Top Toa Tied

Onuki

Top Toa Tied

Voters Vastly Vexed

toptoatiedbanner.png

The top news this morning remains a circuitous contest of wills between Toa leader hopefuls Tahu of Fire and Kopaka of Ice.  In an extremely complicated process, all registered Toa cast ballots for one candidate or the other last night.  However, dismayed sources indicate that the two trepidation-torn Toa are tied.

According to inside sources rumored to be a bored team of Onu-Koronan miners, indistinctive Toa Onua and Pohatu have both voted for hothead and longtime leader favorite Tahu, voting along Kaita party lines and following both centuries of tradition and wily Ga-Koronan political analysts’ predictions.  Deviant Toa Gali and Lewa, however, have instead cast ballots in favor of icy underdog Kopaka, reportedly very anxious to vote for “anyone besides Tahu.”

The tie might have stopped there thanks to the Toa’s controversial policy of allowing candidates not only to vote but also to vote for themselves, but political gurus have reported that both cunning candidates have indeed predictably cast ballots for their own campaigns, although Tahu allegedly had great difficulty locating the ballot box.

In an attempt to bring the extended election to a conclusion, political enthusiasts the island over have been writing letters, having arguments, and making phone calls hoping to sway the mind of just one obstinate voter.  As of yet no minds are reported to be changed, but the Onu-Koronan printing industry has come into full swing, with hapless Gukko bird pilots dropping a myriad of political pamphlets across Mata Nui.  “It’s like rain, but with pamphlets,” explained a savvy Taipu of Onu-Koro.

With the election deadline and threat of Makuta looming, the island’s inhabitants have been turning to increasingly outrageous plans of action for bringing the contest to a close.  Turaga Onewa has cancelled all upcoming Koli matches, Nuparu has invented a prodigious and superfluous ballot-counting machine, and Kapura has embarked upon an island-wide journey to talk with voters and give impromptu speeches.  A courageous Toa Lewa has even announced his own candidacy on behalf of a third, greener party.

In light of the stalemate, each Toa’s supporters remain steadfast, with both parties reasoning that “their glass is half empty, and ours is half full.”  The candidates themselves have had to return to combating the Makuta, but both also remain resolute.  “I’m on fire,” Tahu maintained.  “If anyone, it’s Kopaka’s fault that this election process is frozen.”

• Upvote 9

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, guys!

"A courageous Toa Lewa has even announced his own candidacy on behalf of a third, greener party."

XD this made me actually LOL, which is quite an achievement these days [ :P]

Thanks! :P I didn't do it on purpose, but the title on the banner is green; I think maybe the real winner is going to be Lewa after all... :P

• Upvote 2

Thanks, guys!

"A courageous Toa Lewa has even announced his own candidacy on behalf of a third, greener party."

XD this made me actually LOL, which is quite an achievement these days [ :P]

Thanks! :P I didn't do it on purpose, but the title on the banner is green; I think maybe the real winner is going to be Lewa after all... :P

I know I'd vote for 'im, he sure knows how to grab attention.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for your help, Petewa! :)

How do I make it so they aren't all only Le-Matoran?

As I believe is discussed somewhere in The Legendary TNT's spinoff MNOLG Kit topic, there are two main ways. In both cases, you will first want to click up the folder path on Roablin's Brickshelf in order to find the color chart (and many other useful things!) if you haven't already. This color chart allows you to replace each of the nine shades of teal and green on any of the MNOLG Kit objects with any of the many colors provided!

The first way only requires MS Paint and involves using the color selection tool twice (once with each side's mouse click) in order to right-click with the eraser tool and replace all of the old color with the new one you want. It doesn't require additional programs but it does require you to manually move the mouse over all the areas to be recolored.

The second way is to use a photo editing software such as Photoshop or GIMP and basically do the same thing to replace the colors, except you can tell the program to do it for you automatically once you've told it what the two colors in question are. This is the way I usually do it, since among other things, you always know you didn't miss anything. :)

You can also recolor lots of things to the same color at once, saving you time when you later need only a specific object or two. I've just started doing this, but that's already one trick I've found!

If you have any further questions, The Official How To Make Comics Topic is probably the best place to ask and/or look around, but hopefully I've answered enough to get you started! :) Just make sure to follow BZP's file size and format rules, and use .PNG's until you're going to turn them into an animated .GIF, etc.

Thanks for your interest in the banners/kit and have fun! :)