Three Virtues Tattoo

Vahkiti Master of Time

So I've been planning to get this done for years, (especially since the forging of my Vahi last fall) but recent events have finally allowed me the means to do so. I like to think of it as a slightly belated birthday present from myself, to myself. ...That being said, it still hurt like nobody's bloody business. xD

RjPM0GY.jpg      4Llz0W6.jpg

Now remind me to never do something this painful again. It was well worth it though. I have something new to wear with my mask. :P

• Upvote 11

BZP2024.jpg

Admin of Mask Of Destiny. Founder of The Beaverhouse, Litestone, & 810NICLE Day.

Sigh...

As a person who has gone through far more painful events and physically-altering situations in my lifetime, i can predict you'll regret this one day.

Nothing else to say, really.

No, actually, you CAN'T predict that. With all due respect, please don't act like you know anything about me, or imply that I went into this without thinking. I may not quite look it, but I just turned 24 this month. I'm not just some stupid kid who got drunk one night and stumbled into a tattoo shop. I did in fact put many years of thought and consideration into this, and I would appreciate being addressed with a little more respect, and a little less condescension, thank you so very kindly.

Edited by Vahkiti Master of Time
  • Upvote 15

BZP2024.jpg

Admin of Mask Of Destiny. Founder of The Beaverhouse, Litestone, & 810NICLE Day.

I'm someone who's flip-flopped on the idea of getting a tattoo (I love them, but I'd probably get cold feet if I actually tried to psyche myself up to get one =P), but I love how well your tattoo turned out.

And it does look great with that Vahi I see hanging over your shoulder. You made it yourself? Sweet!

-Inferna

• Upvote 2

I'm someone who's flip-flopped on the idea of getting a tattoo (I love them, but I'd probably get cold feet if I actually tried to psyche myself up to get one =P), but I love how well your tattoo turned out.

And it does look great with that Vahi I see hanging over your shoulder. You made it yourself? Sweet!

-Inferna

Thanks! ^-^ It honestly took me quite a few years just go get the nerve up to do it, so don't feel bad. And that's not even counting the time spent actually considering it and getting the money together. 

The Vahi? Nah, I had that commissioned from various different sources and people over a period of about two years. One person made the model, then I did a Shapeways print, then that was made into a ceramic mold by somebody else and forged in bronze. :P

BZP2024.jpg

Very cool! How long did the whole thing take? And also, if I may ask, why did you choose this particular symbol of bionicle over other ones?

The whole process took about an hour to complete. I'm still a little nervous about the healing process, but it should be fine. As for the choice.. I dunno. I just felt that it was the most iconic symbol for the series, and the one with the most personal meaning.

• Upvote 2

BZP2024.jpg

Looks goodt.

Sigh...

As a person who has gone through far more painful events and physically-altering situations in my lifetime, i can predict you'll regret this one day.

No, actually, you CAN'T predict that. With all due respect, please don't act like you know anything about me, or imply that I went into this without thinking. I may not quite look it, but I just turned 24 this month. I'm not just some stupid kid who got drunk one night and stumbled into a tattoo shop. I did in fact put many years of thought and consideration into this, and I would appreciate being addressed with a little more respect, and a little less condescension, thank you so very kindly.

It's about time somebody said that to Ghiddy.

Edited by Petewa
  • Upvote 4

Whoa, that's really neat! I don't think I could ever work up the courage to get a tattoo, but I'm glad to see you're not afraid to do what you want. :)

Oh don't get me wrong, I was anxious right down to the last second, and once the needle hit my skin, I wished I had brought something to bite down on. The only think that really kept me there was the sheer willpower to not screw up my arm and lose my $100 deposit. xD

Looks goodt.

Sigh...

It's about time somebody said that to Ghiddy.

Haha, I take it this is common behavior? I don't know the guy since I'm only online very sparsely these days. :P

• Upvote 2

BZP2024.jpg