OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

Where did you get that?

I'm not sure where it originated, I just saw it on Reddit. Also:

I noticed many people noticed that the Journey to One show will be released in March 4th. Bummer that it is not coming this month. Sorry. :(

That stinks! Any idea where that date came from? I can't find the release date announcement anywhere.

Seems like Umarak has some kind of snake voice thing going on. If this is the case I think he should have had a more brutish voice. 

That breathy thing was a little silly, IMO.  :tounge: I get what they were trying to do - like an evil, sly sigh - but that's not at all what I imagined Umarak to sound like.

IetTsFQ.png

Where did you get that?

I'm not sure where it originated, I just saw it on Reddit. Also:

I noticed many people noticed that the Journey to One show will be released in March 4th. Bummer that it is not coming this month. Sorry. :(

That stinks! Any idea where that date came from? I can't find the release date announcement anywhere.

Seems like Umarak has some kind of snake voice thing going on. If this is the case I think he should have had a more brutish voice.

That breathy thing was a little silly, IMO. :tounge: I get what they were trying to do - like an evil, sly sigh - but that's not at all what I imagined Umarak to sound like.

I heard the information about the release date from people in Instagram. I don't how I can find it, but I only found someone's post saying the date. Sorry.:(

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Interesting. I hope they do a good job. :P ^_^

Same here, dude. This is the third time witnessing a Lego TV show casting completely new people that we never know (first being Legends of Chima and second being a Hero Factory episode called "Invasion From Below"). I hope they do well, too.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Same here, dude. This is the third time witnessing a Lego TV show casting completely new people that we never know (first being Legends of Chima and second being a Hero Factory episode called "Invasion Frim Below"). I hope they do well, too.

Wait, so the Ninjago voice actors were known?  I know some of them voiced characters in the BIONICLE movies, but not all of them, right?

~Daler

Same here, dude. This is the third time witnessing a Lego TV show casting completely new people that we never know (first being Legends of Chima and second being a Hero Factory episode called "Invasion Frim Below"). I hope they do well, too.

Wait, so the Ninjago voice actors were known?  I know some of them voiced characters in the BIONICLE movies, but not all of them, right?

Not all of them... but most of the voice actors in Ninjago were already well-established VAs in the industry prior to the show, whether or not they'd actually been in other Lego media before. They definitely weren't anything like this cast, all of whom seem to have precious little on their resumes.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Oh, by the way, I noticed many people noticed that the Journey to One show will be released in March 4th. Bummer that it is not coming this month. Sorry. :(

It appears they decided to reschedule the release of Journey to One on my birthday to commemorate it.

How did they know?

• Upvote 4

Oh, by the way, I noticed many people noticed that the Journey to One show will be released in March 4th. Bummer that it is not coming this month. Sorry. :(

It appears they decided to reschedule the release of Journey to One on my birthday to commemorate it.

How did they know?

They were wearing the fancy boots.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Anyone have a good mod of lewa's shoulders that keeps his look the same but fixes the terrible articulation? I tried rotating them 90 degrees to be more like Gali and pohatu's construction but it doesn't look quite as good.

I don't know if this is the best in the world, but maybe you could replace the hordika neck with a bushing. The, using a 1m beam w/ cross axle and a ball joint to create a replacement, attaching it via pin to the unity piece.

Edited by jed1ndy

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Anyone have a good mod of lewa's shoulders that keeps his look the same but fixes the terrible articulation? I tried rotating them 90 degrees to be more like Gali and pohatu's construction but it doesn't look quite as good.

To be honest, the articulation isn't terrible. I'm currently messing around with him next to a standard HF skeleton build and there's hardly a single pose that the latter can pull off and the former can't—and the few that exist are mostly unrealistic ones I can't even achieve with my own arms. I had a lot of mods in mind for Lewa before I got him, and when he did finally arrive I found that not only did some of them fail to improve him, but all of them were unnecessary in the first place. I had even planned to rotate the lower arm armor, only to discover that the way he's built in the instructions makes the crystal shell details into elbow pads that work extremely well with his double-bladed weapons. All in all he's quite a limber figure despite his shoulder build being unprecedented.

Is stocking in stores sporadic for anyone else? My Target and Walmart each only have like 2-3 of the new Toa placed haphazardly around the Lego section (sometimes on different shelves). Only Toys R Us has all of them available but even then, they're mixed in with the 2015 sets.

Well, being mixed in with 2015 sets at Toys R Us isn't really abnormal at all—they're going to be trying to get rid of those 2015 sets, so better to have all of it together. I haven't checked Walmart in-depth (I did notice sets there at one point but since I wasn't there to get them I didn't check to see how complete the selection was), but my Target also has a poor selection of the sets. I have found that my local Barnes & Noble DOES have a great selection of the 2016 Bionicle sets, so you might want to try there if you can't find what you're looking for at other stores.

To be honest, the articulation isn't terrible. I'm currently messing around with him next to a standard HF skeleton build and there's hardly a single pose that the latter can pull off and the former can't—and the few that exist are mostly unrealistic ones I can't even achieve with my own arms. I had a lot of mods in mind for Lewa before I got him, and when he did finally arrive I found that not only did some of them fail to improve him, but all of them were unnecessary in the first place. I had even planned to rotate the lower arm armor, only to discover that the way he's built in the instructions makes the crystal shell details into elbow pads that work extremely well with his double-bladed weapons. All in all he's quite a limber figure despite his shoulder build being unprecedented.

Thing is, in order to get a basic pose with his arms down you have to angle the shoulders way back due to the axel the shoulder ball joint is attached to getting in the way. And don't get me started on any pose where his arms are lifted up, a simple T pose looks terrible since his shoulders are way up. Basically you have to have his upper arms down and  angled back in order to get any decent poses, and you can, but you basically have to fight the articulation to get something good.

I actually recognize some of the voice actors names, from my knowledge I know them to be pretty good. We'll have to hear them in action first with the Toa before we can come to any judgement about them and their work with the new series.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Is stocking in stores sporadic for anyone else? My Target and Walmart each only have like 2-3 of the new Toa placed haphazardly around the Lego section (sometimes on different shelves). Only Toys R Us has all of them available but even then, they're mixed in with the 2015 sets.

Well, being mixed in with 2015 sets at Toys R Us isn't really abnormal at all—they're going to be trying to get rid of those 2015 sets, so better to have all of it together. I haven't checked Walmart in-depth (I did notice sets there at one point but since I wasn't there to get them I didn't check to see how complete the selection was), but my Target also has a poor selection of the sets. I have found that my local Barnes & Noble DOES have a great selection of the 2016 Bionicle sets, so you might want to try there if you can't find what you're looking for at other stores.

I've found that Target and Walmart always have a poor selection of Bionicle sets in a disorganized manner. I have had better luck at the local Lego Store. If that is an option in your area, I recommend that for any completionists or people looking for a specific set. 

Totally agreed. Helps differentiate BIONICLE from HF, and for future, larger sets, they'll almost certainly have to use technic. Umarak the Destroyer is already using a lot of technic by the looks of things. 

And I thought people wanted more technic integration with CCBS... and now they don't? I think that's kind of impossible, considering that it would seem very difficult for CCBS to exist as it is without many technic pieces.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I've found that Target and Walmart always have a poor selection of Bionicle sets in a disorganized manner. I have had better luck at the local Lego Store. If that is an option in your area, I recommend that for any completionists or people looking for a specific set. 

I got the whole winter wave at my local Barnes & Noble store.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Totally agreed. Helps differentiate BIONICLE from HF, and for future, larger sets, they'll almost certainly have to use technic. Umarak the Destroyer is already using a lot of technic by the looks of things. 

And I thought people wanted more technic integration with CCBS... and now they don't? I think that's kind of impossible, considering that it would seem very difficult for CCBS to exist as it is without many technic pieces.

I don't get the bit about "differentiating Bionicle from Hero Factory", since even Hero Factory had its fair share of Technic integration. Not in the same way Umarak does it, but Fire Lord, Rocka XL, Witch Doctor, and Dragon Bolt all used basic Technic fairly extensively, as did several of the later "Invasion from Below" sets.

CCBS was definitely designed from the get-go with Technic integration in mind. There'd have been little point having so many Technic connection points otherwise. However, how it's used makes a big difference for a model's aesthetics, and this was just as true with classic Bionicle. Aesthetically, there's a big difference between a model like Nidhiki that has a lot of exposed basic beams and a model like Brutaka that uses dedicated constraction armor and detailing pieces more extensively to create a streamlined look. Some people prefer one style over the other, and are very particular about how they think the two styles should be integrated.

Personally, I think Umarak's legs (both versions) look alright. But I can understand how some people might feel like the raw, mechanical look of his lower leg construction clashes with the more streamlined shaping that otherwise dominates his legs and arms.

I like Umerak's leg construction - it gives him posability that he would not otherwise have, although the spikes keep the knees from standing up straight. 

His shoulder construction, however, irked me because I kept getting it wrong and had to painfully remove the red pins each time I installed the Hordika neck the wrong direction. I'm growing to hate those pieces. 

LEGO pulled a complete 180 on me! These new sets are awesome and the new show is exactly what I wanted last year to be! Awesome action, great animation, and different voice actors! 

Picked up all six Toa plus Umarak at a LEGO Store in Seattle last month. I'm running out of room for more sets!

• Upvote 1

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Judging this on the new Brick Show video of the summers sets:

Lava beast's head looks so awkward gappy and weird. Only thing good about him is his hands. Storm beasts articulation is absolutely terrible (seriously, no elbows?), only one thats grown on me is quake beast, he's not very gappy, and has an interesting build (Sideways gearbox? Whaaat?) but he still looks super messy compared to the rest. Can't really say for sure that I'll get any of the beast. Can't say much for umarak since he's posed like ######, ekimu still looks okay but has way too much trans blue.

Edited by hiddenderek

Judging this on the new Brick Show video of the summers sets:

Lava beast's head looks so awkward gappy and weird. Only thing good about him is his hands. Storm beasts articulation is absolutely terrible (seriously, no elbows?), only one thats grown on me is quake beast, he's not very gappy, and has an interesting build (Sideways gearbox? Whaaat?) but he still looks super messy compared to the rest. Can't really say for sure that I'll get any of the beast. Can't say much for umarak since he's posed like ######, ekimu still looks okay but has way too much trans blue.

People keep saying Storm Beast has no elbows but given the length of the "hand" section, it's really more like he has no wrists. Which, frankly, on a beast character with articulated fingers, I'm willing to live with. Stomr Beast is by far my favorite of the new sets, on account of his extremely creative new function and generally purposeful design.

Quake Beast is honestly the one set of the summer wave I cannot bring myself to like. It's clear the designer was trying to go with the same kind of unbalanced asymmetry as Bruizer, but despite Quake Beast having more articulation, it doesn't work anywhere near as well due to the gappy, awkward construction of the right arm and shoulder. Bruizer's look is brutish and powerful, while Quake Beast just looks jumbled and ungainly.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

So, I was browsing a different BIONICLE forum and a user on that site had talked to a LEGO employee, and apparently we might be in a bit of trouble. Here's the basics of what he said:

"So today I completed my collection of the winter 2016 wave by frantically finding the last Onua in a Toysrus near me. When I was looking for Onua in a lego store, I was told that Bionicle is a 'terminal theme', and that the line is not selling as well as Lego had hoped it would. I don't know whether that is valid, but this was coming from a LEGO employee. I don't know whether the summer sets this year might be the last ones released ever, but considering that many stores are not selling the winter wave altogether might perhaps suggest that Bionicle is indeed being discontinued again and earlier than expected to add."

I know that there are quite a few people on here that know LEGO and its business practices fairly well, so I'm interested to know what you guys think of this. 

So, I was browsing a different BIONICLE forum and a user on that site had talked to a LEGO employee, and apparently we might be in a bit of trouble. Here's the basics of what he said:

"So today I completed my collection of the winter 2016 wave by frantically finding the last Onua in a Toysrus near me. When I was looking for Onua in a lego store, I was told that Bionicle is a 'terminal theme', and that the line is not selling as well as Lego had hoped it would. I don't know whether that is valid, but this was coming from a LEGO employee. I don't know whether the summer sets this year might be the last ones released ever, but considering that many stores are not selling the winter wave altogether might perhaps suggest that Bionicle is indeed being discontinued again and earlier than expected to add."

I know that there are quite a few people on here that know LEGO and its business practices fairly well, so I'm interested to know what you guys think of this. 

How credible is this user you talked to? 

bZpOwEr

Pretty darn credible. He's not the type to play pranks or stir up drama, and what he says matches up with a lot of what I've been seeing around me. Most stores that normally stock the new BIONICLE sets don't have them in this year. I've only seen them sprout up in the big major cities around me and even then it's sometimes a gamble. 

Edited by Tarvaxx

Pretty darn credible. He's not the type to play pranks or stir up drama, and what he says matches up with a lot of what I've been seeing around me. Most stores that normally stock the new BIONICLE sets don't have them in this year. I've only seen them sprout up in the big major cities around me and even then it's sometimes a gamble.

What forum are we talking about, exactly? Remember, the days of BZP forbidding the mentioning of other sites are over. So long as the site/page/topic in question doesn't blatantly disregard BZP's rules, you could even link it so we could evaluate the claim for ourselves.

Edited by Lyichir

What forum are we talking about, exactly? Remember, the days of BZP forbidding the mentioning of other sites are over. So long as the site/page/topic in question doesn't blatantly disregard BZP's rules, you could even link it so we could evaluate the claim for ourselves.

It was on TTV, and the user is lambda_cla3391, who frequents both TTV and Eurobricks from time to time. 

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/bionicle-2016-discussion-topic/15529/18896

(Yeah, the scrolling system is weird, trust me)

It was on TTV, and the user is lambda_cla3391, who frequents both TTV and Eurobricks from time to time. 

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/bionicle-2016-discussion-topic/15529/18896

(Yeah, the scrolling system is weird, trust me)

I dunno, this seems a little suspect. I'm sure they're a completely honest person, but there might have been a miscommunication between the employee and somebody higher up. I also know that making up answers to customer questions is a somewhat common in product stores. 

The fact that we're getting a show makes me question this the most. 

Edited by Irrie

bZpOwEr

Fair enough. I was just curious on how plausible it really is that BIONICLE might be doing bad since Aanchir, Lyichir and others tend to know their stuff pretty darn well. It does seem plausible that the employee could have made things up, but at the same time this was a LEGO store and I don't think an employee would call a line a terminal theme if they want to sell sets.

Edited by Tarvaxx

Fair enough. I was just curious on how plausible it really is that BIONICLE might be doing bad since Aanchir, Lyichir and others tend to know their stuff pretty darn well. It does seem plausible that the employee could have made things up, but at the same time this was a LEGO store and I don't think an employee would call a line a terminal theme if they want to sell sets.

I think it's common for smaller city stores not to get the new sets in for awhile after they come out.  I live between two "larger" cities and one "small" city.  The "larger" ones both have the sets, whereas the smaller one doesn't have many new sets at all yet.  The employee at that LEGO store could of just been referring to that particular store; the store, knowing how well the sets sell in your area, may only sell them for a short time.  I live in Southern WI and all the stores around me seem to have the sets (not including the smaller city which only has Walmart to sell any LEGO).

P.S. I do not live close to a LEGO store so I don't know their practices.

Edited by Rakrondewl