Terra Magna

Irrie

Tribal Matoran is just Maori with some occasional letter changes.

Also, the way Irrie phrased the timeskip, with that whole "must avoid war" thing made me think bad things were happening.

Well yeah, everyone knows that.

He was probably being over dramatic, or assumed that I must be doing something dastardly because my guy is being too nice, and that the Vorox are spooky scary people and must be evil because they are not Matoran.

*thick accent* Irrie, are you racist towards my people?

Ha ha ha ha, wow Franku! Ore wa ai ga daisuki nanda, ha ha ha! Wowu, rook at le time, I must voy a la biblioteca! 

bZpOwEr

E kara te kaikira fariihaa i rete i Onukara. Ko mea, he matotere Vorox. E kara matou e rite ki te nui Agori, rānei.

In English; Racism is not tolerated in Onukara. That said, Vorox are icky. We don't much like Agori, either.

Ko tonu i te tinihanga Onukara. Onukara is full of hypocrites.

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

The guy storming in was unexpected. Now to show my guy off. B-)

Edited by Sir Iaredios
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Don't mind the zombies, that's just a minigame that NationStates does every Halloween. Your country will revert back to normal by the end of the weekend. 

Doesn't it lower our populations though? I've managed to clean Onukara and Ko-Vara, still working on some of the others.

For now, yes, but at the update (which is 12:00 EST tonight) everything will be returned to how it was before the event. 

bZpOwEr

Don't mind the zombies, that's just a minigame that NationStates does every Halloween. Your country will revert back to normal by the end of the weekend. 

Doesn't it lower our populations though? I've managed to clean Onukara and Ko-Vara, still working on some of the others.

For now, yes, but at the update (which is 12:00 EST tonight) everything will be returned to how it was before the event. 

Ah, so there's no real point to it. I don't need to be doing this.

*continues firing cure missiles*

• Upvote 3

So i finally finished my custom banner. Behold the glory that is Pohan-Vor!

nation-states_pohan-vor_banner1.jpg

Edited by Sir Iaredios
  • Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Pyramids? I thought Pohan-Vor was more Arabian than Egyptian.

They have a couple of small pyrimids constructed out of steel-glass and sand-rock and use them as giant temples. The yonly have one giant city with smaller towns and villages so they're only at one place, Shari'bular, or Voropolis, whatever you want to call it.

Also, it's part of their history. :)  The Jarra'dine/Vorox are a mix of a lot of things that give rise to a nice unique, albeit alien blend.

Prior to The Shattering, there was a great desert warlord whose name has been lost to history. He controlled much of crossing grounds between the western and central wastes of Bara Magna. When the Great Beings decided to recede from the rule of the planet and abandon the authority given to them by the inhabitants of the world (who centuries to a thousand years before had given the keys of the civilizations to them), the Great Beings selected key rulers to empower them with authority and powers to back it up with. The mighty warlord was chosen to receive power from these gods to have rule over the wastes of Bara Magna. Suited in armor befitting of his home (south of the birthlands of Geneteira, central Bara Magna, in a land now completely destroyed by the Shattering) that acted as a conduit for godly powers (also befitting the natural area of where he was to rule), the warlord was transformed into the Element Lord of Sand. Wishing further uniqueness from the other rulers and their people, the Element Lord of Sand expressed having his body changed and serve as an inspiration for his people, to become the 'city on the hill'. All the Great Beings dismissed it except for one, the Great Being named Tahedin, who in later millennia would be under the alias of Velika. Going according to his recipient's demands, Tahedin genetically altered the Element Lord of Sand: hardening his skin except around joints and key movement areas, dividing his lower jaw and widening the mouth corners along the cheeks with the ability to split apart like mandibles and yet when closed can still speak like a human, they changing of the iris to be like fire, the changing of the skin to be like clay-red, and the signature addition of a great stinger tail pumped with poison to swell, numb, and liquefy insides. The other Great Beings looked down upon this saying that although they added nanotechnology to improve survival rates in the dangerous lands that make up Spherus Magna among the natives of said planet, they would never have changed anyone to such an extant.

Going back home as a super-powered scorpion man infused with the powers of sand in armor reminiscent of futuristic pharaoh-inspired armor, The Element Lord of Sand was proclaimed Shah'hi Jarraradat by his subjects, the Deadly Scorpion King (the now extinct people south of Geneteira called him Fhar'hi). They all wanted to be like him, some of them even abandoning their worship of the Great Beings and instead giving their king praise. He accepted their demands with pleasure, and enlisted his friend and associate Tahedin to make all denizens of the desert wastes of Bara Magna under his rule like him. Under the guidance of the Three Creators, first Grunchar the Great Potter of the Universe and creator of sentience, second being Jarraradat, the third being Tahedin (one on top, and two equals beneath, creating a triangle shape that can be found throughout Jarra'dine culture). Under his rule artificial substances such as sand-rock and glass-steel were created with a mixture of Great Being technology and Jarraradat's powers. Using these, great cities of translucent steel and cement-like sand were constructed across the sands and wastes of Bara Magna during the next few centuries. during said centuries Jarraradat had come to embrace the divinity put upon him by his people, coming to believe in it himself to find that, though much of his body decayed with the passing of time his body was infused with the eternal power of nature, or at least a small part of it (same thing happened to the other Element Lords, making them all look like zombies in their futuristic yet culturally decorated armor). The Element Lord of Sand proclaimed himself god of the sands and forced everyone to worship him lest they be punished. The other Element Lords took inspiration and did the same. This created a path of distrust between the Element Lords, as they and their subjects would be totally loyal to themselves and their rulers and thinking that there should only be one god between them all (as they were all originally created with one god, Grunchar, they thought as much with their heathenry). They would only have to wait in time until they all had a reason to fight.

When the Core War erupted in the wake of civilian discovery of a well of natural protodermis in the Great Mountains, the Element Lord of Sand invaded southern Bota Magna. The war lasted for centuries (that final century used by the Great Beings to construct Mata Nui). During the war, Shah'hi Jarraradat utilized the natures of his people created by Tahedin (not knowing of his plans to use them in his conquest of Spherus Magna later on), one of the more terrifying aspects was getting cultists to attack enemy soldiers with their stinger tail and such the liquefied insides out of them. This practice made the Nealite agori of the west call them Vorox, meaning 'hungry' in their tongue.

After the war, the Jarra'dine that survived the planet-fragmenting disaster that was The Shattering found that the great winds and fires had destroyed their beautiful cities or swallowed them up in the sands. They reorganized themselves into tribes and wandered the wastes until they each found springs and oases to live at. most of them were converted by Gruncharist priests, telling them that the destruction of the planets was punishment to all the people of Spherus Magna. They built small villages from which to live upon, forced to create weapons and armor from more foreign sources than metal, such as leather, bone, and wood. one type of weapon they mastered was the macana-style of weaponry, most famous being their variants of macuahuitls. Life would have been hard yet fine, if the Bone Hunters hadn't kept picking on them, raiding, enslaving, and burning alive these poor scorpion people to their sky deity. Some vorox became like animals as their entire tribes fell to one of the preceding factors or died of more natural variants (lack of water, disease, etc) while still children, they never properly learning to walk as they should and ran like apes, stinging creatures and sucking the liquefied fluids out of them. Legends say that a hero, Pohana, was able to drive the raiders permanently from their lands and found an undamaged Jarra'dinite city to the far south of Bara Magna from which to rule from. The vorox lived in this harsh state until the Battle of Bara Magna, where they would either be free and eventually flourish in a returned state of their former civilization, or become enslaved and half of the population shipped to another planet and eventually become free with the utilization of high-tech matoran tools.

TL;DR

The period under the rule of the Element Lord of Sand united separate but similar desert civilizations under one ruler, combining them all in variant degrees, and the decline of the vorox brought 'tribalization' to them all. They retained many aspects of the rule of their super-powered king, but adapted them to the return of their original beliefs and their new lifestyles. Open and constant interaction with the ostonigosa, or Bone Hunters brushed some ideas from them off onto the vorox, such as the utilization of fire in holy ceremonies. The 'tribalization' and varying degrees of 'ostonigosification' across the Bara Magnan wastes influences the Navajo put into the tongue, as it is presented here as a sort of combining between the Bone Hunter's Mongolian and the Old Vorox Farsi-blend.

I have had less than a year of not much else to do to devise all the backstory and the previous 20 days to flesh out the vorox :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Skrall servants of Grunchar have united, and now all our enemies will know the wrath of Skrall steel. In accordance to our origin and our place in the universe, we were "Mined from Darkness, Forged in Light". To quote Green Lantern, "no evil shall escape our sight!", unless it serves the great good, like raiding and stuff. :P

Edited by Sir Iaredios
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Alright everybody, I've finally posted the next update! It will include a perspective from the natives (whose real name is revealed in the post) as well as the introduction of a mysterious stranger who will serve a greater purpose in the future. 

bZpOwEr

Alright everybody, I've finally posted the next update! It will include a perspective from the natives (whose real name is revealed in the post) as well as the introduction of a mysterious stranger who will serve a greater purpose in the future. 

Finally! Not what I thought was going to happen, but hey gotta give me a hand for what I pulled out of the situation.

And Irrie. Nice avatar. The Oghuz be one of the greatest and most worthy of foes to the might of Rome (my avatar vs. yours). Actually used that specific picture when I wrote an essay about pre-Ottoman West Turks. (Man, now I feel like playing a game to simulate a battle between these two powers)

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Finally! Not what I thought was going to happen, but hey gotta give me a hand for what I pulled out of the situation.

And Irrie. Nice avatar. The Oghuz be one of the greatest and most worthy of foes to the might of Rome (my avatar vs. yours). Actually used that specific picture when I wrote an essay about pre-Ottoman West Turks. (Man, now I feel like playing a game to simulate a battle between these two powers)

The fact that you recognized this painting of Alp Arslan from a paper you wrote about the Oghuz Turks has earned you my undying respect.  

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Onaku was showing off his flag and page and whatnot, so I thought I'd give this a look over. I do love RPs, and the thought of running an entire nation is enticing, I must admit... 

Is there anything important I should be aware of before I start thinking about joining in?

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Onaku was showing off his flag and page and whatnot, so I thought I'd give this a look over. I do love RPs, and the thought of running an entire nation is enticing, I must admit... 

Is there anything important I should be aware of before I start thinking about joining in?

Probably the biggest concern here is people trying to learn how to use the Nationstates website. Other than that you should be good to go. The link to the map and the roleplay topic are all located on the region page for Terra Magna on the NS website:

http://www.nationstates.net/region=terra_magna

If you've got any questions feel free to drop them here or send me a PM. 

bZpOwEr

Probably the biggest concern here is people trying to learn how to use the Nationstates website. Other than that you should be good to go. The link to the map and the roleplay topic are all located on the region page for Terra Magna on the NS website:

http://www.nationstates.net/region=terra_magna

If you've got any questions feel free to drop them here or send me a PM. 

You should familiarize yourself with the history I wrote and was fleshed out by Irrie. You can find it in the link above. I specialize in Spherus Magna natives and have made a whole history for much of them, and I am currently running a nation of Vorox and another with 'good' Skrall, so if you want clarification of the alterations done to them for the RP you can ask Irrie or I.

I await to see you on the website!

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I made my own nation, but how do I get it to be part of the region?

EDIT: My nation's name is New Xia, I'm still trying to figure everything out so bear with me.

EDIT2: Nevermind, figured it out.

EDIT3: On the other hand, I've realized I won't have time to dedicate myself to this and am dropping out of the region as not to inconvenience (spam) the region with my sloppy creation. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Edited by Brickobotface

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

I made my own nation, but how do I get it to be part of the region?

EDIT: My nation's name is New Xia, I'm still trying to figure everything out so bear with me.

EDIT2: Nevermind, figured it out.

EDIT3: On the other hand, I've realized I won't have time to dedicate myself to this and am dropping out of the region as not to inconvenience (spam) the region with my sloppy creation. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Oh, well if you decide you want to come back we'll be happy to let you join in. 

bZpOwEr

On that note, I had a skim through the IC topic and think I have a rough idea of what's been going on. That said, what would you guys suggest be the best way to bring my nation/characters into the game?

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Alright. That works for me. 

And thus good skrall country is born. To quote Skyrim:

"...My forge never rests."

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Upon more consideration, I might be enough to participate semiactively... no promises. But if a New Xia drops in, don't be surprised.

On another note. I was snooping around the RP forum on Terra Magna and noticed that some of it required... censoring. Are there any rules about this?

Edited by Brickobotface

I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the Terra Magna forum that breaks any of nationstates rules, which can be found here. It simply has slightly different guidelines regarding language and content to what BZP does. 

I was mainly curious on what the creators of the region had to say regarding the language there. While there isn't much and the site itself has a mild case of it, I was still wondering.

Edited by Brickobotface

Using swear words is tolerated on the NationStates forum, and thus is tolerated within the Terra Magna roleplay. However using swear words in an OOC context to harass, troll, or bully other players is not acceptable.

Basically, you can use them but don't be a jerk about it. 

bZpOwEr

My second and final nation, The Holy Empire of the Psychical, has arrived in Terra Magna. 

• Upvote 1

New map update: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Magnetro/GIMP/Terra-Magna/pohan_vor_map.png

And a new custom banner: pohan-vor_banner_2.png

EDIT: pohan-vor_banner_2_edit.png

Edited by Sir Iaredios
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Alrighty everybody, just posted a new update to the roleplay. It will introduce a perspective from somebody you probably wouldn't expect to have seen the scenario, as well as the introduction of the main antagonist of the current arc. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

• 4 weeks later...

The rush to introduce action killed the game. Let this be a reminder to all future enterprises.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png