay (though they might influence your own ride/attraction descriptions - see below)!

Objectives:

The game is relatively open, but there is an objective and some mechanics. Here, each span of 24 hours counts as one “month” in whatever an Okoto year may be. At the end of each month:

1. The park rating will go up by a certain amount, determined by RNG. The initial range is 1-5, but the range can be improved (i.e. both the lower and upper limits can be increased) by developing and adding attractions (see below).

2. The number 1 corresponds to an increase of 10 rating, 2 to 20 rating, 3 to 30, etc.

3. The goal is to get a rating of at least 1000 by the end of one year/12 months/12 days in our world. You start at 250 rating. (The rating goal may be increased if we have a lot of players.)

4. During each month, each player may choose to research and develop one attraction for the park.

Rides and Attractions:

Each player should choose a “specialty” from among the following categories:

Lower limit:

Gentle rides (carousel, slides, haunted house, etc.)

Souvenirs

Roller coasters

Landscaping (i.e. shaping and developing the land)

Upper limit:

Food and drink

Thrill rides (scrambler, bumper cars, swinging ships, etc.)

Scenery (flora, fountains, structures, etc.)

Water rides (log flume, water slides, etc.)

At the start of each month/24-hour period, each player must provide a description of the new ride/attraction/improvement to the park that they have developed, according to the category they want to develop in. This is for fun! Be creative! Make those villagers’ hearts pound as they cower before your mighty attraction, or...landscaping?

For each category chosen by a player as a specialty initially, it will receive one point. For each month of development, it will receive one point per player that chose to develop in it. If a player chooses to develop according to their "specialty," that category will gain 2 points. For every 3 points a category gains, the range that determines the park rating (1-5 initially) will be improved.

For instance, if a category in the “lower limit” group reaches three points, the park rating range will change to 2-5, for example. If a category in the “upper limit” group reaches three points, the range will be 1-6, etc.

So, in choosing your category, it would be wise to keep in mind the other players’ choices in order to be diverse! Furthermore, you may find yourself wanting to develop outside of your "specialty" should it be beneficial...

Signups and Player List:

Signups are closed!

Since this is my first time hosting something more complex than "The Music Game" and the like, I'm definitely open to suggestions for improvement. Let me know if you think something won't work!

1. Bonkle - roller coasters (lower)

2. fishers64 - water rides (upper)

3. jed1ndy - scenery (upper)

4. Lucina - thrill rides (upper)

5. Tea-rex - souvenirs (lower)

6. IcarusBen - thrill rides (upper)

7. Valendale - gentle rides (lower)

8. ToaKapura1234 - souvenirs (lower)

9. Mairanui - souvenirs (lower)

--

Vexing Vines Rounds:

Month 1 start - 250 rating

Month 1 end/month 2 start - 310 rating

Month 2 end/month 3 start - 390 rating

Month 3 end/month 4 start - 450 rating

Month 4 end/month 5 start - 540 rating

Month 5 end/month 6 start - 650 rating

Month 6 end/month 7 start - 740 rating

Month 7 end/month 8 start - 810 rating

Month 8 end/month 9 start - 910 rating

Month 9 end - 1030 rating/goal achieved!

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 2

What is the difference between Upper Limit and Lower Limit Specialties? Also, if we get more than 8 players, how will the people be organized? Will the teams compete with each other?

Good questions, thanks.

Specialties are divided into "lower" and "upper" limits based on how development effects the range of the park rating increase, which is initially 1-5. For instance, if roller coasters, a "lower limit" category/specialty, reaches three points in development, then the lower limit of the park rating range is increased. It will then be from 2-5. The idea is that development has a direct effect on how much your park rating can increase each month. "Upper limit" categories/specialties increase the upper limit of the range, e.g. increasing it from 1-5 to 1-6.

Players choose a specialty so that if they choose to develop according to that category, it will gain two points that month instead of the usual one. But they're not bound to it, so they can help out other categories if they want.

They aren't really teams and won't be competing. But players should try to maximize diversity, since you'll all be working together to get the best park rating possible at the end of 12 months.

If we get more than 8 players, I may have to tweak the numbers - but that's about it.

Both of you are added!

• Upvote 1

I'll admit, I don't think I have time currently to really get involved with this, but I am certainly interested to see how it turns out, so definitely will be following the topic.

:popcorn:

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Updated!

More than one player can take a specialty (and so I've gone with people's first choices), since each one within a group isn't unique in terms of mechanics. And again, you can develop outside of your specialty, if you see the other group needs help to bump up their limit, or if you just want to be creative and try to imagine a description for something else during the write-up part.

Vexing Vines

Month 1 start - 250 rating

Welcome to Vexing Vines! You've done basic preparations and your theme park in the Region of Jungle is now open. Things are looking so nifty that you've started off with a magical 250 rating. How it got there is one of the great mysteries of our time.

But as the villagers walk the pathways among the trees, you get the feeling that there could be more to this park. You have an offering of rides, but want to get started right away and develop things further. The company running the park is chaired by the following 9 executives, seated in their bureaucratic Olympus, and has chosen the following specialties:

1. Bonkle - roller coasters (lower)

2. fishers64 - water rides (upper)

3. jed1ndy - scenery (upper)

4. Lucina - thrill rides (upper)

5. Tea-rex - souvenirs (lower)

6. IcarusBen - thrill rides (upper)

7. Valendale - gentle rides (lower)

8. ToaKapura1234 - souvenirs (lower)

9. Mairanui - souvenirs (lower)

Each member gets to work designing and proposing a ride, attraction, or improvement to be offered during this first month.

--

You have 24 hours to post a description of the ride or attraction you'd like to offer! Remember, developing the park will have a direct impact on how much your park rating can increase at the end of this month. You may develop according to your specialty, or by choosing another category at will.

Here's how points are distributed among the categories so far (based on sign-up specialties):

Lower limit:

Gentle rides - 1

Souvenirs - 3

Roller coasters - 1

Landscaping - 0

Upper limit:

Food and drink - 0

Thrill rides - 2

Scenery - 1

Water rides - 1

*rubs hands together* I'll just use my specialty, Water Rides, for this one: 

The Master Blaster

Welcome, fellow friends, neighbors, and spiders, to the fastest water slide Okoto has ever seen. Here in the highest trees of Okoto, race along a thrilling path propelled by water jets below, only to take a thrilling plunge to the next high-speed bullet section! Enjoy the chaotic swerves we put in to avoid the trees before going though the devious Twister of Darkness, a creepy spiral that is dark, except for the safety stars we had to put in because of the spiders! Yes, I can assure you this ride is completely safe - it's Kivoda approved! Hop on today for the ride of your lives!  

(I'll use my specialty as well)

The Thrashing Crasher

Looking for a thrill? Take a ride on the Thrashing Crasher, a speedy, crazy coaster that takes you on zig-zags through the leaves and vines, and even has vertical drops down the tallest trees in Okoto! So hang on, hold down your lunch, and if you're lucky, you might catch a glimpse of Lewa! The whole track is made from the strongest, local Okotoan wood, as are the carts.

• Upvote 1

Thrill Ride here;

The Windmill

Hold in your lunch as you spin around in The Windmill! Built from the finest Protosteel and Okotoan wood, The Windmill is like a Ferris Wheel from Karzahni, spinning at over 100 RPM, The Windmill is a thrill ride unmatched by anyone. WARNING: Vexing Vines Amusement Park and Resort is not responsible for any soiled clothes, masks or anything that gets shot off of the ride, including but not limited to people.

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Let's try some scenery.

Treetop Trek

Here at the Vexing Vines Theme Park, we understand that not all our guests want to experience high-thrills. In order to accommodate these guests, we have created Treetop Trek. After a short ride in our tree-pod elevators, guests will be able to walk through the tops of our illustrious topiary as they overlook the rest of the region. Even if you are a true seeker of thrills, you should stop by the Treetop Trek and enjoy the true beauty of the Jungle Region.

Edited by jed1ndy

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

(Didn't really have a good idea or a lot of time, so bear with me...)

Vexing Vines' Vines

While you enjoy the rides, food, and scenery at the Vexing Vines, you might want to think about getting something to take home to remember your stay. Step right up to the Vexing Vines Creatively named Gift Shop and take your pick from our endless rows of Vexing Vines merch! This month we are proud to introduce the 14-pack collection of vine samples from all around the park! Something you can use for a nice table centerpiece, a nice tree topper, easy stocking stuffers, a paperweight, or even a nice, decorative scarf to wear on a chilly day. Be sure to stop at the Vexing Vines Gift Shop on your way out and get your assortment of Vexing Vines' Vines.

• Upvote 1

2xu8Ptu.png

Vexing Vines

Month 1 end

And here is the distribution of points...

Lower limit:

Gentle rides - 1

Souvenirs - 3+2=5

Roller coasters - 1+2=3

Landscaping - 0

Upper limit:

Food and drink - 0

Thrill rides - 2+2=4

Scenery - 1+2=3

Water rides - 1+2=3

Your park rating range has improved! 1-5 --> 3-8.

Vexing Vines' boards of executives gathered around their table to see where things stood. Some were absent, ostensibly checking out the new rides. The rest seemed a bit distracted by their new paperweights...

"Well," said Mairanui, "it's a question of efficacy, see? It was either that or selling the fauna, and you know how that would have gone with legal."

But business is business, and there were stern duties to attend to. "It's only been a month," fishers began, "and already we've had the chance to add five new attractions. I heard even Lewa lost his lunch on The Thrashing Crasher."

"Indeed," said jed1ndy, "and let's see where the rating stands..." The papers were distributed, the paperweights were in place, and the jaws dropped.

Your park rating has increased! 250+60=310!

--

Vexing Vines

Month 2 start - 310 rating

You have 24 hours to design and propose an attraction! In this second round, you may find yourself wanting to team up to help out other categories, as here is where the points stand:

Lower limit:

Gentle rides - 1

Souvenirs - 5

Roller coasters - 3

Landscaping - 0

Upper limit:

Food and drink - 0

Thrill rides - 4

Scenery - 3

Water rides - 3

Every three points improves the rating interval, so plan accordingly!

I'll throw this one in the Gentle Rides category: 

Parrot's Playground

Secluded near the center of the park, this area is among the furthest away from the skull spider attacks, and is the perfect place for young Okotoans and their parents. A group of thrilling slides and some REALLY LONG vine swings are some of our more fun adventures. When you're done, check out some of our tree climbing walls or the monkey bars. Staff will be by those to keep your kids safe. Most importantly are the benches where tired parents can get some rest after a long day of adventuring. For ages 8 and up.  

Let's go with Food and Drink.

(Okoto) Rainforest Cafe

Try out all sorts of tasty food, right here at the (Okoto) Rainforest Cafe! We've got all the classics for any lil' picky eaters, as well as a whole host of exotic dishes straight from the coasts! All of our vegetables are organic and our expert team of chefs will be able to custom-make a meal to your preferences!

(It's hard to make a unique restaurant, ok? Don't judge me. :P)

Landscaping!

Just kidding, I'm going with thrill rides

BATTLE AT THE TEMPLE OF TIME

Journey, if you dare, to the mystical Temple of Time with our new revolutionary 4D Motion Simulator! Help the Toa to fight off the legion of Skull Spiders, earn their golden masks, and defend the temple from the evil Lord of Skull Spiders!*

Located in the dead center of the park, guests can access this action-packed experience by entering our special life-size replica of the Temple of Time itself! While in line, guests can learn about the histories of Okoto and the legends surrounding the six guardian Toa. Once the ride is finished, guests will be given the opportunity to attend a short seminar explaining the revolutionary technology used to make this extraordinary experience come to life!

*Okotoans under 10 cannot go on this ride. Okotoans under 13 must be joined by a parent or guardian.

• Upvote 1

Thrill rides!

THE SPINNY THING

Have a ball in The Spinny Thing. Six large containers surrounding a large wheel that spinning faster and faster. The six spherical containers each hold one person, and can spin on their own like a gyroscope. The constant motion in all directions will surely loosen your lunch and rattle your head! WARNING: Not intended for Okotoans under 13. Park not responsible for loss of property or loss of life.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Vexing Vines

Month 2 end

And here is the distribution of points...

Lower limit:

Gentle rides - 1+1=2

Souvenirs - 5

Roller coasters - 3

Landscaping - 0

Upper limit:

Food and drink - 0+1=1

Thrill rides - 4+2+2=8

Scenery - 3

Water rides - 3

Your park rating range has improved! 3-8 --> 3-9.

The board room was a little quieter today. The paperweights were still there, certainly, but it seems no one had predicted that the villagers running the park would get so excited about their own rides and attractions.

In brighter news, catering from the (Okoto) Rainforest Cafe, which was actually delicious, as Bonkle would tell you, seemed to lift hopes and spirits alike.

"It seems," said Bonkle, "that we must attend to our business as usual. Even though we didn't develop as much this month, we still should see an increase in numbers."

"Well," said IcarusBen, "that is if no one died in the Battle at the Temple of Time."

"You know those aren't real skull spiders," said Lucina. "And I'm not the only one who needed a disclaimer."

Your park rating has increased! 310+80=390!

--

Vexing Vines

Month 3 start - 390 rating

You have 24 hours to design and propose an attraction! This round has two categories on the verge of hitting that next mark, so plan accordingly!

Lower limit:

Gentle rides - 2

Souvenirs - 5

Roller coasters - 3

Landscaping - 0

Upper limit:

Food and drink - 1

Thrill rides - 8

Scenery - 3

Water rides - 3

Roller coasters!

Vine Drop

This may be the most dangerous ride in the park! Take an elevator to the top of Okoto's Grand Tree, the tallest in the land. Board a car (similar to a ski lift) and ride it down the vines! Eventually, the vine will end and you'll be dropped onto a steep downward rail track. After a bit, you'll fall off the track and latch onto another vine. This process continues until you reach the bottom. See if you can beat your lunch to the bottom!

(I just noticed the tags for this topic, they could be a great slogan. "Fear. Terror. Windrider." :P)

Gentle Rides this month

TOMB OF EKIMU*

Beware! Beware! Beware the tomb of the Mask Maker! Deep within its darkened halls the malevolent Skull Grinder lurks, prowling the shadows and hunting for his next victim... YOU. But is not only he that you must look out for, for the Skull Grinder has servants....

This claustrophobic haunted maze is located underground, stretching underneath the entire park. Visitors can access it through the entrance built into the replica Temple of Time, and must find one of the four exits located at various locations in the park. While trapped within the maze, visitors must remain hidden from the sinister Skull Grinder and his servants, the Skull Warriors until they can escape.

*We would like to remind visitors that this attraction is not suitable for those who suffer from anxiety.

The Spooky Tree

Built inside a hallowed out tree, this ride takes passengers at a slow speed through some of the scariest things we could find. The premise is simple: Passengers load up at the top of the tree where they begin a spiral down as a replica of the Lord of Skull Spiders descends from the ceiling.

Other scares include jumping skull spiders, floating haunted masks, and good ol' villagers in costumes. All in all, this ride won't be too scary for the little ones, but everyone will have a chance to enjoy.

I shall develop a souvenir. I shall call it a mask pack. It contains three masks. Possible masks are the mask of fire, water, stone, jungle, earth, ice, or a protector's mask. Masks may come in solid blue, black, brown, red, white, green or any of those colors blended with a translucent version of the same color.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Vexing Vines

Month 3 end

Time for some numbers!

Lower limit:

Gentle rides - 2+1+2=5

Souvenirs - 5+2=7

Roller coasters - 3+2=5

Landscaping - 0

Upper limit:

Food and drink - 1

Thrill rides - 8

Scenery - 3

Water rides - 3+1=4

Your park rating range has improved! 3-9 --> 5-9.

The executives filed in. Since each had procured a mask pack while checking out their park this month, no one could really tell who was who. Chaos ensued. Tears of exasperation were wept. But business prevailed in the end.

Your park rating has increased! 390+60=450!

--

Vexing Vines

Month 4 start - 450 rating

You have 24 hours to design and propose a ride for this fourth month. Since month 4 is April or something even in Okoto, and since April is the cruelest month, you have a challenge! And by challenge, I mean designs this month should incorporate flowers in some way. And it doesn't have to be only scenery or landscaping!

What do you mean it's April showers bring May flowers, and not the other way around?

Lower limit:

Gentle rides - 5

Souvenirs - 7

Roller coasters - 5

Landscaping - 0

Upper limit:

Food and drink - 1

Thrill rides - 8

Scenery - 3

Water rides - 4

Actually, Windrider, I always assumed that the rides don't actually start working until the following month, and are constructed in the current month, i.e. if I build a ride in April, it won't start until May. So, the challenge still works.

Also, gentle ride...

The Flowery Finagler

Calmly ride atop a giant flowery carousel while calming music playing. Feel the air flow by as you go up and down slowly. Perfect for the youngins who just want to relax and have fun.

(WARNING: Don't turn it up to 11. Please... don't.)

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png