LEGO Shares Ekimu Art to Promote #BionicleMaskMaker Challenge

The Mask Maker Challenge is well underway over on the official LEGO Bionicle Facebook page, and in order to build excitement, LEGO has shared a new painting by Matt Betteker. This artwork depicts Ekimu the Mask Maker in his forge, where he's prepared a space for the three winning entries on his wall of Master Creations! As always in Betteker's artwork, there are lots of great details for keen-eyed viewers to spot. Follow the link above to check out the new artwork!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

Even though Bionicle G2 doesn't have Faber, their artists are still excellent. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I'm not all that into the new Bionicle, but I've got to say, I'm really refreshed by the fact that G2 characters are allowed to eat and drink and do normal people things.

Quite interesting to look at it. LOL!:P I am not sure if coffee is canon, but okay. Things in Bionicle G2 are going hilarious these days, but that is very nice artwork!:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

This is some really beautiful artwork. Ekimu looks really cool in this. But what interests me most about this is the city in the background. It kind of reminds me of a modern city one would see on earth. One can see roads leading to it, and what looks like a suburban neighborhood in front of the city. Even though I think the artist was painting the City of the Mask Makers, I definitely think that he took inspiration from a city on earth when he made this artwork. 

• Upvote 3

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm not all that into the new Bionicle, but I've got to say, I'm really refreshed by the fact that G2 characters are allowed to eat and drink and do normal people things. 

Yeah, I totally agree!

It's kind of a shame the actual story so far has been mostly just action without much of this type of slice-of-life appeal we see in the paintings that have been posted to Facebook. Part of me is still hoping we get a story where the Toa have to make camp for the night and help Pohatu overcome his fear of the dark. But then another part of me says I should quit hoping and try to write that story myself, since I can't get it out of my head. :P

In any case, the story next year seems to be getting bigger (four 30-minute episodes instead of eighteen 90-second episodes). Hopefully the bigger it gets, the more time there will be to focus on things other than fighting and destiny.

• Upvote 4

It's non-canon, kids. It's just like Free the Band. Don't buy into it. 

Kid: Aww come on!! Ekimu has this really cool spaceship mom! 

Part of me is still hoping we get a story where the Toa have to make camp for the night and help Pohatu overcome his fear of the dark. But then another part of me says I should quit hoping and try to write that story myself, since I can't get it out of my head. :P

Do it! Do it! Do it!

It's non-canon, kids. It's just like Free the Band.

who told you these lies

free the band is the single most important piece of bionicle canon ever produced

BS01 did it.

BS01 is obviously a front for Rock Yachts. Which is in turn a front for the evil band-napping Piraka!

Wake up, sheeple!

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother