Ackar: The Fiery Legend - Ackar Revamp

joev14

Whew. Well. It's been quite a long time now, hasn't it? But hey! You guys are used to waiting, right?

*Joev awkwardly laughs as everyone just stares*

But seriously. You may recognize me for my previous Rahi revamps, from way back in January/February. As some of you may recall, I mentioned having seven MOCs build and ready to post (I only posted three back in February). And that was very true. However, when I went to take the pictures and found that my camera was in fact, broken. Yay... Well, now that I've gotten it fixed, I am once again able to show you guys these MOCs! So, here's my next set of revamps, the four main Glatorian from 2009!

First up, is Ackar: The Fiery Legend

"If any Glatorian could be considered a living legend, it was he. He was older now, maybe not as fearsome as in centuries past, but when he spoke, other Glatorian always listened."
— Narrator, Raid on Vulcanus

img_0994edit.jpg

Front

(I accidentally overwrote the enlarged version of this one without making a backup >_<)

img_0998edit.jpg

Back

img_1001edit.jpg

Comparison

img_1000edit.jpg

Action Pose

Since I've made you guys wait so long, I'll be posting Gresh this weekend, followed by Kiina sometime this next week. Lastly, I'll finish off with the prize of the collection, Mata Nui, sometime next weekend. Stick around and enjoy, I promise you won't be disappointed! :D

• Upvote 2

cartainly spruces up the old hahli-inika clone while retaining a semblence of his armor shaping. o:

if i had to critique though, i'd probably say the arms are (still) kinda awkwardly long, and the torso on your revamp is just so... red. compared to how orange we're all used to the guy being, that is. :0

He would've needed that manly mustache to be a Hahli Inika clone.

But that's irrelevant, this MOC definitely captivates the shape of an inika torso without being one, which is very difficult for something so detailed as an Inika torso, I congratulate you.

cartainly spruces up the old hahli-inika clone while retaining a semblence of his armor shaping. o:

if i had to critique though, i'd probably say the arms are (still) kinda awkwardly long, and the torso on your revamp is just so... red. compared to how orange we're all used to the guy being, that is. :0

The ratios of size and color is pretty similar to the original build. He actually has more orange on his arms and legs than the original did.

He would've needed that manly mustache to be a Hahli Inika clone.

But that's irrelevant, this MOC definitely captivates the shape of an inika torso without being one, which is very difficult for something so detailed as an Inika torso, I congratulate you.

Actually, underneath all that greebling lies a simple inika torso build. :P 

Nice job! :) Besides being a bulkier, more believable version, my favorite additions are the trans-orange Bohrok teeth and Lego System parts. The orange studs, slopes, and plates are interesting additions, helping to flesh the character out. I also like the trans-orange grilles on the arms; they make sense for a character who gives off heat! :P My favorite parts are the starfishes on the feet and all the Bohrok teeth!

Nice work and thanks for posting! :)