Toa Don Disguises

Onuki

Toa Don Disguises

Spectators Spooked

toadondisguisesbanner.png

The six tactical Toa adopted a new strategy yesterday in their continuing conflict with malicious Mata Nui-malefactor Makuta.  Advised by longtime Turaga and one-time bungee jumper Matau, the heroes at last accepted the assistance of an advisor whose Kanohi Mahiki qualifies him “both as a master of illusion and of good-natured practical jokes.”

After caving in to pressure from a wise Gali, laughable Lewa, and ornery Onua, the rest of the Toa agreed both that they should attempt to disguise themselves from the Makuta by wearing atypical Kanohi and that they should take advantage of Matau’s “Fancy Restaurant Friday” specials more often.  Lewa eloquently explained, “With a different mask, they won’t know who it is!”  While the Toa’s braver half disagreed with its smarter half on the subject of which Kanohi are better for purposes of concealment, all halves agreed that the Fried Fikou Burgers at Matau’s eatery are to die for.

Toa frontman of both a group of heroes and several unpopular garage bands Tahu was the first to try the new ploy out, borrowing his dubious Turaga’s Huna in a bid to more easily evade a protuberant Kapura in Ta-Koro’s otherwise calm charred forest.  Sources note that the move may also reflect the fiery Toa’s desire to avoid further entrapment in Rahi traps.

Meanwhile, wise Toa of Water Gali has enjoyed frequent use of her Turaga’s Komau, using its puissant power of mind control both to create intricate patterns of fish schools and to avoid unnecessary underwater collisions.  A substantially impressed Hahli remarked that “all animals’ aquatic accidents are down 50%.”

Toa of a dense jungle known both for its random Rahi attacks and its efficient roadside eateries, air aficionado Lewa has turned to the Kanohi Akaku in an attempt to anticipate both Rama swarms and rancid Matoran cooking.  So far, the strategy has been a success, with the airheaded Toa evading 100% of the 20% of Rahi attacks he could foresee.  Sources report a similar success rate for running from rambunctious restauranteurs.

Trading a dastardly dessert for a drought-ridden desert, Toa Pohatu of Stone has used this opportunity to finally overcome his fear of water with a carefully-calibrated Kanohi Kaukau.  While initially impressive, he has not been seen since, leading top Ga-Koronan experts to believe he is “either swimming with the fishes or he is swimming with the fishes.”

Taciturn Toa Kopaka was unavailable for comment, but sources reveal that his recent penchant for the Kanohi Ruru has allowed him to “finally find out what those Ko-Matoran do all night.”  (Sources also reveal that the answer is allegedly the same as what they do all day, namely nothing.)

Unless counting height, last but not least Toa Onua of Earth has wisely worn the Kanohi Hau, Great Mask of Shielding.  While disguise from Makuta is less of a concern underground, the magnanimous mask has conveniently allowed him to cleverly circumvent Onu-Koro’s copious cave-ins.  The straight-shooting and low-lying Toa has emphasized his doughty desire for a simple mask that harks back to a time when Toa fought enemies who had the decency to lengthily display themselves before attacking.  “And it’s great for cave-ins,” he added.  “As long as I look up in time, it’s no sweat.”

• Upvote 9

Bwhahahaha, well done. The funny thing is, with different masks the actual sets look like very different characters. I have a Kaukau for both Tahu and Kopaka, and a black Huna that works for Onua; but I can barely stand seeing them like that, they just look so different. Best disguise ever!

• Upvote 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Bwhahahaha, well done. The funny thing is, with different masks the actual sets look like very different characters. I have a Kaukau for both Tahu and Kopaka, and a black Huna that works for Onua; but I can barely stand seeing them like that, they just look so different. Best disguise ever!

Thanks! That's so true. :P I also have some Kaukaus, so I know what you mean. I guess what has always irked me about the mask lore is that the Toa allegedly run around wearing only their signature mask most of the time. :P

Initial response to reading title: Who's Toa Don?

After reading: Oh.

Maybe the confusion was deliberate. :P

XD some hilarious references to MNOG here [ :P] And the .gif is excellent, too [:P] I love trying out new masks on my Toa, especially a rare orange Pakari on Tahu and Vakama [:P]

Thanks, bioFanatic! :) The gif was very rewarding to finish. :) I agree that trying out different masks is one of the great appeals of Bionicle. :) And yes, I am familiar with the rare orange Pakari on Tahu and Vakama trick. :P

Hey, I've got the Kaukau! I like your choice of masks.

Thanks! :P I tried to balance Great and Noble ones and keep the situations funny.

Thanks, guys!

Taciturn Toa Kopaka was unavailable for comment, but sources reveal that his recent penchant for the Kanohi Ruru has allowed him to “finally find out what those Ko-Matoran do all night.”  (Sources also reveal that the answer is allegedly the same as what they do all day, namely nothing.)

That one got me. XD

Noticed some occasional alliteration in the story; was that purposeful?

Edited by Kopekemaster
  • Upvote 1
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

That one got me. XD

Noticed some occasional alliteration in the story; was that purposeful?

Someone finally found a use for the Ruru. :P

Yes, the alliteration absolutely was deliberate. :)