Terra Magna

Irrie

Now I'm going to work on a history of colonial Terra Magna, which will hopefully give me a foundation for the history of Hrawninn.

Can't wait to read it. As a history man myself (though I have a specialty in military history), if you need help just give a holler.

And you will have to wait no longer.

I now plan on writing a record of what happened between colonial Terra Magna and present day.

Read it. It's awesome. Pointed out a couple of concerns already on the webpage itself.

I hope you will allow us, the players, to have a hand in things that directly affected the origins of our countries.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Now I'm going to work on a history of colonial Terra Magna, which will hopefully give me a foundation for the history of Hrawninn.

Can't wait to read it. As a history man myself (though I have a specialty in military history), if you need help just give a holler.

And you will have to wait no longer.

I now plan on writing a record of what happened between colonial Terra Magna and present day.

Read it. It's awesome. Pointed out a couple of concerns already on the webpage itself.

I hope you will allow us, the players, to have a hand in things that directly affected the origins of our countries.

Of course. What, you'd think I'd do that much work?  :P

• Upvote 3

bZpOwEr

Moving to FCM as requested (and you're probably right that it would fit better in there, after all).

Yay!  Thanks Windy.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

"Royal" family of Po-Mataru:

(I don't care enough to come up with generations preceding the following, and plus, Po-Mataru wasn't founded before the following)

(This definitely wouldn't fit in Bionicle canon)

P'tew & M'disi: Founded Po-Mataru whilst they were Toa, became Turaga shortly afterward, are currently the Turaga and queens of Po-Mataru.

Galani and Sparos: A Ga-Toa and a Bo-Toa, wed to one another, included on this list because of their daughter, Genama.

Patannu: P'tew crafted a brown Hau which she then placed into the life-granting rays at the holy place of Po-Mataru, creating Patannu, he remained a Matoran for a while.

Genama: Became a Toa the same time as Patannu, but is far younger, eventually married him and the two had two sons.

Petewa and Medis: Named after the queens, the Po-Matoran and Bo-Matoran are brothers, and currently Matoran.

Amaka: Ta-Matoran Adopted into the royal family, bronze armoured aside from his mask, a red Kakama, adoptive brother of Petewa and Medis.

• Upvote 2

"Royal" family of Po-Mataru:

(I don't care enough to come up with generations preceding the following, and plus, Po-Mataru wasn't founded before the following)

(This definitely wouldn't fit in Bionicle canon)

P'tew & M'disi: Founded Po-Mataru whilst they were Toa, became Turaga shortly afterward, are currently the Turaga and queens of Po-Mataru.

Galani and Sparos: A Ga-Toa and a Bo-Toa, wed to one another, included on this list because of their daughter, Genama.

Patannu: P'tew crafted a brown Hau which she then placed into the life-granting rays at the holy place of Po-Mataru, creating Patannu, he remained a Matoran for a while.

Genama: Became a Toa the same time as Patannu, but is far younger, eventually married him and the two had two sons.

Petewa and Medis: Named after the queens, the Po-Matoran and Bo-Matoran are brothers, and currently Matoran.

Amaka: Ta-Matoran Adopted into the royal family, bronze armoured aside from his mask, a red Kakama, adoptive brother of Petewa and Medis.

Are you saying that these matoran reproduce? Yeah, that doesn't sit too well with me... Irrie and Bonkle? You guys are the starters of this game, what do you say about it?

Still trying to get that map up, still failing. >_<

I like all this backstory we're getting, can't wait to see where it goes when we start the actual roleplay!

Just be patient with Brickshelf.

You got two history guys, there better be some nice backstory. :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

snippity snip

Are you saying that these matoran reproduce? Yeah, that doesn't sit too well with me... Irrie and Bonkle? You guys are the starters of this game, what do you say about it?

scissors

cut

Hey, don't ask me. I'm no creator, just the first to jump on the bandwagon. :P

I'm gonna have to say no to Matoran reproducing. One of the things that makes Agori unique from Matoran is that they're much more human-like than Matoran. I don't really want that line to be blurred during the RP.

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

snippity snip

scissors

cut

I'm gonna have to say no to Matoran reproducing. One of the things that makes Agori unique from Matoran is that they're much more human-like than Matoran. I don't really want that line to be blurred during the RP.

It's not reproduction, it's technically two parents working together to build their "children" rather than a factory spamming them out.

snippity snip

scissors

cut

It's not reproduction, it's technically two parents working together to build their "children" rather than a factory spamming them out.

What, like the movie Robots? :lol:

I am alright with 'correcting' things that could have been done better in Lego's canon, but there are some things that were well established and it would be weird to break.those kinds of things (especially in relation to the Matoran Universe). I think it should be that matoran production facilities would only make more to fill up the Matoran Universe and produce more one at a time in accordance to population, environment, and what tasks need to be done, not spam them out liek the modern human population. Now, all of that was done from the inside of the Great Spirit Robot. It is possible that such machines with the right resources were replicated both Spherus and Terra Magna, but who is to say that they survived the mass revolts that engulfed Terra Magna? Who is in possession of these automatic machines that will be the key to the survival of MU races? I have a possible answer.

A knightly military order of MU beings whose sole purpose is the defense and maintenance of these machines. They would have to have a monastic state (like the Teutonic Order, but not expansive and corrupt) in order to be able to collect monetary tithes and resources to carry out their duty. i wouldn't be surprised if a Terra Magnan Kini-Nui was constructed near or around/over/atop these machines. In my project A Rude Awakening, Spherus Magna has an order that protects the Spherus Magnan Kini-Nui, called the Kini-Nui Canons (inspired by the Canon of The Lord's Temple from the Catholic Crusades in the Levant, Medieval Era:heavily armored knights that personally protected The Temple of Solomon), we could use the same thing here while adapting the MU automatic production machines. Sadly, I doubt a Turaga Takua will be it's Grandmaster and a Toa Tanma it's War Chaplain with all of their Paladins protecting the Temple and Mata Nui's Ignika inside on Terra Magna, like how it is in my stuff. :P Some other, random people will have to fill in those roles without the Ignika present. Now, who is going to play such an order and trying to preserve MU native freedom and survival? (I would volunteer but I am playing as a country already).

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

snippity snip

scissors

cut

There are three forms of reproduction within Po-Mataru, the canon one, is the most widely used, since it's the easiest and most effective, occasionally the Robots approach is taken, but it's not like Matoran building kits are widely produced, so the Robots approach is rather precarious, and there are often major personality or operational errors when it comes to building a Mataruan by hand. The third way is also rare, mostly because it's so heavily guarded, there's a magical-ish beam of light around which what is generally considered the most hallowed building in Po-Mataru was built, this light basically does what the three virtues symbol in MoL did with Jaller and Takanuva's masks, except with masks that haven't been worn by anyone yet.

Does that clear things up?

snippity snip

scissors

cut

There are three forms of reproduction within Po-Mataru, the canon one, is the most widely used, since it's the easiest and most effective, occasionally the Robots approach is taken, but it's not like Matoran building kits are widely produced, so the Robots approach is rather precarious, and there are often major personality or operational errors when it comes to building a Mataruan by hand. The third way is also rare, mostly because it's so heavily guarded, there's a magical-ish beam of light around which what is generally considered the most hallowed building in Po-Mataru was built, this light basically does what the three virtues symbol in MoL did with Jaller and Takanuva's masks, except with masks that haven't been worn by anyone yet.

Awh you got rid of all of my epic stuff.

Not exactly. What is the origin of such practices (baby robot kits)? Great Beings obviously didn't start that as they didn't get to see sentience unfold in their creation Velika looked like he could care less about anyone's feelings just so long as he could blend in, Mata Nui didn't seem to care about his realm until it was too late, and I doubt Makuta Teridax as the Great Spirit of the Matoran Universe would have given a crud about it either, preferring to make matoran himself during his reign so that he has loyal supporters who don't know the things the older matoran and other MU beings know.

i want me some Kini-Nui Canons. B-)

Sweet. Awesome as always. I wrote about how the Terra Magna Viceroy for Teridax was exiled. I may have missed it, but did you incorporate that or decide to do something different?  Just curious.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

snippity snip

scissors

cut

Awh you got rid of all of my epic stuff.

Not exactly. What is the origin of such practices (baby robot kits)? Great Beings obviously didn't start that as they didn't get to see sentience unfold in their creation Velika looked like he could care less about anyone's feelings just so long as he could blend in, Mata Nui didn't seem to care about his realm until it was too late, and I doubt Makuta Teridax as the Great Spirit of the Matoran Universe would have given a crud about it either, preferring to make matoran himself during his reign so that he has loyal supporters who don't know the things the older matoran and other MU beings know.

i want me some Kini-Nui Canons. B-)

There aren't "Baby robot kits" some idiots just choose to attempt to build a Matoran by hand rather than let the factories do it right.

I wonder how they would be able to construct the matoran brain so as to be able to be sentient. Not only that but their bodies are a really complex balance between some artificial flesh and a lot of artificial inorganic substances. I think a production machine would be needed prevent the most-likely completion of absolutely horrific-looking monsters, what with the flesh-bits going everywhere and a piston on a large tongue, for example.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I wonder how they would be able to construct the matoran brain so as to be able to be sentient. Not only that but their bodies are a really complex balance between some artificial flesh and a lot of artificial inorganic substances. I think a production machine would be needed prevent the most-likely completion of absolutely horrific-looking monsters, what with the flesh-bits going everywhere and a piston on a large tongue, for example.

Hence why most have commonsense enough to allow the factories to do their work.

...I thought you were defending this. Now it seems you agree with me. Excuse me if I go sit on The Toilet of Confusion...

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

...I thought you were defending this. Now it seems you agree with me. Excuse me if I go sit on The Toilet of Confusion...

Occasionally, people will try, but usually after many years studying the factories and the Matoran race.

98% of Po-Mataruan are built by factories, two percent are horribly disfigured.

Sweet. Awesome as always. I wrote about how the Terra Magna Viceroy for Teridax was exiled. I may have missed it, but did you incorporate that or decide to do something different?  Just curious.

I slightly changed it so that the Viceroy fled the city during its besieging rather than being exiled, but it's the same concept. 

And as for the Matoran thing, I believe that I learned somewhere that Matoran were created by machines that Turaga operated, and would be periodically brought into existence during the MU's timeline to replace a Matoran that may have gotten damaged or killed. It could be possible that Petewa's leaders got their hands on of one of these machines and used them to create their own Matoran for their nation.

bZpOwEr

I slightly changed it so that the Viceroy fled the city during its besieging rather than being exiled, but it's the same concept. 

And as for the Matoran thing, I believe that I learned somewhere that Matoran were created by machines that Turaga operated, and would be periodically brought into existence during the MU's timeline to replace a Matoran that may have gotten damaged or killed. It could be possible that Petewa's leaders got their hands on of one of these machines and used them to create their own Matoran for their nation.

The queens of Po-Mataru are Turaga.

Well in that case you have a Matoran creation machine to work with. 

bZpOwEr

Well in that case you have a Matoran creation machine to work with. 

I know, I've been calling it "The Factories" this entire time.

Occasionally, people will try, but usually after many years studying the factories and the Matoran race.

That's a rather large percentage of people that are willing to take sub-creation in their own hands. Maybe some have lived among organics for so long that they feel that they should be compelled to have feelings of deep love and have children, only such corruptions of their nature take shape in their 'child': horrible, corrupted, disfigured, and should never have seen the light of day. If any of them are fully sentient, however, it is the obligation of everyone to try and treat them with the respect that comes with such wisdom despite their origins. Doesn't mean everyone will, I bet lynchings occur.

Are you saying that you are one of the abominations in-story? :P

I was thinking that they would be large machines, building sized. Also, do you have a source for it being the turaga who create matoran? I am pretty sure it was Mata Nui himself who did that with automated machines (and why I said that Teridax could have replicated these for planets so populations could continue when he is gone).

so, neither of you like the Kini-Nui Canons idea? Oh well, it was worth a shot. I just thought that no nation should be able to potentially monopolize these 'matoran designers', like in warfare a country destroys everyone else's factory-like machines and they would be they could easily manipulate every other group to do as they say, 'for the sake of the survival of their kinds'. That's a military order with no ties to nationality comes into play and guards them.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

That's a rather large percentage of people that are willing to take sub-creation in their own hands. Maybe some have lived among organics for so long that they feel that they should be compelled to have feelings of deep love and have children, only such corruptions of their nature take shape in their 'child': horrible, corrupted, disfigured, and should never have seen the light of day. If any of them are fully sentient, however, it is the obligation of everyone to try and treat them with the respect that comes with such wisdom despite their origins. Doesn't mean everyone will, I bet lynchings occur.

I was thinking that they would be large machines, building sized. Also, do you have a source for it being the turaga who create matoran? I am pretty sure it was Mata Nui himself who did that with automated machines (and why I said that Teridax could have replicated these for planets so populations could continue when he is gone).

so, neither of you like the Kini-Nui Canons idea? Oh well, it was worth a shot. I just thought that no nation should be able to potentially monopolize these 'matoran designers', like in warfare a country destroys everyone else's factory-like machines and they would be they could easily manipulate every other group to do as they say, 'for the sake of the survival of their kinds'. That's a military order with no ties to nationality comes into play and guards them.

Hold up, I'm not rejecting the Kini-Nui Canons. In fact, they're the reason why I included the part about the gathering hall being built on top of Mount Moya. 

And I don't have an actual link for the source, but I remember reading one of Greg's responses relating to Turaga being the ones that built new Matoran. 

bZpOwEr

Sometimes "couples" will search through the Matoran fresh from the factories and choose them as their "children", such is the case with Amaka.

Yeah, I'm one of the abominations, more mentally than physically.

Hold up, I'm not rejecting the Kini-Nui Canons. In fact, they're the reason why I included the part about the gathering hall being built on top of Mount Moya. 

And I don't have an actual link for the source, but I remember reading one of Greg's responses relating to Turaga being the ones that built new Matoran.

Oh okay. :D then it is funny how they are created whether Teridax lives or dies at the Battle of Bara Magna, just that if he lives it takes longer.

I am sure you are remembering him explaining that the Turaga of Mata-Nui partially rebuilt the matoran of Mata-Nui with the very natural protodermis (energized protodermis in their tongue) that was used to transform the Toa Nuva.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Oh okay. :D then it is funny how they are created whether Teridax lives or dies at the Battle of Bara Magna, just that if he lives it takes longer.

I am sure you are remembering him explaining that the Turaga of Mata-Nui partially rebuilt the matoran of Mata-Nui with the very natural protodermis (energized protodermis in their tongue) that was used to transform the Toa Nuva.

Wait, didn't they use spare Bohrok parts to do that? 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Wait, didn't they use spare Bohrok parts to do that? 

I don't think so, I think they used the natural protodermis to undo the damage done to their bodies by being asleep for so long in those little pods.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

well this looks interesting

I may join

right, introducing Ko-Vara, the area always at war with itself.

you see, a group of anarchists continue to grow in the ice covered region of Ko-Vara, killing innocents and threatening the lives of many people in the area. so, of course the government fights back, and the hamster wheel of death rolls over and over and over.

well this looks interesting

I may join

right, introducing Ko-Vara, the area always at war with itself.

you see, a group of anarchists continue to grow in the ice covered region of Ko-Vara, killing innocents and threatening the lives of many people in the area. so, of course the government fights back, and the hamster wheel of death rolls over and over and over.

The Chaos Gods are pleased.

We already have a guy controlling two countries to give the appearance of a civil war, and while i think it should be fine you should see of Irrie is alright with it.

I am the Enlightened Despot (King) of Pohan-Vor.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Grr, a couple of questions that could have been answered a little better has resulted in me being a psychotic dictator. In my heart, I will always be a 'Father Knows Best' state.

I find the band Irfan and the album Beautitudes by Brian Stanley fits my country the most. A blend of things worldly and ancient, and suspiciously the possible music of the future.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Must you think ill of every nice deed?

Anyway, i was able to upload music from this album I have found no info on the internet about. I tend to listen to this album while roleplaying as di Dihagsidi-Shah'hi Deeni-Ta'ali, and i imagine that it is some of the music Vorox play (minus language differences)

https://youtu.be/Z3IhsXzgAv4

EDIT: If anyone is curious, I create the Vorox language by combining Farsi with Navajo, and a touch of Matoran. Examples of Matoran touch can be found in the words Tsui, combining Navajo 'Tsoh' with 'Nui', and Dihagsidi, combining Farsi (I think the word was 'Dihisidi') with 'Hagah'.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Tribal Matoran is just Maori with some occasional letter changes.

Also, the way Irrie phrased the timeskip, with that whole "must avoid war" thing made me think bad things were happening.

Well yeah, everyone knows that.

He was probably being over dramatic, or assumed that I must be doing something dastardly because my guy is being too nice, and that the Vorox are spooky scary people and must be evil because they are not Matoran.

*thick accent* Irrie, are you racist towards my people?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png