Lower quality Technic pieces?

abstractAgamid

I got one of the newer Mixels recently, and the axle pieces that come with it (a black 4-length and and a grey one with a small ball joint) seem lower quality those in previous years. They're less shiny and just look like they're more ductile. Did the type of plastic for these pieces get changed recently?

I checked and the 4L does seem to have the Lego logo on it.

Edited by abstractAgamid

I got 41152 Berp recently, and the axle pieces that come with it (a black 4-length and and a grey one with a small ball joint) seem lower quality those in previous years. They're less shiny and just look like they're more ductile. Did the type of plastic for these pieces get changed recently?

I checked and the 4L does seem to have the Lego logo on it.

I have not seen or heard anything that would indicate that that was the case. But then, I haven't gotten any sets as recent as the newest series of Mixels. I would consider it unlikely that there's any change in the materials used for the parts in question (considering the materials for parts like Technic axles have been standardized for years), but a change in the molds could just as easily result in a different surface finish (i.e. making them "less shiny").

It's worth pointing out that quality differences do not necessarily equate to quality decreases. It's entirely possible that the molds of the respective parts were purposefully replaced with a newer variety—molds wear out over time, and for parts that have been in use for as long as the parts in question, it's not inconceivable that Lego might think they were due for an update. Unless the parts FUNCTION more poorly than older ones, assuming that the quality has been lowered is jumping to conclusions.

In any case, would you mind sharing pictures comparing the parts in question with older varieties? Without any images to go on the most I can do is speculate.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother