BIONICLE Theme Park

-Windrider-

You have 24 hours to design and propose a ride for this fourth month. Since month 4 is April or something even in Okoto, and since April is the cruelest month, you have a challenge! And by challenge, I mean designs this month should incorporate flowers in some way. And it doesn't have to be only scenery or landscaping!

Reposting the challenge for page 2.

Actually, Windrider, I always assumed that the rides don't actually start working until the following month, and are constructed in the current month, i.e. if I build a ride in April, it won't start until May. So, the challenge still works.

Temporality is kinda weird in this game. All I know is somehow rides proposed during the month affect the possible park rating increase at the end of the month. I don't think it made sense in Roller Coaster Tycoon, either. : P

Thrill Rides

LEWA'S JUNGLE TUMBLER

Uh-oh! Lewa and his garden are under attack from the Skull Spiders! Strap yourselves in, because it's going to be a bumpy ride!

On this ride, participants are seated within one of nine three-person cages containing a flower in the center. Participants can spin the flower in order to spin their cage, while the jungle vines toss the cage up and down and from side to side. Riders must be at least 13 to go on this ride without an adult.

Vexing Vines
Month 4 end

By the numbers...

Lower limit:
Gentle rides - 5+1=6
Souvenirs - 7
Roller coasters - 5
Landscaping - 0+1=1

Upper limit:
Food and drink - 1+1=2
Thrill rides - 8+2=10
Scenery - 3
Water rides - 4+2=6

Your park rating range has improved! 5-9 --> 6-11.

APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

T. S. Eliot

Your park rating has increased! 450+90=540!

--

Vexing Vines
Month 5 start - 540 rating

No challenge this month. You have 24 hours to design and propose a new ride or attraction. Here are the categories as they stand, so you can improve your effectiveness this round as you did the last!

Lower limit:
Gentle rides - 6
Souvenirs - 7
Roller coasters - 5
Landscaping - 1

Upper limit:
Food and drink - 2
Thrill rides - 10
Scenery - 3
Water rides - 6

Edited by -Windrider-

Food and Drink

OKOTO BERRY JUICE

Come on out and try our new and fresh Okoto Berry Juice! We are proud to present a selection of over 20 different flavor combinations, as well as the ability to select a hot, cool, or iced beverage!

---

EXTRA! EXTRA!

Vexing Vines would like to announce that a brand new 4D Motion Simulator Ride is in the works! As a sequel to the massive attraction Battle at the Temple of Time, Vexing Vines is holding a contest to help determine the plot of this sequel!

That's right - YOU could help determine the story! What will the next action-packed adventure involve? Just send us in a brief letter [make a post] with your proposal, and if your entry is selected, it might just become a part of the ride!

• Upvote 2

Thrill Rides

Spider Attack!

Let's mix things up! Hop into a Skull Spider pod (comes in three different colors) and be lifted off the ground towards a complex system of tracks. Stare in awe as you pass the huge Toa statues, and then scream in terror as you are launched towards them down the tracks! Whoever is lucky enough to knock the mask off one of these giants will receive a 1:1 replica mask of their Toa of choice!

EXTRA! EXTRA!

Vexing Vines would like to announce that a brand new 4D Motion Simulator Ride is in the works! As a sequel to the massive attraction Battle at the Temple of Time, Vexing Vines is holding a contest to help determine the plot of this sequel!

That's right - YOU could help determine the story! What will the next action-packed adventure involve? Just send us in a brief letter [make a post] with your proposal, and if your entry is selected, it might just become a part of the ride!

Yes yes I like this.

Vexing Vines

Month 5 end

Lower limit:
Gentle rides - 6
Souvenirs - 7
Roller coasters - 5
Landscaping - 1

Upper limit:
Food and drink - 2+1=3
Thrill rides - 10+1=11
Scenery - 3
Water rides - 6

Your park rating range has improved! 6-11 --> 6-12.

"You see," said Lucina, "I figure it would be a good idea to get the guests involved. Keep them satisfied; bread and circuses or something like that. Or I guess berry juice and skeletons, in this case, maybe."

Heads nodded in agreement.

"And I heard," they continued, "that if we get enough submissions, our park rating range should be further improved...how I know this, I'm not sure. Call it a hunch. Anyway, let's look at the numbers."

Should Lucina's call receive 4 or more submissions, thrill rides will get an extra point next month!

Your park rating has increased! 540+110=650!

--

Vexing Vines

Month 6 start - 650 rating

You have 24 hours to design and propose a new attraction! Keep in mind Lucina's call for proposals, too, when posting.

Lower limit:
Gentle rides - 6
Souvenirs - 7
Roller coasters - 5
Landscaping - 1

Upper limit:
Food and drink - 3
Thrill rides - 11
Scenery - 3
Water rides - 6

Vexing Vines

Month 6 end

A quieter round, but let's see what the results are...

Lower limit:
Gentle rides - 6
Souvenirs - 7+1=8
Roller coasters - 5
Landscaping - 1

Upper limit:
Food and drink - 3
Thrill rides - 11
Scenery - 3
Water rides - 6

No changes to the range this round! 6-12.

Still, in spite of a slower month, Vexing Vines continued to attract guests from all of Okoto. And with guests comes park rating...

Your park rating has increased! 650+90=740!

--

Vexing Vines

Month 7 start - 740 rating

Another 24 hours to play!

Lower limit:
Gentle rides - 6
Souvenirs - 8
Roller coasters - 5
Landscaping - 1

Upper limit:
Food and drink - 3
Thrill rides - 11
Scenery - 3
Water rides - 6

--

Hey, so what can I do to increase participation, here? Is having only 24-hour rounds too much? I designed it so that not everyone has to participate each round, but in any case, if you have feedback or concerns, I'll listen.

The 1000-rating goal approaches...

Hey, so what can I do to increase participation, here? Is having only 24-hour rounds too much? I designed it so that not everyone has to participate each round, but in any case, if you have feedback or concerns, I'll listen.

The 1000-rating goal approaches...

I think 24 is a good amount of time, I just felt kinda "ehhhhh" last round. :P

Souvenirs

New Cheap Toys Collector's Replicas at the Gift Shop

We've just added a whole selection of replica Toa and Protector weapons to the gift shop! (No bad guy ones because duh bad guys don't sell)

Okoto History Tour

Purchased from a now-defunct historical society, this building contains many artifacts and works of art from Okoto's rich history. These include taxidermied wildlife and masks of all protectors and other famous heroes. Audio and visual aids are available to all guests.

I've been busy for a while, so... landscaping!

VEXING VINE BOTANICAL GARDENS

Tired of puking up at the Windmill? Want to take a breather from the Jungle Tumbler Take a stroll in our botanical gardens! Designed with the best in biodome technology, the Botanical Gardens include plantlife from all six lands on Okoto, from the common Junglewood Deciduous, to the rare and beautiful Magmic Ashflower. WARNING: Pollen content high. Allergy pills provided free of charge.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Vexing Vines

Month 7 end

And the results are in!

Lower limit:

Gentle rides - 6+2=8
Souvenirs - 8+1=9
Roller coasters - 5
Landscaping - 1+1=2

Upper limit:
Food and drink - 3
Thrill rides - 11
Scenery - 3
Water rides - 6

Your park rating range has improved! 6-12 --> 7-12.

Thinks were really going. And as the summer season began to draw to a close, Vexing Vines could now be undoubtedly called a success. Certainly, there were no reported casualties, save for the villagers' lunches.

The board seemed to want to have their park rating increases fluctuate less each month, diligently proposing rides and attractions that were sure to please consistently. Indeed, despite what the alliterative name of the park may suggest, its guests found nothing about which to be vexed.

Save, again, for their lost lunches.

Your park rating has increased! 740+70=810!

--

Vexing Vines

Month 8 start - 810 rating

The goal is in sight! Profit from these 24 hours to appease the RNG gods with your new rides and attractions!

Lower limit:

Gentle rides - 8
Souvenirs - 9
Roller coasters - 5
Landscaping - 2

Upper limit:
Food and drink - 3
Thrill rides - 11
Scenery - 3
Water rides - 6

The time has come.

BATTLE AT THE TEMPLE OF TIME: CLASH OF GENERATIONS

The Toa have defeated the Lord of Skull Spiders, but in this brand new 4D Motion Simulator attraction, they must now face a new and more dangerous enemy - themselves. Join the six Toa of Okoto as they defend the Temple of Time from past versions of themselves from other dimensions. These false Toa, arriving from fictional lands such as Mata-Nui and a cave they call the "Codrex", seek to destroy the Toa of Okoto and enslave the island with their black Mask of Life! Help the Toa of Okoto to defeat these Mata, Nuva, Phantoka and Mistika entities, and save the island!*

Thanks to new additions to our replica Temple of Time, this attraction can be accessed far above the original ride! While in line, guests can peruse the so-called "histories" of the false Toa, and when the ride is complete, they may attend a seminar to learn about the revolutionary technology that made this ride possible!

*Okotoans under ten may not go on this ride.

Gentle rides

When All Else Fails, Go For What's Expected

Due to complaints that our theme park was not stereotypical enough, we've installed a brand new ferris wheel. Each car will get a chance to be higher than the tallest trees in Okoto, giving a breathtaking view of the whole Jungle Region and small glimpses of the others.

Edited by Bonkle

Roller Coaster

When All Else Fails, Put A Roller Coaster Inside What's Expected

Inside our brand new ferris wheel lies... a roller coaster? A two-car train travels along the inside of the ferris wheel at speeds previously thought... er... possible. And the weird thing is, we weren't actually planning to put this thing in the ferris wheel. The construction teams got confused and accidentally cooperated with each other to create this... thing.

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Vexing Vines

Month 8 end

Learn your math facts:

Lower limit:

Gentle rides - 8+1=9
Souvenirs - 9
Roller coasters - 5+1=6
Landscaping - 2

Upper limit:
Food and drink - 3
Thrill rides - 11+2=13
Scenery - 3
Water rides - 6

Your park rating range has improved! 7-12 --> 9-13.

Guests were baffled. The executives kinda just sat there shrugging for five minutes. Somehow, there was a now a ferris wheel/roller coaster hybrid...thing in Vexing Vines. But the guests loved it. I don't think too many villagers died. If they did, well, that's not our department, anyway. Our department is numbers, and let's see what the numbers have to say this round...

Your park rating has increased! 810+100=910!

--

Vexing Vines

Month 9 start - 910 rating

Since the park rating range can't decrease, you have 24 hours to win the game! Somehow, it's September in Okoto too, and that means it's back to school. What better way to dive into the world of truancy by going to a theme park? Yes, we can call some of our rides and attractions educating, but that's beside the point.

In this final round, I want to play on the posts above. Try to build something that complements (or doesn't) another player's ride. What monstrous thing will result? I don't know; let's find out.

Lower limit:

Gentle rides - 9
Souvenirs - 9
Roller coasters - 6
Landscaping - 2

Upper limit:
Food and drink - 3
Thrill rides - 13
Scenery - 3
Water rides - 6

Edited by -Windrider-

I'll make something super basic; with any luck everyone will add to it for the ultimate attraction.

The board of executives hacked and slashed at the jungle trees for hours. Dulling several sets of machetes in the process, they were able to clear a large, flat area. Bonkle quickly called for the construction of a standard coaster, with a few ups and downs and one loop. He looked at the others expectantly and gestured towards the large pile of supplies.

Edited by Bonkle

This is a complement to Voltex's Golden Mask Shop Above:

Golden Mask Forge

Tired of paying our high prices for golden masks and other souvenirs? Well, now, for a slightly reduced price, you attempt to forge your own! This attraction will truly put your skills to the test as you work with molten materials to make something to be proud of. Don't finish? Don't worry! We'll be happy to put the last touches on your masterpiece and sell it right back to you or whoever else is next in line!

Gentle Ride here: building on the ferris wheel/roller coaster. 

Okoto Concert Stage

Tired of the same old boring ferris-wheel roller coaster combo? How about a rockin' version? This month, we're inviting Hammer Unflushed and the Okoto Extraordinaires to play tunes for you as you ride. Just be careful not to fall off the ferris wheel or coaster as you rock out!

ROLLAH COASTAH! (I got the poster!)

Please tell me someone gets that joke...

BATTLE AT THE TEMPLE OF TIME: CLASH OF GENERATIONS: TAKE FLIGHT

The Toa Nuva weren't lying when they said they had enemies of their own; the vile Makuta Phantoka and Mistika have invaded Okoto, and now it's up to you to fly the Rockoh T3, the Jetrax T6 and the Axalara T9 around the Temple of Time in pursuit of the villainous Makuta! After the ride, feel free to wander around our museum to see how this amazing feat of technology was accomplished!

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Vexing Vines

Month 9 end

What's a game without some numbers?

Lower limit:

Gentle rides - 9+1=10
Souvenirs - 9+1=10
Roller coasters - 6+2+1=9
Landscaping - 2

Upper limit:
Food and drink - 3
Thrill rides - 13
Scenery - 3
Water rides - 6

Your park rating range has improved! 9-13 --> 10-13.

And...

Your park rating has increased! 910+120=1030!

Congratulations! You have achieved your goal!

Vexing Vines now attracted villagers from all over Okoto. It was somewhat of a cultural phenomenon too, now, separating the in-crowd from the out. You either ride or die, dude. And fortunately for everyone involved, that is indeed an "or" in that sentence, not an "and." Surprisingly, it seemed that thrill rides were the biggest draw, in spite of the rather...er...inventive coasters the park could boast to house. Landscaping seems not to have been on the executives' minds, but who needs that, when you have all the benefits of a jungle right there? The titular vines served as scenery, as rides, and yes, as paperweights, somehow. Perhaps that is what was so vexing about them: how can those things turn out to be so versatile?

In any case, having established itself, Vexing Vines continued to print money and to entertain guests for the years following.

--

Thanks for playing! I think it was good for me to try something different out, and I hope you had fun coming up with the inventive rides and attractions that you proposed. I would have, perhaps, liked for there to have been some more strategy involved with the different categories, as it seems things would still have worked out rather easily no matter the choices made. But - I had fun hosting; maybe I'll try again at some point in the future. (Or, if someone wants to adopt the game at any point, that's of course perfectly fine as well.)

• Upvote 1

You either ride or die, dude. 

ride or die

HOLD UP THE FLAG CAUSE IT'S RIDE OR DIE!!!!

:lookaround: Sorry, I spazed out a bit there. *ahem*

But yeah, this one is definitely a good one, Windrider...even though I didn't get to play it as much because my brain kept drawing blanks after doing too much other stuff. (And we might have had one too many thrill rides. :P)

I felt that the park landscape really didn't contribute to the park's attractions that much - some felt kinda random, like they could go anywhere. :shrugs: Maybe it's just because we picked the most general and inclusive one. 

In any case, it's good to see you hosting, and you really do make an excellent game host, putting my punctuality record to shame. :) Until next time! :P If there is one. 

• Upvote 1

fishers - I agree, regarding how some of the rides could have fit in just about any park, anywhere. On a related note, the original intent was to have different mechanics for each map, but figured I should keep the complexity down. Next time, maybe?

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who participated. See you around G&T...

• Upvote 1