BBC#71 - Horror Hound

Another MOC from me - and this time, it IS my entry to BBC#71. The first BBC contest I'm participating in to be more specific. So I made a part-ghoul, part-demon evil dog thing - meet the Horror Hound!

22294463522_148daf5aa7_z.jpg

So yeah, when I saw the theme of the latest BBC contest, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. It was basically an excuse to put all those delicious Spring Yellowish Green parts from the Ninjago Possession sets I've been stocking up on to good use! I would have really liked to have made the Horror Hound Dark Blue instead of Black, but eh, no Dark Blue CCBS exists sadly :(

I really like how the head came out on this model, and really it all stemmed from the desire to use the Skull Army armour add-on as a jaw piece, and it was more successful than I originally thought it would be.

So fear the night of All Hallow's Eve, for the Horror Hound is here to hunt you down and consume your soul...  :evilbiggrin:

And some more pictures for your viewing delight... try not to get too scared now  :evilgrin:

22294463842_55b6bf23a5_z.jpg

21684649274_07bbdf5bb9_z.jpg

22307379925_2d09e79e6e_z.jpg

dscn6722.jpg

dscn6726.jpg

Anyway, enjoy. Comments, upvotes and the like much appreciated  :)

• Upvote 5

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

Not bad at all! :D Contrary to Joev's comment, I'm actually a fan of the jaw. Who said it had to look exactly like a hound? The weird shaping and brilliant use of the black and ghost-green make for the perfect monster. The paws seem a bit small, and I'm not sure about the small number of toes, but in comparison to the overall design and shaping, I think it can be overlooked. :) 

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Not a fan of the upper jaw. It should really be redesigned. Get rid of the overhang on the sides of the face. Incidentally...does it have two tongues? o_O

Well, I spent so long getting the head to fit together, the last thing I want to do is rip it apart and start again, let me tell you that :P  I guess by overhang you mean the overhang near the nose? It actually hides some of the ugly inner structure of the head and only that shell does the job unfortunately. On the tongues: depends on how you want to look at it. Two tongues helps give it that sense of monstrousness.

Not bad at all! :D Contrary to Joev's comment, I'm actually a fan of the jaw. Who said it had to look exactly like a hound? The weird shaping and brilliant use of the black and ghost-green make for the perfect monster. The paws seem a bit small, and I'm not sure about the small number of toes, but in comparison to the overall design and shaping, I think it can be overlooked. :)

Certainly wasn't me, I intended to give it a face that vaguely resembled a dog's head so it looked enough like a hound so I could call it a horror hound, but at the same time make it look monstrous and demonic enough to look genuinely frightening. The feet, well, it was a case where the large beast feet were too big and the small beast feet were too small (Piraka feet wouldn't have fitted the general aesthetic and there was no way I was giving it the clown shoes often known as 2.0 feet either :P ), so I went with the smaller feet, given some dogs have relatively small paws in comparison to their bodies. I'd like it to have more toes, sure, but I'd run out of yellowish green claws by that point  :P

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!