BBC # 71 Entry: Vios-ta'hul, the World Eater

Oreo'M

Starting off i'd like to give a huge thanks to my real-life buddy 00dude00! We took our pictures together and I have to say that his moc for the contest is terrifying! Keep an eye out for his awesome creation!

I also just wanted to say that I took these pictures over the course of two days. That's why the stands and backgrounds differ from the entry picture to the other ones I took for detail. I apologize for the lack of cohesiveness in the album! 

Alright, onto the moc (sorry if the pic is huge).

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5674/21883233544_c268cb44e5_k.jpg

Link to my Flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/135641096@N08/albums/72157659969395510

A brief spooky history:

This is Vios-ta'hul, the World Eater. He is a dark entity that roams the lands every blood moon searching for anyone and anything that will quench his ceaseless hunger. It is said that one bite from his oozing, ferocious maw will be fatal. Theories surrounding why often make a point to mention the rotting flesh that is stuck between the teeth of the beast's lower jaw. The flesh appears to act as a sort of toxin that causes rapid infection in the wound. It is highly advised to stay indoors during every blood moon, lest this beast swallow you whole....  

I had so much fun creating this moc! Good luck to everyone participating in the contest!

Edit: Image linked; please keep embedded images in BBC to 640x640 pixels / 100 kB.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 4

I like the localized color-- The red in the mouth draws the eye in and makes the dark mass of the body more alien. The cluster of teeth on the lower jaw also helps distinguish this as a "world-eater" sort of monster as opposed to a more generic t-rex analogue, which I feel is a nice touch.

Best of luck in the contest!!

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

I feel like I'm one of the few who understand what this is reffering to...

Amazing build! I like the general bulkiness, and the large amount of Detail that has gone into it. The overall build perfectly captures the Savagery of the beast, and the dark colours help add to the terror factor. you wouldn't wanna meet this guy in the dead of night...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

I like the localized color-- The red in the mouth draws the eye in and makes the dark mass of the body more alien. The cluster of teeth on the lower jaw also helps distinguish this as a "world-eater" sort of monster as opposed to a more generic t-rex analogue, which I feel is a nice touch.

Best of luck in the contest!!

Thank you! I was trying to give it a spiny, otherworldly/alien look. I'm glad the color flourishes are eye-catching!

I feel like I'm one of the few who understand what this is reffering to...

Amazing build! I like the general bulkiness, and the large amount of Detail that has gone into it. The overall build perfectly captures the Savagery of the beast, and the dark colours help add to the terror factor. you wouldn't wanna meet this guy in the dead of night...

I believe you are correct in what I referenced for inspiration for the jaw of my moc XD I'm happy to hear I have crafted a scary creature! Thank you!

I'm sorry, I assure you, this is probably terrifying to everybody but me, but I'm that guy who always finds some reason not to take it seriously. With that in mind, this Dinosaur is Adorable.

If I'm honest I can totally see how he would be cute XD looks like he just want to give someone a big hug is all!

• Upvote 2