OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

BS01's take on it is that he used the mask to establish the telepathic link, which makes sense to me.

Huh, I didn't realise BS01 allowed fanfiction on supposedly factual pages. Hopefully somebody fixes that.

@Lyichir

For something to be canon, first it has to appear in the story. Maybe it will in the future, although it seems unlikely since

LoSS is implied to die

in Revenge of the Skull Spiders, but it hasn't appeared yet.

The Golden Mask of Skull Spiders was just the start of the tradition (although we didn't know it at the time) of G2 masks being hyped up in product descriptions to sell sets, then never actually appearing in-story.

I certainly wouldn't be against the non-canon masks being retroactively given story roles later on. Ekimu could forge the GMoSS to ensure the Skull Spiders never become a problem again, for example.

But for the record, judging by Revenge of the Skull Spiders, it seems unlikely that the Skull Spiders were under any sort of "mind control" at all. They continue to serve LoSS when he is unconscious, and show surprising levels of sentience and autonomy (holding reasoned conversations amongst themselves of equal intellectual level to any other character). I would say that they merely follow LoSS because he is the biggest spider, and his telepathy allows him to communicate orders with his followers, which they follow of their own will.

:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Since the 'Future Set Designs' thread appears to have been lost to history, I guess I'll put this here.  I was looking at my solitary 2015 Kopaka, realized how gappy the armor was, and just how much I loathed CCBS for making characters look like that have giant gaping holes in them, especially on the back.  And I didn't recall G1 having this problem, but then, G1 had all sorts of sockets in all sorts of colors, so the sockets could be construed to be part of the armor/colorscheme.  The G2 Toa, on the other hand, use black and dark grey bones.  Fine on Onua, not so fine on everyone else.

So if they used all colored bones in the new sets, it just might make their armor look less terrible when posed with the backside towards the viewer.  This is just a theory and it might limit the MOC-worthy bits on the sets, but it seems like it would help.

Edited by evil_jaga_genius

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Since the 'Future Set Designs' thread appears to have been lost to history, I guess I'll put this here.  I was looking at my solitary 2015 Kopaka, realized how gappy the armor was, and just how much I loathed CCBS for making characters look like that have giant gaping holes in them, especially on the back.  And I didn't recall G1 having this problem, but then, G1 had all sorts of sockets in all sorts of colors, so the sockets could be construed to be part of the armor/colorscheme.  The G2 Toa, on the other hand, use black and dark grey bones.  Fine on Onua, not so fine on everyone else.

So if they used all colored bones in the new sets, it just might make their armor look less terrible when posed with the backside towards the viewer.  This is just a theory and it might limit the MOC-worthy bits on the sets, but it seems like it would help.

I don't see how black or dark grey bones are "not so fine on everyone else". Personally, I've always seen the Toa as being black or grey underneath their outer armor. After all, the Toa Mata, Toa Nuva, Bohrok, Toa Metru, and Toa Hordika all used black or grey for nearly every part that wasn't specifically styled to look like robot armor. For the entire first half of Bionicle G1's run, Toa who used colored faces and/or ball cups were the exception, not the norm. The movie Bionicle: Mask of Light even colored the Toa's torsos grey underneath their outer armor, along with adding greyish muscle to many of the characters' joints.

So to me, there's hardly anything different at all about how G2 does things, except that G2 also uses transparent bones for certain parts of the body to make them look "energized" (like the limbs of the Toa Inika). It's just a textbook case of color layering.

As for the armor being open on one side, that applies to the vast majority of G1 armor too. Armored in the front, open in the back. And on limbs, that's not even all that unrealistic for human body protection — just look at shin guards worn in sports like soccer. The protection is concentrated in the front because that's the side that's expected to be facing the action.

"All colored bones" also sounds like a real waste of money, on top of looking rather terrible since you wouldn't have that nice contrast between colorful armor and a more neutral "skeleton". IMO, one of the reasons the 2010 Tahu's color scheme looked so terrible compared to the 2001 version's was the lack of neutral-colored joints to balance out all his more brightly-colored armor. Even Ackar suffered from this to a lesser extent, with bright colors dominating his color scheme and only his hands, weapons, neck joint, and life counter adding a smidgen of neutral-colored relief.

Granted, the Toa Metru (and for that matter, most sets from mid-2003 to mid-2005) might have had the opposite problem, with repetitive color schemes consisting of little more than one primary color and one neutral color, but I think the G2 sets have generally found a happy medium.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 5

-snip-

-snip-

Alright, I admit I was staring at Hewkii Mahri on my desk who uses all yellow for the joints, so I guess I was kinda biased.  But I just don't like looking at Kopaka from the side and seeing his entire arm skeleton exposed.  And the black and grey bones make it stand out even more.

The G1 parts were somewhat open on the back, but that was only so that the joints could bend.  Everything other than that narrow cutout had the mechanical armor design.  But with the shells you have to leave the entire back of the joint exposed to get the same kind of motion.

That and the torso parts always had something going on in the back.  The Inika torsos, the Mata torsos, all of them didn't look skimpy on back armor.

Edited by evil_jaga_genius

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Alright, I admit I was staring at Hewkii Mahri on my desk who uses all yellow for the joints, so I guess I was kinda biased. But I just don't like looking at Kopaka from the side and seeing his entire arm skeleton exposed. And the black and grey bones make it stand out even more.

No neutral colors? Besides his head being grey, Hewkii also uses black extensively throughout his design. And sure, it's a part of his color scheme, but there's no reason neutral colors can't be a part of the color scheme of a Toa of Fire, Air, Water, or Ice too, just like they were on the Toa Mata, Metru, Hordika, and Hagah sets.

The G1 parts were somewhat open on the back, but that was only so that the joints could bend.  Everything other than that narrow cutout had the mechanical armor design.  But with the shells you have to leave the entire back of the joint exposed to get the same kind of motion.

I was generally referring more to shells than beams. Like the Toa Metru thigh shell, Piraka thigh shell, Toa Inika thigh shell, Toa Inika shoulder shell, Carapar shell, Kalmah shell, Mantax shell, Takadox shell, Toa Mahri Nuparu shells, Vorox shell, etc. All of those are open on one side — they need to be, because of how they attach. You even just referenced Toa Mahri Hewkii, and he literally used these parts on his thighs. Those didn't even wrap around the sides of the leg — they were just slapped on the front!

But you're right, the "open in the back" aspect could also apply to most lower leg beams. And you're right, it's for a functional reason. CCBS shells are also open in the back for a functional reason — because the open side is where they attach from, same as with a typical G1 thigh or shoulder shell.

That and the torso parts always had something going on in the back. The Inika torsos, the Mata torsos, all of them didn't look skimpy on back armor.

It seems to me like most of the Toa (2015 and 2016 alike) have plenty going on in the back. Some of that is exposed Technic connectors, but even so, their backs are generally more armored and filled out than Sidorak, Nidhiki, Krekka, Nivawk... and those were all titan sets!

Besides, weren't you just referencing Toa Mahri Hewkii? I can't think ANY Toa sets that skimped on armor more than that one did! As I mentioned above, his thigh armor doesn't wrap around his thigh beams at all, his upper arms don't even have shells on them, his shoulders are pretty much fully exposed, and his torso is literally just two beams with no shells. Sure, they might be more specialized and decorative beams than CCBS torso beams and gearboxes, but I don't think that makes his overall design any less skimpy-looking. And you're claiming G2 Toa like the 2015 Kopaka are gappy and skimp on armor? At least with the G2 Toa you don't have giant holes running all the way through the torso from front to back, or fully assembled torsos with hardly any thickness!

For the most part, the 2015 Toa feel much more solid to me than a lot of G1 Toa, especially ones like Toa Mahri Hewkii.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

I just got Tahu, Lewa, and Pohatu, thereby completing the Toa for this year. Quality issues return with this haul, though.

First, a part of the printing on Pohatu, specifically the Nuva symbol on his chest, is misprinted missing a vertical line at the bottom of the symbol.

Second, the friction of the ball joints for Lewa's arms are almost nonexistent; whenever I move his arms to a T-pose they gradually sag downward. Maybe it's the weapons, but I've never had this problem on any set before aside from the Titanium Dragon set from last year. His torso swivel is also very loose, to the point where the friction is also near nonexistent. At least it doesn't have too much friction.   <_<

Surprisingly enough, Tahu had no QC qualms. I like him more in person than in CGI, just like Umarak!

These QC issues really need to stop, or at least be remedied in the summer. Otherwise, I recommend that anyone who doesn't have sets to wait some time before getting them.

Edited by FordianL at the BCC

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

BS01's take on it is that he used the mask to establish the telepathic link, which makes sense to me.

Huh, I didn't realise BS01 allowed fanfiction on supposedly factual pages.

They don't; it's sourced.

That's their source? I could give a link to the equivalent section that "proves" that Kopaka's mask gets drained by a Skull Warrior. Except that isn't canon, because it isn't in the story.

(And wasn't there a section on Skull Basher's "Shoulder Spikes of Doom"? It's almost as if they were just making stuff up to sell sets... ;))

The thing about the mask establishing the telepathic link (with the implication being that the mask isn't needed from then on, I suppose) isn't actually supported by that quote anyway. That's just somebody's theory. What the quote says is that LoSS uses the Mask to control the Skull Spiders, as in it is needed all the time. Which we know isn't true, from Revenge of the Skull Spiders.

Okay, now that there is footage of the app, when can we expect it to be released? I'm guessing the 20th (tomorrow). If not, that I don't know.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

That's their source? I could give a link to the equivalent section that "proves" that Kopaka's mask gets drained by a Skull Warrior. Except that isn't canon, because it isn't in the story.

(And wasn't there a section on Skull Basher's "Shoulder Spikes of Doom"? It's almost as if they were just making stuff up to sell sets... ;))

OK. So by your logic, Jaller's Mask of Sonar has never been canon because he never used it in the story. Toa Jovan was never canon because he only ever appeared in the story as a Turaga. Most of the Rahi from the Rahi Beasts guide and Dark Hunters from the Dark Hunters guide were never canon. Many of Makuta's Kraata powers were never canon. And of course, nothing about the 2016 sets is canon because the Netflix series hasn't started.

Sorry, but your argument is a joke, and not a funny one. Just because SOME things on the Bionicle website have been proven non-canon doesn't mean we have to assume EVERYTHING on the website is non-canon until it appears in the story. It makes far more sense to assume the story and character pages on the website are canon until proven otherwise.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 9

That's their source? I could give a link to the equivalent section that "proves" that Kopaka's mask gets drained by a Skull Warrior. Except that isn't canon, because it isn't in the story.(And wasn't there a section on Skull Basher's "Shoulder Spikes of Doom"? It's almost as if they were just making stuff up to sell sets... ;))

OK. So by your logic, Jaller's Mask of Sonar has never been canon because he never used it in the story. Toa Jovan was never canon because he only ever appeared in the story as a Turaga. Most of the Rahi from the Rahi Beasts guide and Dark Hunters from the Dark Hunters guide were never canon. Many of Makuta's Kraata powers were never canon. And of course, nothing about the 2016 sets is canon because the Netflix series hasn't started.Sorry, but your argument is a joke, and not a funny one. Just because SOME things on the Bionicle website have been proven non-canon doesn't mean we have to assume EVERYTHING on the website is non-canon until it appears in the story. It makes far more sense to assume the story and character pages on the website are canon until proven otherwise.
I find this response quite disappointing, really. This sort of tone and misrepresentation of other people's views is what drives new members away from the site, and turns discussions into one-sided echo chambers by dissuading people from posting their own opinions.

Anyway, the post. All those things you list did appear in official BIONICLE books, as you admit (you even named two of the books), so of course they are canon according to "my logic", because the books describe what is in the story.

I also did not say that everything on the site should be assumed non-canon until proven otherwise, and you know I didn't. That would be silly (and a bit like what certain people were saying about the Mask of Time not looking like the Vahi). I merely pointed out that the character descriptions on the site, particularly the pop-up boxes, are known to be unreliable and so don't make strong enough evidence alone to source a BS01 article, especially when they are contradicted by a book.

Which brings me onto the main point of mine that you failed to acknowledge, that is that we have a book that features LoSS as the main antagonist, and it clearly shows how the Skull Spiders serve him, without any mask needed.

The Skull Spiders make the choice to serve LoSS when he is unconscious, at which point he could not have been using a mask on them. (If the mask had previously been somehow controlling them, they would have been freed at that point and would have fled.)

• Upvote 1

I apologize for my tone in my previous post. However, your note about things in the books being canon because the books are used to tell the story ignores that the Bionicle website has also been used to tell the Bionicle story since the theme began. There's nothing that makes bios and blurbs in books and magazines inherently more canon than bios and blurbs on the website. And again, the things I mentioned like the more minor Rahi and Dark Hunters guide characters, Jaller's mask power, many of Makuta's Kraata powers, and Toa Jovan were only ever mentioned in bios and blurbs, never in actual written stories.

Which brings me onto the main point of mine that you failed to acknowledge, that is that we have a book that features LoSS as the main antagonist, and it clearly shows how the Skull Spiders serve him, without any mask needed.

The Skull Spiders make the choice to serve LoSS when he is unconscious, at which point he could not have been using a mask on them. (If the mask had previously been somehow controlling them, they would have been freed at that point and would have fled.)

You're assuming that if the Lord of Skull Spiders used the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders to control his army, that means they would not follow or aid him without it. I don't believe that, and I don't think we've ever seen anything suggest that. There's plenty of reason for them to be loyal to him even when they aren't under his direct telepathic control, namely that they are more powerful with a leader than without one, and he's without a doubt the most powerful leader they have.

Suppose you're a loyal soldier getting radio instructions and intelligence reports from a commander at a home base. These instructions from the home base have helped you win many battles. Then, one day, instead of instructions, they hear a scream, and then communications stop abruptly. Is your response to this "Yay, no more commands, I'm free now!"? Or do you worry that something terrible has happened to your home base and your commander, and decide to go back and see if you can help?

This is what seems to have happened with the Skull Spiders (which seems even more plausible with them than with human soldiers, given the spiders' hive mentality). The Lord of Skull Spiders' telepathic link to the swarm was broken, and thus the spiders instinctively went into distress mode, traveling from across Okoto back to where their leader last was in order to protect him and nurse him back to health.

These are the forces of evil we're talking about, not just a bunch of innocent creatures being forced to do evil deeds against their will. There's no reason to think that without telepathic commands they'd just lose their motivation and go their separate ways — especially when they've grown accustomed to those commands.

Also, just to clarify what we're disputing here: Lord of Skull Spiders' telepathic link with his army is undeniably canon, mentioned multiple times throughout the graphic novel. The only question is whether he needs a mask to maintain that link. But either way, he doesn't need that link for the spiders to make a choice to serve him (which in your words, they did).

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 3

There's nothing saying how the mask works, just that it "allows" the LoSS to control the spiders via telepathic link.  Could be literal puppetry, could be hivemind, could be subtle influence.

Nothing about it being required to command the spiders.  Nothing about it requiring conscious effort to use or maintain.  Nothing that would indicate it's not canon.  And certainly nothing to warrant any kind of "I told you so".

(Also, nowhere on Skull Warrior's bio did it actually state that Kopaka's mask got drained.  It just says that they're out to drain the Toa's masks.  And I'm pretty sure that's canon.)

• Upvote 4

OpAXNpl.jpg

This doesn't really concern the 2016 sets, BUT it does feature the use of an important building element introduced in 2016. Behold ~

5_by_nickinamerica-d9olawb.jpg

4_by_nickinamerica-d9olawf.jpg

As much as I love last year's sets... they aren't perfect. The shoulders rest pretty far behind the head and hips, and it doesn't look so bad on some of them, but on a smaller on like Pohatu, the proportions just end up feeling more exaggerated. Callan brought up this criticism in a video of his, and I didn't pay it much mind at the time, but when I saw that new gearbox casing this year's Star Wars figures were released with.... I saw how much better these figures could be. Could've been... however you want to phrase it.

10_by_nickinamerica-d9olavq.jpg

There are plenty of ways to work around the absence of a proper neck joint that the tired old CCBS "backbone" piece provides, but it's still a hassle. This new piece makes it all too easy to eliminate the backbone entirely, flip the gearbox around, and you'll line up the neck, shoulders and hips perfectly.

12_by_nickinamerica-d9olavj.jpg

The hip piece made to correspond with this casing is fine for taller figures like Tahu, but I wouldn't recommend using it for all of these. Until Lego releases a smaller version of that piece, an oldschool Metru pelvis works beautifully.

8_by_nickinamerica-d9olavt.jpg

Looking back, I really wish Lego could've released a piece like this a year sooner, to really complete the gearbox. Now, the 2015 gearbox is kind of an afterthought. It's old news for Bionicle, relegated to other figures made for people who may not be into Bionicle, and will appreciate the novelty of it in the Star Wars figures like it's some completely new thing. Build it the same way on these, though, and the problems these figures DID have suddenly disappear.

20_by_nickinamerica-d9olavc.jpg

21_by_nickinamerica-d9olav3.jpg

I've ordered two more black cases on Bricklink. I'll only need one more after that to "fix" all of these (Onua doesn't need any such changes, really.)

22_by_nickinamerica-d9olaux.jpg

23_by_nickinamerica-d9olauo.jpg

I wholeheartedly advise anyone who can to get these. The ONE drawback they have is somewhat hindered neck articulation, but it's not that bad. It improves the proportions, overall, at least.

28_by_nickinamerica-d9olatx.jpg

Full gallery here for those who want to see a closer look at these modifications. http://sta.sh/2di3qes4xsq?edit=1

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Regarding comments on gappiness, the 2015 Toa are my first and only Bionicle sets, and I don't know what to do with the little technic bits that aren't part of the gearbox and have leftover armor for some, but what I've figured out myself and from the help I got in another thread, the way the skeleton is exposed on the backs of the arms and legs does make the figures feel rather incomplete, especially on the ones that have bones long enough to have pin holes in them. At the very least, I feel like their should be a piece that plugs into the pin holes and gives the look/feel of straps holding the armor in place

I have a few questions about the 2016 Toa vs the 2015 models.

Best I can tell, the mechanics of the 2015 versions seems to be the gearbox that only differs between the Toa in whether one arm swings or both arms swing. I understand that instead of it being mounted like a jetpack, the 2016 versions have the mechanics built-in to the torso itself. Is there a greater variety in the kind of movement provided by the mechanics in the 2016 models or is it primarily a cosmetic change?

I'm assuming the Toa are color coded for your convenience, but since I can't distinguish colors, there isn't much variety in the armor shells accross the different Toa in the 2015 sets with only a few having armor pieces that really stand out as unique(such as the one that has a chest plate so broad it attaches to both shoulders of the CCBS Torso). Do the 2016 models have more variety in armor pieces between sets?

Some of the weapon pieces in the 2015 sets are pretty cool, to the point I don't mind that at least five of the weapons are found in multiple sets, but I do have to wonder how much the 2016 sets recycle weapons and if anything new and unique is added.

As for non-Toa sets, do the Skull Spider, Protectors, and Creatures offer more differentiation between their siblings compared to the 2015 Toa?

Edited by Jeffery Mewtamer

Just so you know, I'm blinad

Huh, I didn't realise BS01 allowed fanfiction on supposedly factual pages.

They don't; it's sourced.

That's their source? I could give a link to the equivalent section that "proves" that Kopaka's mask gets drained by a Skull Warrior.

No, you couldn't; that section only states that the Skull villains are out to get the Golden Masks of Power. Which is canon.

I feel like you could make arguments about the authenticity of the website much better if you read it before making them.

Edited by Dina Saruyama
  • Upvote 3

I have a few questions about the 2016 Toa vs the 2015 models.

Best I can tell, the mechanics of the 2015 versions seems to be the gearbox that only differs between the Toa in whether one arm swings or both arms swing. I understand that instead of it being mounted like a jetpack, the 2016 versions have the mechanics built-in to the torso itself. Is there a greater variety in the kind of movement provided by the mechanics in the 2016 models or is it primarily a cosmetic change?

The 2016 Toa completely do away with the gear functions in their arms. Instead, each one has a gear on their butt that makes their waist swivel horizontally.

I'm assuming the Toa are color coded for your convenience, but since I can't distinguish colors, there isn't much variety in the armor shells accross the different Toa in the 2015 sets with only a few having armor pieces that really stand out as unique(such as the one that has a chest plate so broad it attaches to both shoulders of the CCBS Torso). Do the 2016 models have more variety in armor pieces between sets?

The 2016 Toa all have the same chest plate as each other and a lot of the same weapon and armor pieces. Onua and Tahu do have shoulderpads that are different from each other and from the shoulders of the other Toa, and Kopaka's shield pieces do not appear in the other sets, and also many of them use the same armor pieces in different ways, but for the most part they still share a lot of the same pieces as one another.

Some of the weapon pieces in the 2015 sets are pretty cool, to the point I don't mind that at least five of the weapons are found in multiple sets, but I do have to wonder how much the 2016 sets recycle weapons and if anything new and unique is added.

All the 2016 Toa besides Onua use the same crystal blade piece as their primary weapon piece, but it is built into different types of weapons. So Lewa has these twin blades with smaller blades on the opposite ends, Gali has hers built into a sort of spear with a propellor attached, Pohatu has a spear with a boulder attached, Tahu has twin fire blades with a gear-driven extending function, and Kopaka has a broadsword made from two of the crystal blades. Instead of using the crystal blade piece, Onua has a sort of combination hammer-drill with a blaster in the end. Kopaka also has a new shield, smaller and more solid than his previous one, with a blaster built into it.

As for non-Toa sets, do the Skull Spider, Protectors, and Creatures offer more differentiation between their siblings compared to the 2015 Toa?

The Protectors in general tend to be more similar to each other than the Toa are in terms of parts and functions. Last year's Skull villains also tend to use a lot of the same parts, but with somewhat varied builds and functions.

This year's Creatures are probably some of the most diverse sets so far. Ikir is a bird with flapping wings, Akida is a fish with twin blasters, Ketar is a scorpion with slashing claws, Uxar is an insect with flapping wings, Terak is a mole with digging claws, and Melum... I'm not sure what Melum is supposed to be, exactly, but he has a sort of a "bear hug" function.

So I was looking at the box arts a little closer, and I noticed all of the toa are visible on Umarak's, with the exception of Onua, whose hands are seen on the left side.

I also like how five of the toa have the creature in the background while the toa gathers the mask. Except Kopaka and Melum who look like they're finding the mask together.

"All colored bones" also sounds like a real waste of money, on top of looking rather terrible since you wouldn't have that nice contrast between colorful armor and a more neutral "skeleton". IMO, one of the reasons the 2010 Tahu's color scheme looked so terrible compared to the 2001 version's was the lack of neutral-colored joints to balance out all his more brightly-colored armor. Even Ackar suffered from this to a lesser extent, with bright colors dominating his color scheme and only his hands, weapons, neck joint, and life counter adding a smidgen of neutral-colored relief.

I have to disagree here. Looking at the Inika, Piraka, several of the Mahri,Breez, The Witch Doctor,Black Phantom etc., I must say that these coloured bones were a great addition to the colour schemes. Saying that they inherently look terrible because there is no "clear" contrast between armour and skeleton because it isn't a neutral colour, that's something I can't agree with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to deny that there are certain rules in design like other people do; but here this is nothing more than an opinion in my eyes. A colour scheme can have nice contrast even with less neutral colours ( like Hahli Mahri for instance), but even then I don't believe that a clear contrast is inherently necessary to make a colour scheme good and "not terrible". Subtle contrasts work too in my eyes.

I'll be the last one to say that the grey and black bones are bad. In several characters it looks really good and coloured bones would certainly not work; but dismissing coloured bones as a waste of money and something that will make the figures look terrible is taking it a bit too far.

-Iben

Edited by Iben
  • Upvote 3

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

As a hardcore MoCist, I really enjoy the existence of colored bones.  Or bones that aren't colored dark gray in general, really.  I despise dark gray elements, they feel like they don't go with anything that doesn't have the color distribution of, say, Onua Mata.  Which is mostly black.  :/

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I still find it disappointing that we get two Umaraks in one year. 

Think of it like a two-phase final boss fight. His normal form, and a hulked-out form. At least we may finally get a proper titan sized figure.

• Upvote 2

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

By the mask of Ekimu, that character video is awesome! :D :biorules:  I love how it says that "BIONICLE and the BIONICLE logo are trademarks of The LEGO Group. ©2001-2016 The LEGO Group."  Any new fans will be so confused as, to them, BIONICLE started last year. ^_^

Anyway, these new sets sound pretty cool! :D  It's kinda sad how all of the LEGO news sources that went to the London Toy Fair seem to be hating on BIONICLE... :( 

~Daler

[quote name="Kid Icarus" post="1041178" timestamp="1453

Any pictures at the fair of the two?Pictures of the inside of the LEGO booth are not allowed at London Toy Fair. Nuremberg Toy Fair is coming soon, and we tend to get more pictures and video there, but not a whole lot. The best Toy Fair pictures and video clips generally come from New York Toy Fair in mid-February.