Your BZP Routine

Underscore

What is your routine when you go to BZPower? When you click on that 'Enter the BZPower Forums' button on the right of the homepage, where do you go first, second, and third? I usually check to see if there's any substantial pieces of news, then I go to the G&T forum and post in whatever games I'm playing, then I go and skim through Bionicle discussion and General discussion to see if there's anything interesting.

2xu8Ptu.png

I have the /board bookmarked, so I only check the front page once or twice per day whereas I check the Forums like a hundred times. My go-to topics are the Bionicle 2015 topic, General Discussion, and whatever two or three news talkback topics I'm interested in. Sometimes I'll post in a CoT game.

I also usually see if there's anything new in the Blog, even if I'm not very active there.

IetTsFQ.png

*opens forum index*

*scrolls*

*if forum is dark blue and of current interest, right clicks on the link to the forum and hits "Open in New Tab"*

*does the same thing for notifications*

*goes through all the tabs, hitting the Next Unread Topic button*

*goes to the blogs and does the exact same thing*

*resurfaces from BZP two hours later, wondering why all the projects on my to-do list take forever to finish*

*lampoons self for being lazy*

*goes to do game stuff and homework*

*gets bored and tired of that*

*opens forum index*

• Upvote 2

I have a more regular weekly routine than I do a daily one, where I'll go through the week's topics when I find the time, usually on Fridays. This is more for purposes of moderating and making sure things are going smoothly. I mark each forum as read as I go through it so that I can repeat things the next week. A more daily thing for me, though, is to go through the reports sent in and see what needs to be done. The thrilling life of a moderator, I know.

If I'm hosting a contest or a game (and I'm doing both right now, nifty), then I'll certainly go to those topics each day and see what's going on. I'll check the status update page too. But after that, I don't really have a routine - I'll lurk on the board index, in the Blogs, or in the Tracker at random, and if I find something interesting (usually in the Creative Outlet) I'll post.

I feel like I'm rather frenetic when it comes to lurking, which may be an oxymoron. I just like to refresh the page a lot, that's all. : P

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

Me? I start by looking at my notifications and PMs if there are any. Then, I see what kind of posts are in the blogs section. Afterwards, I check on the Games and Trivia section to see if there are any updates in the game topics.

Yeah... I don't really do much. I used to be way more active back in the day.

Edited by FF the Forgotten

pWPTu7m.jpg

I skip the homepage and go straight to the forum. 

1. Check the news.
  2. Check the bionicle discussion. 
  3. Check the lego discussion.
  4. Check the creative outlet. (I make myself envious every time I visit this subforum.)
  5. Check the games & more subforum. (I keep coming back incase a new assignment on Corpus begins.)
  6. Check the general & COT subforums. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I usually go to the Bionicle RPG forum first, make sure everything's running tickety-boo and perhaps putting up a few posts in the BZPRPG. Then I skim over all the boards and see if there have been any posts in any forums I'm interested in. A pit stop in the Blogs and a layover in Off-Topic Culture, and I usually finish off with checking out the front page.

I usually check the frontpage first to see if any interesting news has been posted, which I then check out if that is indeed the case. I then enter the forums and check the Bionicle Forum, G&T, New and Discussion Forum, and General Discussion Forums in no particular order. I then check my blog to see if anyone posted a comment to one of entries. And then if I have something interesting to blog about, I make an entry for it. After that, I sometimes randomly check other forums for anything interesting before either going to a forum I regularly visit or just leaving the site in general.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Click my bookmark on A Rude Awakening, check S&T, sometimes go on Bionicle Discussion and BBS. After that, I check the news.

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_2.jpg 
Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection:

I have them all :P

green = all, blue = partial, black = none

Only non-promotionals counted

• Make sure nothing is on fire in the blogs

• Staff Stuff

Lego Discussion

See if anything new's in the blogs

General Discussion

Look for a topic to make some sarcastic post in

Edited by Ta-metru_defender
  • Upvote 4

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

1. Login to my account.

2. Check at my own "My Content" to see any new comments in the topics I previously post in.

3. If there's no new post, I'll go surfing the main forum and see if there's any interesting topics.

4. If have, I'll post if I can get what the topic is about.

5. If no, I log out and surfing other Lego forums like Eurobricks.

Same thing repeat and repeat again almost everyday.

See if I have any notifications; if so, check them. If not, look through the new threads and see if there are any that interest me. After that, either check out Bionicle discussion, look down the recently posted-in threads on the main page, or just leave.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Even now that I just visit, my routine is essentially the same. That is, I go straight for S&T, scan for interesting topics, then scan the main forums page for interesting topics, then check the blogs for interesting entries, then leave. Or refresh, if the Cubs are losing terribly and I don't want to think about it, like tonight.

How well will you die?

Check CoT. Make posts in CoT. Refresh CoT, waiting for a reason to make more posts.

Check out blogs and see if there's anything I care about.

Wait for PMs. Cry when no PMs. 

Peruse the rest of the forum and see if there's a topic with anything for me to talk about. 

Give up on the site "for good", and return in about eight months. 

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

My routine here lately is as follows:

- Check Front Page for news (Pretty easy to do since my homepage is still that page)

- Check the blogs for anything interest

- Check Completely Off Topic forum (Mostly just for General Video Games topic there)

- Repeat every a hour or so

If I am logged in, I usually added this to routine as well:

- Check Convention & Event Planning forum

- Check BioniLUG Forum (I try to check that forum regularly as I feel like it is good to keep up to date on things since I am member and all.)

Honestly I would like add stuff like checking out stories in library forums in my routine, but working 40 hours a week doesn't really leave me motivated to spent several hours on a review like I used to. (Admittedly it might due my experience with the old Critics Club as well since that left a bit of a mental imprint of it being "work" and all.)

*shrugs*

- JMJ 2015

*refresh My Content page*

*check messages and notifications*

*read whatever topics that have new posts that I last read within the past couple of days*

*go to front page and skim the news, looking for something interesting*

*go to main forum page and skim, looking for something interesting*

*don't post anything and instead lurk. Seriously, I've been here for about 2 and a half years and I only have 604 posts.*

*return to My Content page*

*play video games and watch Youtube videos*

*refresh My Content page and repeat*

Edited by Arzaki

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.