Terra Magna

Irrie

TERRA MAGNA

Pj4SPGo.png

Greetings one and all! This is a promotional thread that invites you to come and join the roleplay world of Terra Magna! 
Terra Magna is a planet where the numerous Bionicle species exist in various civilizations scattered across the globe. The roleplay will put you in control of one such nation and it is your job as their leader to care and provide for your people. You can be a nation of Matoran, Skakdi, Rahkshi, Agori, or any other race you want. You can even be a melting pot nation, it's all up to you! The roleplay will allow for you to make all sorts of decisions that real life nation leaders make such as declaring war, negotiating trade, and deciding the outcome of controversial issues. 

Terra Magna will take place on the website Nationstates.net. To join, create an account and move your nation to the Terra Magna region, found in the previous link. Once you're there, introduce yourself on the Regional Message Board (RMB) and you can begin to design your nation from there. 

If you have any questions about the game mechanics, please consult either myself or the faq page

Note that the roleplay will be hosted on a soon-to-be-made topic on the NationStates forums, while this is to be used as a discussion/advertisement topic. 

Thanks for reading and I'll see you there! 

Edited by Irrie: The Loremaster
  • Upvote 3

bZpOwEr

Sorry, but no.

I trust, Irrie, you will be able to handle any outbreaks/language on that forum/subforum, but the current safety conditions of "Nationstates" and their language filter do not meet Kanohi Force standards for purity on or off-line. As head of the Kanohi Force, i cannot in any condition set myself at such a low level to further dissipate the quality standard of the Kanohi Force.

So, i must pass. I hope you can understand.

Sorry, but no.

I trust, Irrie, you will be able to handle any outbreaks/language on that forum/subforum, but the current safety conditions of "Nationstates" and their language filter do not meet Kanohi Force standards for purity on or off-line. As head of the Kanohi Force, i cannot in any condition set myself at such a low level to further dissipate the quality standard of the Kanohi Force.

So, i must pass. I hope you can understand.

But it's JUST US. We're not letting in random people from anywhere, just the KF and the other good BZPeeps.

Site = Unsafe

Sorry.

Come on, Ghiddy. Live a little. We'll be fine. Just don't look at other regions' boards.

You really don't seem to grasp this.

The Kanohi Force is here because of good quality, and that's the only reason it's going to continue to stand. If i allow discussion to head to other sites not moderated properly i'm trashing the name of the Kanohi Force and discrediting it, plus putting other current and potential members through bad examples/bad language/bad ideology.

That is one of the main reason the Kanohi Force is headed on BZPower and nowhere else. We have ambassadors to other sites, but aside from the Wikia, we don't have any other large assemblies of ourselves, and won't until there is an official Kanohi Force website or another securely moderated, acceptable website like BZPower.

So for Irrie: Don't exclude this to only KF members, and for the sake of the KF, please keep all profanity off. I'll be checking now and then.

Site = Unsafe

Sorry.

Come on, Ghiddy. Live a little. We'll be fine. Just don't look at other regions' boards.

The Kanohi Force is here because of good quality, and that's the only reason it's going to continue to stand. If i allow discussion to head to other sites not moderated properly i'm trashing the name of the Kanohi Force and discrediting it, plus putting other current and potential members through bad examples/bad language/bad ideology.

That is one of the main reason the Kanohi Force is headed on BZPower and nowhere else. We have ambassadors to other sites, but aside from the Wikia, we don't have any other large assemblies of ourselves, and won't until there is an official Kanohi Force website or another securely moderated, acceptable website like BZPower.

So for Irrie: Don't exclude this to only KF members, and for the sake of the KF, please keep all profanity off. I'll be checking now and then.

HAH!

I'm cracking up right now.

:lol

• Upvote 3

Huh! If I were to do this I am pretty sure I can just copy and paste some of the nations being developed at the A Rude Awakening topic.

Is there a history to Terra Magna? Or will the course of the game produce the history for this planet?

...Looking at the comments area in the webpage you linked, I think the seeds of mutiny have began their soil-based breech...

*DUN DUN DUUNNN!!*

• Upvote 3

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Huh! If I were to do this I am pretty sure I can just copy and paste some of the nations being developed at the A Rude Awakening topic.

Is there a history to Terra Magna? Or will the course of the game produce the history for this planet?

...Looking at the comments area in the webpage you linked, I think the seeds of mutiny have began their soil-based breech...

*DUN DUN DUUNNN!!*

Pleasejoinyoullbethefirstnewperson.

And you're encouraged to develop your nation's own culture.

*DUN DUN DUUNNN!!*

I haven't decided on a specific plan for the history of the planet (or why it's there in the first place), what I was planning on was discussing it with everybody who's signed up once we begin the game. 

Basically the game will decide it as it progresses, but talking about it beforehand couldn't hurt. 

Just for clarification, I'm developing this as a non-KF roleplay. 

bZpOwEr

Just for clarification, I'm developing this as a non-KF roleplay. 

Thank you.

I am curious about this, but I am lost as to where to begin. Help?

By thinking for a minute (its... so... hard...[/sarcasm]) I have made a possible history (takes me a while to write it all down though).

This game takes place in an alternate universe where Makuta Teridax survives and defeats and kills Mata Nui at the Battle of Bara Magna. After explaining himself as righteous revolutionary who disposed his world from an unfit king/god and subjugating the population through a mixture of propaganda and fear, he leaves Spherus Magna in it's splintered state and terraforms certain parts of Bara Magna to be better fit for Matoran Universe beings. Using Bara Magna as his springboard, Makuta Teridax eventually conquers the rest of the Solis Magna system as their interstellar god-emperor (being worshiped by the matoran and agori cults are no longer enough). The primitive races that occupy another planet in the star system worship Teridax and is thence 'blessed' with his technological gifts. Makuta uses powerful viceroys that rule the planets and moons he conquers while away. Before leaving Solis Magna's system, Makuta Teridax instructs the matoran and vortixx to develop experimental wormhole technology, eventually constructing their equivalent of a star gate (from here on out called a 'space gate') and a powerful beacon that rests in-orbit around Bara Magna. Makuta then proceeds to leave the star system, seeking to sake his hunger for others' gratification and worship, "to make the whole universe be put under his nice cool benevolent shadow while shielding them from the heating, scorching light that hurts people'. (demented I know)

For thousands of years Makuta Teridax traversed across the spacial void and arrives at a nearby star system [insert name here for star]. A planet that occupies the habitable-zone in the aforementioned star system is found to be populated by primitive variety of sentient races, and thenceforth partially colonized by Teridax's MU subjects. Teridax leaves several years after the beacon on this new planet is constructed and the signals are found to one another and the space gates are active, allowing instant travel between the planets of Spherus and this new planet. Many Spherus Magna natives are gathered up and used as slaves by the viceroy of Bara Magna and with approval by Makuta Teridax himself, many slaves are sent through the gates and are held to equal population levels as the MU colonists.

Over 700 years passed and the SM slaves vastly outnumber the MU colonists while the various native races have been pushed farther away from areas that they previously lived at but has been colonized by matoran and other races. Rebellious 'terrorist' cells among the slave populations grow and eventually open civil war erupts. The many superpowers and the very biomechanical natures of the Teridaxian-puppets made them very worthy opponents, but the near-endlessness of agori, skrall and vorox waves as well as their smart utilization of slave tools, not to mention the mutiny of half of the colonial population to rid themselves of a god they never wanted eventually led to the overthrow of Teridax's viceroy and the destruction of the space gate and it's beacon after 30 years of bloodshed. Isolated in the vastness of space from both their leader and their home system of Solis Magna, the rahkshi squads and visorak armies are at the whim of an exiled viceroy while the left overs of the tyrannical government are carved up by the colonists and former slaves alike. Many spread across the globe to seek new land while having to fight it for the planets' original owners. In face of their victory and abolition, the former-slaves have christened this planet Terra Magna, meaning Great Soil; it is named as such because much of the planet is ripe for agriculture and is very hospitable in comparison to their race's homeland of Bara Magna (there are still obvious hazards of course). Afterwards the different 'terrorist' cells spread out and founded many new countries that serve to protect their own and their own individual beliefs (be it religious, political, both, or otherwise).

Teridax is but a distant memory in the eyes of his servants (they still respect and worship him and his godly power), though some were secretly still beholden to their now-passed deity Mata Nui whom they believe watches them from beyond and are now open with their beliefs, and a mere legend in the eyes of the short-lived human-like agori, but in due time all confusion will be cleared up. When the beacon was destroyed, the last of the signals did not reach Makuta Teridax 1400 years later. So such an event will not happen again, he is currently backtracking towards the planet he had previously conquered, destroy any resistance, analyze what caused it and continue with his conquests. If it must come to it, there is the remote possibility of destroying Terra Magna via a black hole (which would eventually lead to the destruction of that entire solar system). Though they have plenty of time, the people of this planet will eventually have to face the wrath of a godly continent-sized metallic titan, and only by unifying it will they have a chance in heck against such destructive powers. The question of will they be able to overcome their differences, or become so heartless as to wipe out everyone else is another matter entirely.

Edited by Sir Iaredios
  • Upvote 3

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Oh my, even though you haven't finished it I love it already. That would not only give the players other nations to interact with, but the rule of Teridax as well. I can't wait to implement this into the game! 

bZpOwEr

Finished the rest. I am glad you guys liked it. :)  I tend to be able to make stories in my head pretty quickly (be it serious or stupidly funny, ie Robot Chicken) but it takes time for me to write it down. If you guys want to recommend any changes go right on ahead, this isn't my baby like A Rude Awakening is (though there are admittedly some influences, such as the short life span of Spherus Magna natives). You guys still want Teridax's viceroy to still have ultimate power of Terra Magna and the space gate still open go right on ahead.

I would like to join your guys' game but I do not know how to start up a country or anything. Would anyone mind helping me out? If I want to participate in your world, do i still need to make my own nation for the website's main game?

Lastly, I think this would fit more in Fan Created Media more than Completely Off Topic.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Finished the rest. I am glad you guys liked it. :)  I tend to be able to make stories in my head pretty quickly (be it serious or stupidly funny, ie Robot Chicken) but it takes time for me to write it down. If you guys want to recommend any changes go right on ahead, this isn't my baby like A Rude Awakening is.

I would like to join your guys' game but I do not know how to start up a country or anything. Would anyone mind helping me out? If I want to participate in your world, do i still need to make my own nation for the website's main game?

Lastly, I think this would fit more in Fan Created Media more than Completely Off Topic.

Firstly, I believe Windrider recommended we put it here.

Secondly, you'll want to go to nationstates.net, click new nation, and configure all your settings. Then, while you're logged in, go back to the link in the initial post and go to the page for our region. Somewhere on the page, towards the top, there should be a button that says "Move (country name) to Terra Magna". Click that and you're all set! :)

In the nation creation, page 2, the first question asks: "Q1. A country should be judged by how it treats its worst-off citizens". What is the website's definition of 'worst-off citizens'? People in prison? Social deviants? Traitors?

Another one in relation to the questions. Are these questions for me personally, or the policies of the country itself?

EDIT: I guessed that what it meant was prisoners. The country of Pohaan-Vor, a kingdom of united vorox, has been founded in the wake of civil strife.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

In the nation creation, page 2, the first question asks: "Q1. A country should be judged by how it treats its worst-off citizens". What is the website's definition of 'worst-off citizens'? People in prison? Social deviants? Traitors?

Another one in relation to the questions. Are these questions for me personally, or the policies of the country itself?

EDIT: I guessed that what it meant was prisoners. The country of Pohaan-Vor, a kingdom of united vorox, has been founded in the wake of civil strife.

The reason why we're using NationStates is because it automatically generates statistics about your nation based on how you answer issues that arise in your country. This will allow for people to have more fleshed-out stats for their nation without having to spend hours determining budget and whatnot. 

Although the game automatically assumes that you're playing as a human-only country in modern-day earth, so there are some issues that would be irrelevant to Bionicle (i.e. somebody leaking military secrets to a wiki), but for the most part it seems to be a compatible resource. 

EDIT: In fact, I think I'm going to draw a map of the colonies while it was under Teridax's rule, as well as design their flags.

Edited by Irrie: The Loremaster

bZpOwEr

I'll join in on this when I get home.

Curious about what you'll play as and stuff. The more the merrier.

EDIT: Alright I've made two flags for Pohan-Vor. Which one do you guys like more? I like the simplicity of the first one, but the second one has grown on me. i feel like I should throw in some dark green though.

pohan-vor_flag.jpg

pohan-vor_flag2.jpg

...What the crud is up with my country? My people are supposed to be eco-friendly and one with nature, and now my allowing of a little bit of deforestation has led to mass deforestation, the possible extinction of the scorpion, and at the same time an economy whose back bone runs on pizza delivery boys. :superfunny:

Edited by Sir Iaredios
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I'll likely play as either Idiots or the Mataruan.

>kanohi force stands for good quality

>kanohi force

>good quality

To slightly misquote you, "Haha, good quality, that's funny Ghiddy, you should write a joke book,"

Edited by Petewa

EDIT: Alright I've made two flags for Pohan-Vor. Which one do you guys like more? I like the simplicity of the first one, but the second one has grown on me. i feel like I should throw in some dark green though.

pohan-vor_flag.jpg

pohan-vor_flag2.jpg

...What the crud is up with my country? My people are supposed to be eco-friendly and one with nature, and now my allowing of a little bit of deforestation has led to mass deforestation, the possible extinction of the scorpion, and at the same time an economy whose back bone runs on pizza delivery boys. :superfunny:

I outlawed cannibalism and there were street riots over yes or not. :P And I like the first flag, the colors suit the Vorox more.

I outlawed cannibalism and there were street riots over yes or not. :P And I like the first flag, the colors suit the Vorox more.

Yeah, maybe they did on Spherus Magna, but I have made the region around my country have red rock, not brown/tan. The tan on the flag is there for nostalgia.

tan = traditional sand tribe color

orange = red rock

purple = supreme authority of the king (only one more supreme is the Great Spirit)

gold = prosperity

white = god-given civil rights (no more no less)

I am thinking about doing some small edits but I think the colors are there to stay.

EDIT: I am redesigning the flag. I am going to try and keep the colors though.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I actually think this topic might fit more in Games Forum. Anyone else agree? i mean, we are still doing Bionicle-related stuff... I honestly really don't think it fits here. :annoyed:

And welcome Petewa, or should I say Queen of Po-Mataru. :P

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I actually think this topic might fit more in Games Forum. Anyone else agree? i mean, we are still doing Bionicle-related stuff... I honestly really don't think it fits here. :annoyed:

The character Petewa is the grandson of the Po-Mataruan queens.

You have an in-story character too? Cool. 

Iaredios was a historian that lived on Bara Magna in the years before the Battle of Bara Magna and afterwards. His most famous works were his insight into vorox society where he lived among them for a year and a half (this showed that vorox were not animals like most people thought) and his recording of the Battle of Bara Magna through the view point of the agori. in the main universe he also wrote about the wars for the Element Lords to reforge old kingdoms and the New Atero Civil War, but in our alternate timeline here I can only guess that all proceeding works are heavily censored by Teridax.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Iaredios was a historian that lived on Bara Magna in the years before the Battle of Bara Magna and afterwards. His most famous works were his insight into vorox society where he lived among them for a year and a half (this showed that vorox were not animals like most people thought) and his recording of the Battle of Bara Magna through the view point of the agori. in the main universe he also wrote about the wars for the Element Lords to reforge old kingdoms and the New Atero Civil War, but in our alternate timeline here I can only guess that all proceeding works are heavily censored by Teridax.

Hm, I should probably get to work on my nation's history this afternoon as well.

And how do I notify a mod to move the topic? Should I report it? 

bZpOwEr

Hm, I should probably get to work on my nation's history this afternoon as well.

Report it. That what I've had to do in the past. If a staff member thinks otherwise they will probably contact you personally and you can discuss it with them. But I see no need for that: this forum is for non-Bionicle things, this topic is Bionicle-related. Seems simple enough to justify a relocation.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Report it. That what I've had to do in the past. If a staff member thinks otherwise they will probably contact you personally and you can discuss it with them. But I see no need for that: this forum is for non-Bionicle things, this topic is Bionicle-related. Seems simple enough to justify a relocation.

Done. 

Now I'm going to work on a history of colonial Terra Magna, which will hopefully give me a foundation for the history of Hrawninn. 

bZpOwEr

Done. 

Now I'm going to work on a history of colonial Terra Magna, which will hopefully give me a foundation for the history of Hrawninn. 

Can't wait to read it. As a history man myself (though I have a specialty in military history), if you need help just give a holler.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Done. 

Can't wait to read it. As a history man myself (though I have a specialty in military history), if you need help just give a holler.

And you will have to wait no longer.

I now plan on writing a record of what happened between colonial Terra Magna and present day. 

bZpOwEr