Toa Hagah armor and weapon questions

I plan on making customs of the other four Toa Hagah, but there are some things on which I'm having trouble deciding so I'm asking for suggestions.

One of those things would be who gets what accent armor color. My normal inclination would be to divide it by traditional element groupings (Ice-Water-Air, Fire-Stone-Earth), but what's making me hesitate there is the fact that doing so would make Kualus white-and-gold like a Toa of Light.

I'm also not certain what pieces to use for their spearheads. The only specific idea I have for one is to maybe use a Panrahk staff head for Gaaki's Tidal Spear, since it looks trident-like.

If white and gold for Kualus is a problem, try white and silver, or even introduce a third metallic color like gunmetal. It can be good to have a system but if the system is causing problems sometimes it's better to go with your gut instinct and improvise a bit more.

What is this even for, specifically? If it's for a purist MOC, then colors other than gold and silver might be risky due to there being fewer armor and weapon parts in those colors. But if it's for an art project or non-purist MOC you could even use colors like copper that rarely appear in Bionicle. I wouldn't recommend a different armor color for EVERY Toa Hagah, because then some might start to feel a bit random or forced. But three different colors for two Toa each might give you a bit more freedom than two different colors for three Toa each.

Also, don't forget — the Toa Hagah didn't just use their elemental color and metallic color. Norik had a black gearbox and Iruini had a black chest cover. Using a black gearbox on Kualus might be enough to help keep him from looking like a Toa of Light, depending on what armor piece you use over top of it. Still, I'd probably recommend a color other than gold for him in order to prevent confusion.

• Upvote 1

Petewa, sand blue wouldn't really fit considering that going by Norik and Iruini, the Hagah use the same main colors as the Metru.

Aanchir, what this is for is for the sake of having the other four to go with my Norik and Iruini.

You mentioned gunmetal - I'd thought of that too, using it for Gaaki and Pouks and dividing things up by elemental opposite. Of course, doing that would mean having to paint a pair of the Rhotuka-launching shields gunmetal (which only came in gold and silver), which I'm not sure I want to do (even though I'd paint a gold one a brighter gold in a heartbeat). As for using a black gearbox... I'm hesitant to do that because I already have a spare white gearbox set aside for Kualus.

Assuming I went with silver for Kualus and stuck to just gold and silver, that leaves one more slot for silver armor and two slots for gold armor, and the question of which slot should be assigned to which of the remaining three Hagah.

Still looking for input on what pieces to use for the spearheads, too. Also for what pieces to use as chest armor.

For spearheads, I might recommend Rahkshi staffs, but considering the Rahaga already use those, maybe not. If you DO end up doing this, stay away from Turahk's Staff of Fear (it's shaped like flames). You may be able to pull it off using one of Pohatu Nuva's Climbing Claws. Nuju's Crystal Spike could also work.

For chest armor, any of the Bohrok-Kal's hand shields could work, other than Gahlok-Kal (Iruini already uses it) and Tahnok-Kal (again, the flames) but they might not look right. You could try Toa Nuva chest armor, but I'm not sure how that would look. There were also metallic Pahrak and Gahlok hand shields in the Exo-Toa and Takanuva sets, respectively.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese
  • Upvote 1

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Ooh, a Crystal Spike would work nicely. I think it would be good as Bomonga's spearhead. As for a Climbing Claw, if I were to use that who would it best go with?

Maybe Gaaki. Kind of like some sort of fishing spear, I guess?

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water