OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

Gee, I've completely lost track of what's been happening... I think I'm too far gone. Can anyone fill me in on the story so far?

For the 2015 just watch the 18 online episodes on YouTube :)

For 2016. I would recommend watching Journey to One and not clicking on the spoiler tag I posted here. If however you would like to know the story even without watching Journey to One, here it is:  Edit - for some strange reasons spoiler tags don't work for me. Couls somebody help me with this? I won't post the text I intended so that I don't accidentally spoil the story of the show for someone  :(

Edited by Umm Durmán

IhDIrLK.jpg

I've checked out a store near-by a day ago, and they weren't stocking the summer wave yet, however several Hungarian online retailers already list them as in stock, and they can be ordered. They probably either waited till today to stock it in brick and mortars, or only this store didn't stock them (it isn't a dedicated toy store, just a larger store with a toy section, so that might explain it)

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I just spent some money.

QB and UtD aren't on the UK S@H yet. IIRC, UtD is being released next month. Not sure about QB though, but I'm not too upset about lacking him.

We started the day without Ekimu, so they're still updating. I'm sure quake beast will be in the shop by the end of this day, next one tops.

I just spent some money.

7458fbea1363907ba703640c2ca04361.png

27119770380_3719fdee16_o.png

QB and UtD aren't on the UK S@H yet. IIRC, UtD is being released next month. Not sure about QB though, but I'm not too upset about lacking him.

Wow, awesome, dude!:D

Great news to everyone who uses the American LegoShop.com: the summer sets came out today in the website! Go order them if you want them!:D

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I cannot, for the life of me, find Quake Beast anywhere in my area, and I haven't even seen him pop up on the lego store. Is this another Breakout Breez, situation?

What do you mean by that? Breez in the Breakout series was delayed (along with Thornraxx) from the winter wave until the summer wave in the U.S. But we're already IN the summer wave, and I certainly don't expect Quake Beast to be delayed until next winter (especially since this summer wave is fairly small already).

I had heard rumors that Quake Beast might be a store exclusive in at least some regions. I don't know if that's accurate, though, and if so, I'm not sure what store it'd be exclusive to.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I was about to post this here, anyways...

For those of you who are interested in the BIONICLE magazine that was released in Germany today:

- The comic is a translation of the first 20 pages of the first graphic novel.

- The German translation is (for the most part) excellent.

- The Toa are called "uniters" even in their 2015 form. (Probably for marketing reasons.)

- The next issue will be released on August 11th; it will contain another small BIONICLE-inspired set ("Ekimu's hawk"), and, apparently, the rest of the first graphic novel (30 pages).

I think that covers the most important stuff. For those of you who speak German, I've written an article that is a bit more in-depth. For those of you who don't, you can try automatic translation, but I wouldn't recommend it. It messes up a lot. :)

"Hawk" actually might be the wrong word - the correct translation seems to be "falcon". The German word is "Falke", so I have no idea why "hawk" was the first thing that came to my mind. :D

Yes, there's a picture: https://imgur.com/rrdTZdm

The text below the set says:

"Exclusive set:

Ekimu's falcon!

Can sit on the Mask Maker's arm!"

No, I don't speak English... :( :P

Does anyone know what the "official" name is for the small Scorpio thing in the German BIONICLE Magazine?  Is it a non-skull Scorpio?

The German magazine cover calls it "Totenkopf-Skorpion" which is the German name for Skull Scorpio. If that's to be trusted then it's just meant to be a Skull Scorpio, even though it doesn't really look like one at all.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone know the product numbers for Ekimu and Lava Beast for both Target and TRU Stores? Me and my father just went out to try and get the two sets I do not yet own but to no avail.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I want the hawk. It'll go great with '15 Ekimu too.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Just grabbed UtD

he's pretty neat

I might post pics if anyone wants me to

That'd be great. :) You should pose him fighting all six Toa or something.

:miru:

Edited by FrozenPancake_

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

Just grabbed UtD

he's pretty neat

I might post pics if anyone wants me to

That'd be great. :) You should pose him fighting all six Toa or something.

:miru:

I don't have Gali

I'm not sure whether thats good or bad though

Gali's actually a decent set IMO. 

Maybe you can just have Tahu and Kopaka (In Unity mode) fighting UtD. That'd be pretty cool. 

96DIFYm.png

Just gonna throw up a few pictures I took earlier. If anyone was wondering, you CAN actually cheat a little to attach the Corruption Masks in a way that lets you open and close the Beast mouths. Both the top and bottom jaws swing independently, which means the whole thing is a little loose, but it's a nice display option if you don't care about questionable connections. Doesn't quite work as well for Umarak though, unfortunately. 

Mouth%20Closed_zpsjnvgtamc.jpg

Mouth%20Open_zpslaqcglnj.jpg

• Upvote 8

So, which of the summer sets contain either new molds or new to Bionicle G2 molds?

Also, any suggestions for non-Bionicle sets that contain the CCBS torsos that haven't been used in Bionicles(and ieally providing a nice selection of other non-Bionicle parts)?

Can't follow the pictorial instructions to build official models and can't distinguish colors, so my interest in new sets is kind of limited to what can add new shapes and forms to mocing.

Just so you know, I'm blinad

So, which of the summer sets contain either new molds or new to Bionicle G2 molds?

Also, any suggestions for non-Bionicle sets that contain the CCBS torsos that haven't been used in Bionicles(and ieally providing a nice selection of other non-Bionicle parts)?

Can't follow the pictorial instructions to build official models and can't distinguish colors, so my interest in new sets is kind of limited to what can add new shapes and forms to mocing.

All five summer sets include a new shell piece that's like a spiky crystal and attaches directly to a ball joint like a normal CCBS shell. It doesn't have any other connection points besides the ball snap. Ekimu uses one on his hammer (this is actually Ekimu's only truly new mold), Quake Beast uses three on his right arm and shoulder, and the rest use one on each of their upper arms.

All three beasts include a new "beast mask" piece that is wider than most masks, with a jagged sort of look. Also, all three beasts plus Umarak the Destroyer include a new lower jaw piece that attaches to the heads with two cross axle holes. It can't really open and close, but by having a hero character uppercut it, it knocks off their mask, same as hitting the back of their eyestalk.

Umarak the Destroyer has a new "corrupted" version of the Mask of Control. Instead of having horns, it has crystals growing out of the sides that wrap around brick-built horns kind of similar in build to Skull Basher's, but angled down. The "chin" of the original Mask of Control is also swapped out for a jagged row of teeth to complement the lower jaw piece.

Quake Beast and Storm Beast have a new 5x7 torso beam that previously was used in some of this year's Star Wars buildable figures. It's sort of like a normal 7x9 CCBS torso beam like last year's Toa used, only instead of having built-in shoulder and neck joints, it has more Technic pin holes and axle holes so you can attach custom shoulders and a custom neck.

Storm Beast has two of a Technic piece that... ah, how do I describe it? You know the piece that Skull Scorpio used for his function, that's like a cross axle in the middle with a hole for a small "towball" on each side? Storm Beast has something like that, but ten modules long instead of six, and flat in the middle instead of cross-shaped. It's not a new piece, and has been in Technic and System sets for many years, but this is its first time appearing in a Bionicle set.

Lava Beast and Umarak have 20-tooth Technic gears, about 3x3 in size. They were common in G1 Bionicle (they were used on the back of the original Toa to control their gear functions) but this is their first appearance in Bionicle G2. They're used to open and close Umarak's claws and Lava Beast's blade-wings, and the teeth can mesh with the 12-tooth 2x2 gears that are used on some of the Protectors' tools and for the 2016 Toa's waist functions, or with the special new gears that appear on a lot of this year's creatures.

Finally, Ekimu has a part that was used in the 2008 Bionicle sets but not yet in any other G2 Bionicle sets. It's a 3x3 L-shaped Technic connector with two pin holes coming out of each side. It was designed for the 2006 LEGO Mindstorms sets as a sturdier way to connect Technic beams together at right angles, and the 2008 Phantoka and Mistika Makuta sets from Bionicle used it as a way to snap Matoran onto their backs.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Aanchir

Just gonna throw up a few pictures I took earlier. If anyone was wondering, you CAN actually cheat a little to attach the Corruption Masks in a way that lets you open and close the Beast mouths. Both the top and bottom jaws swing independently, which means the whole thing is a little loose, but it's a nice display option if you don't care about questionable connections. Doesn't quite work as well for Umarak though, unfortunately. 

[...]

Very nice pictures. Maybe I should order some of the summer sets for my birthday tomorrow...

True, but it also forces the image of Marvel's MCU Odin into my head. I don't think it would be flattering for Ekimu to be associated with one of the worst parents in history. :P

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

True, but it also forces the image of Marvel's MCU Odin into my head. I don't think it would be flattering for Ekimu to be associated with one of the worst parents in history. :P

Didn't Odin have ravens though? I may be confusing actual Norse myth with Marvel, I haven't watched Thor in a while. 

Besides, Okotan parenting probably isn't nearly as bad as sending your son into an entirely different realm when he's grounded... :P

Anyway, I dig the hawk. I'll probably go a-BrickLinking to build my own.

96DIFYm.png

Please let us know how that goes. I'm really wanting it myself lol.

I will. The beak piece is probably exclusive, so mine won't be totally accurate. (Correct me if I'm wrong, however.)

Edited by FrozenPancake_

96DIFYm.png

I will. The beak piece is probably exclusive, so mine won't be totally accurate. (Correct me if I'm wrong, however.)

Actually, the beak can be found in the Golden Ninja Lego Dimensions Pack

The Chronicles of The Chronicler WIP.

Hey-O, I leik Jell-O

Actually, the beak can be found in the Golden Ninja Lego Dimensions Pack

It's also in nine other sets this year.

• Upvote 1

Look who arrived on Saturday!

CkIaqc5WgAA6Kif.jpg

But wait, there's more!

CkIaqjBWkAAYr0p.jpg

I've already been fiddling around with modding my duplicate Storm Beast to my specifications. I'll take photos when he's fixed up :)

EDIT: The full range is now available on S@H! I've just ordered UtD (and a Power Functions motor) :)

7ff637e20b374bb94fac36da6925f4a9.png

Edited by Logan McOwen
  • Upvote 6

-Snip-

After all this waiting they're finally all available, probably gonna get all 5 in one swoop to save on postage.

That storm beast photo of yours is hilarious, now that I think about it there's probably a lot of funny photo's to take of him.

Edited by The Invisible Noob