BIONICLE Heroes Unused Beta/Test Level Found!

Just A Dot

Wow, this is really cool! I'd definitely like to hear about anything else you find in the games, especially seeing the Matoran and their death animations. Seems pretty weird that they'd be enemies, but, well, this game definitely isn't canon. XD

Thanks for posting this!

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Wow, this is really cool! I'd definitely like to hear about anything else you find in the games, especially seeing the Matoran and their death animations. Seems pretty weird that they'd be enemies, but, well, this game definitely isn't canon. XD

Thanks for posting this!

Purely speculation, but they could have been Zamor'd slaves or something :P

I want to see those matoran!!! THIS IS TOO COOL!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

That's awesome stuff. The unused Matoran enemies may have been planned to have been Matoran which were enslaved by the antidermis within the Piraka's zamor spheres. They would've been fun to fight, it's a shame such a concept didn't make it into the final product. I'm also guessing that the Piraka were also planned to have had upgradeable weapons just as the Toa did in the final version. 

This game might be like Crash Twinsanity; lots of planned content cut due to closing development time. Whether that's the case or not, I'm interested in seeing some more unused levels and whatnot.

Really neat! I do believe that someone did find and try to explore this level before, but something about how they were doing it locked up their character from navigating beyond the first hallway in a rather strange way.

Would definitely be fun to see some more.

Some of the folks on Rock Raiders United dabbled with this game a bit, you might find what they found useful: Link

Edited by Pereki

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

This is a really cool find. The level in the video looks good for a level in this game, even though it isn't completed. 

The Piraka having weapons that could've been upgraded would have been a neat feature for the game. Though that makes me wonder if the creators of the game originally weren't going to replace all the Piraka with Vezon once you beat the game. Because why upgrade the Piraka's weapons if Vezon was just going to eventually replace them? 

But anyways I want to echo what others have said, in that I would love to see more unused content if you can find it. It would be really cool to see what else is in the game that didn't make the final cut.

• Upvote 3

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The searchlights and matoran seem to suggest the game may have been much darker during development. I wish the person who found this the best of luck in finding more unused content. 

I do wonder if it was originally going to be a semi-canon game or something of the sort.

Really neat! I do believe that someone did find and try to explore this level before, but something about how they were doing it locked up their character from navigating beyond the first hallway in a rather strange way.

Would definitely be fun to see some more.

Some of the folks on Rock Raiders United dabbled with this game a bit, you might find what they found useful: Link

Ah, I am familiar with Vahkiti and have briefly conversed with the man before. If I were to make a guess as to why the game locked up, it could be due to him using original hardware instead of Dolphin - some things have different breaking points on the Wii/GCN hardware than they do in emulators, as I've discovered with Brawl modding.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

This game might be like Crash Twinsanity; lots of planned content cut due to closing development time. Whether that's the case or not, I'm interested in seeing some more unused levels and whatnot.

Most games have enough cut content to fill another whole game or two. 

Also, this is super cool stuff. How precisely did you find it?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Most games have enough cut content to fill another whole game or two. 

True, but easily uncovered cut content is another level. :D

Is there any form of noclip hack? I really want to see those enemies and it's strange that the level would close off as soon as enemies appear.

"I didn't slip."

-Kopaka

Bionicle RPG Accounts:

Corpus Rahkshi: Kardenex

Kardenex, Rahkshi of Sound

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

(Shamelessly plugging my favorite wiki)

Could you maybe consider adding this to the Bionicle Heroes page on TCRF? https://tcrf.net/Bionicle_Heroes

//shameless plug

huh, haven't seen you in awhile.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Never played Bionicle Heroes but thought about getting a copy awhile back. I just don't play on my console enough though and I hear Heroes doesn't run well if at all on Windows 7 machines.

Anyway, this is a great find! It makes me wonder what other hidden secrets can be found within the game and even if there are any hidden secrets in the original Bionicle 2003 video game as well.

• Upvote 2

Also, this is super cool stuff. How precisely did you find it?

Just looking around the ISO. I extracted some logs the devs left in, and used a solid amount of the classic "Guess, check, and revise!" method to get stuff working in-game.

(Shamelessly plugging my favorite wiki)

Could you maybe consider adding this to the Bionicle Heroes page on TCRF? https://tcrf.net/Bionicle_Heroes

//shameless plug

Eh, I'm lazy. Someone else could do it.

While you add it, create a page on Scooby Doo: Night of 100 Frights, since I've been tearing apart that game, too :P

Never played Bionicle Heroes but thought about getting a copy awhile back. I just don't play on my console enough though and I hear Heroes doesn't run well if at all on Windows 7 machines.

Anyway, this is a great find! It makes me wonder what other hidden secrets can be found within the game and even if there are any hidden secrets in the original Bionicle 2003 video game as well.

I've looked through BIONICLE: The Game. Not a whole lot. I got Lewa Nuva to load in Tahu Mata's level (works well enough, but the framerate for that game on Dolphin is abysmal), and he flies and all, I got Tahu to spawn right at the end with the Bohrok in his level (complete with the cave behind him ending in a void), and I got Tahu Nuva to load in an endless void with the Le-Wahi backdrop (he has weapons that he only uses for a split second in the opening of his level. I'd love to get him to load in another level if I had more free time, to see if he can Nuva Blast or anything. Same with Kopaka, who uses an idle animation for standing before one of his cutscenes because that game is horrible, so I suspect he can probably walk and such too.)

I also found it funny that Tahu Nuva's level is internally referred to as "takoro adrenaline" or something similar.

So any luck finding anything else? 

Haven't even looked, sorry! I'd love to look whenever I have more free time. I'm done with finals after Wednesday, and I'm fresh out of a job, so I'll probably have some free time within the next five weeks or so.

• Upvote 2

Does it? I only searched the GCN version of that (and not incredibly well), so it's possible. I should try to get in contact with him!

I think it's only hidden in the PS2 version.

Well from what I've heard half the game's content was cut to meet the deadline so there's bound to be something left of that unused stuff in the game.

There were originally going to be six Mata and six Nuva levels... I think it was going to be canon too.

• Upvote 2

Does it? I only searched the GCN version of that (and not incredibly well), so it's possible. I should try to get in contact with him!

I think it's only hidden in the PS2 version.

Well from what I've heard half the game's content was cut to meet the deadline so there's bound to be something left of that unused stuff in the game.

There were originally going to be six Mata and six Nuva levels... I think it was going to be canon too.

Luckily, I also own the PS2 version and have a pretty good idea how to rip apart/edit PS2 ISOs, so I'll probably get on that!

• Upvote 2

Nah, there's no way it ever would have been canon. It would've resembled the official story more, probably, but the actual levels we have in the final game probably wouldn't have been changed too much.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in those Matoran...

What format are the models and stuff? And are there any tools to convert them to more universal formats? (And if anyone knows the same about BIONICLE: The Game, please also share).

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water