OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

Ordered my last Bionicle set from Toys 'R' Us not too long ago. Hope Lava Beast turns out to be a decent set. Either way he'll complete my collection of fire element figures. Just wish I could have found him in the store, but sadly all of the Beasts were nowhere to be found.

I lied. I got the chance to splurge on sets a week or two ago. Picked up the Kopaka and Melum Unity set, Uniter Lewa, Skull Slicer, and Skull Warrior. Sadly, this means I really need to get Storm Beast, Uxar, Master Lewa, and Master Kopaka in order to fill out the rest of those two elements. Just hope I can still find the two Masters.

On a positive note, I'm really excited to build Uniter Kopaka. His set looks really cool.

Good thing that I got every single 2016 set (except Ekimu's Falke, sadly.:( ) and book.:)

Anyway, does anyone know where to get Ekimu's Falke or when will it come out in the US? I am looking forward to get it due to the fact that it is the Creature of Light.

Agil will be released with the final issue of the Bionicle magazine on October 26th exclusively in Europe.

Good thing that I got every single 2016 set (except Ekimu's Falke, sadly.:( ) and book.:)

Anyway, does anyone know where to get Ekimu's Falke or when will it come out in the US? I am looking forward to get it due to the fact that it is the Creature of Light.

Agil will be released with the final issue of the Bionicle magazine on October 26th exclusively in Europe.

Well, that stinks, because I'm from the US.:(

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Well, that stinks, because I'm from the US.:(

It'll likely be possible to order one from eBay or Amazon after it's released. There's also Bricklink if you don't mind not getting the official set.
  • Upvote 1

Quick questions: are the crystal blades of Uniter Kopaka and Uniter Gali the same color (meaning the blue part)? And is the trans-blue part of their respective crystal armor addons the same color, or is Gali's silver+trans blue and Kopaka's gold+trans light blue?

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Why on Earth can I not find the summer wave in stores? And why have the Bionicle sections in the LEGO aisles disappeared? I expect better from WalMart and Target...and Amazon is overpriced, so I can't turn to that. I'll probably just order these from LEGO, but I just don't understand the deal here. 

In the United States, the summer 2016 Bionicle sets are exclusive to Toys 'R' Us. As for why other stores' Bionicle sections are disappearing, I guess that the ones you've visited have simply sold out of all the Bionicle sets they had in stock and opted not to order more from LEGO.

Picked up Storm Beast today, but I still haven't built him just yet. Somewhat surprised to even see all of the beasts side by side at my local Toys 'R' Us all things considered. I had to actually order Lava Beast because the store didn't have them in stock at all when the wave first launched.

If I can somehow make it out to my local Barnes & Noble, I should be able to grab Uxar. That set will round out the 2016 half of my collection at least. Then maybe I'll finally be done with G2. :P

Why on Earth can I not find the summer wave in stores? And why have the Bionicle sections in the LEGO aisles disappeared? I expect better from WalMart and Target...and Amazon is overpriced, so I can't turn to that. I'll probably just order these from LEGO, but I just don't understand the deal here.

In the United States, the summer 2016 Bionicle sets are exclusive to Toys 'R' Us. As for why other stores' Bionicle sections are disappearing, I guess that the ones you've visited have simply sold out of all the Bionicle sets they had in stock and opted not to order more from LEGO.

Wal-Mart hasn't had carried a good stock of constraction since the last year of Hero Factory in my experience and my local Target is only marginally better. In terms of variety, the nearby Barnes and Noble is pretty good, but even then there's not as much available as there is at Toys 'R' Us.

Oh, that makes sense...I actually found them at Toys R Us two days ago! So now I have the entire collection, built 'em all that night. Sad that these are the last ones...that fact hit me last night. But I had fun building these, and they look awesome. Umarak is a lot bigger than I expected. 

At the risk of being judged for my opinions again, I will not say much, but I will leave this here. Someone brought this to my attention when I gave my own thoughts and opinions of Bionicle's demise. And it might align with why it was suddenly halted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2016/09/06/the-surprising-reason-lego-wanted-people-to-stop-buying-its-toys/?postshare=7251473236887115&tid=ss_fb

At the risk of being judged for my opinions again, I will not say much, but I will leave this here. Someone brought this to my attention when I gave my own thoughts and opinions of Bionicle's demise. And it might align with why it was suddenly halted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2016/09/06/the-surprising-reason-lego-wanted-people-to-stop-buying-its-toys/?postshare=7251473236887115&tid=ss_fb

So.. They... Cancelled... BIONICLE... Because... They... Couldn't... Make... Enough... Sets... To... Meet... Demands....... Well, maybe not so much with BIONICLE, but with other themes yes? And that they cancelled it to discourage people from buying sets in other themes due to the high demand that they couldn't deal with...?

Give me a second.

*runs out of house*

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Not gonna judge you, but I should clarify that the headline from that article is super misleading. LEGO didn't want people to "stop buying its toys". They just didn't want to continue creating new demand that they couldn't fulfill. Or to put it more simply, it's not that they wanted the number of people buying sets to go down, it's that they didn't want it to go up faster than they could keep up with. So this year they put less money into marketing for the Americas, and put more money towards expanding their production line.

It's not completely outrageous to think that Bionicle may have been cut short in order to give other, more popular themes more breathing room. Even if Bionicle G2 was popular enough to be profitable, it might not have been the most effective use of resources at a time when resources were already being spread thin. That said, even if that were a factor, that's not to say it was the only factor or even the main factor.

• Upvote 2

Good thing that I got every single 2016 set (except Ekimu's Falke, sadly. :( ) and book. :)

It has been available in Germany since August 11th.

No, I don't speak English... :( :P

niQ5QmI.png

So... yeah. Discussion ain't done yet.

Though since Kopaka is officially Storm Beast's counterpart, it would be sensible to assume this is some kind of mistake (but a weird one at that...)

BTW, if anyone is wondering what I am talking about, check out the top banner. Refers to Protectors as "Matoran"

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Though since Kopaka is officially Storm Beast's counterpart, it would be sensible to assume this is some kind of mistake (but a weird one at that...)

I mean, the set comes with Kopaka's mask, but the Storm Beasts are made from the water Shadow Traps and shoot water and stuff so I'd say Gali is probably the correct foil.

Why did the put Kopaka's mask in the set? Who knows, but I'd guess he was more popular with kids.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I mean, the set comes with Kopaka's mask, but the Storm Beasts are made from the water Shadow Traps and shoot water and stuff so I'd say Gali is probably the correct foil.

Why did the put Kopaka's mask in the set? Who knows, but I'd guess he was more popular with kids.

True -  I think it was more to have the three beasts correspond to the three larger Toa sets. Also, I think they did subtly change its element to be in line with Kopaka in Journey to One.

Regardless of that, the Matoran headline still intrigues me.

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

Eh…

They haven't been referred to as "Matoran" anywhere before (except on that one foreign promotional page) and the poster is heavily stylized already.

I doubt it means anything big, but if it does then it's weird that it's never come up until now.

'Kulta' came out of nowhere in Lego Magazine too, and then the concept art came out with Kulta Kal and it turned out the name 'Kulta' was straight from the Bionicle team after all.

Two unrelated instances of "Matoran" doesn't prove anything completely, but I'd say it's pretty strongly indicative that they were using the term internally the whole time. They don't just fly by the seat of their pants when they make the magazine - they have reference material from the people who develop the featured themes.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Hey everyone

Nice to meet you all. Just going to let you all know im not a spammer. :) Im just here to share around my YOUTUBE VIDEO. Its a how to build Ekimu's Falke "Agil" (Hawk of light) Elemental creature of light.

It would be awesome for BIG BIONICLE fans to please check it out let me know what you guys think and do like and subscribe if you did enjoy it!!! :) I also have a Moc Ekimu combined set if you guys also want to watch. Im just a new youtuber starting out and would like your awesome feedback about my video!! Any good feedback would be greatly appreciated 

Thank you very much for reading my post and stay tuned for more videos if you are watching :) 

KInd regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If there was one thing i never understood about G2 was that the Ekimu umarak destroyer and the beasts never got advertised in the lego catalog. Even Toys'R'Us didn't list them on any offers in their catalogues throughout this year.

On lego's part this was harsh since they have yet to remain for this year but ninjago gets 6 pages, nexo knights got 4 pages and starwars gets 8 pages but not one panel page for G2 second wave.

Note this was in the european catalogue.

G2 must have really sold bad if lego didn't bother finishing advertising them.

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

If there was one thing i never understood about G2 was that the Ekimu umarak destroyer and the beasts never got advertised in the lego catalog. Even Toys'R'Us didn't list them on any offers in their catalogues throughout this year.

On lego's part this was harsh since they have yet to remain for this year but ninjago gets 6 pages, nexo knights got 4 pages and starwars gets 8 pages but not one panel page for G2 second wave.

Note this was in the european catalogue.

G2 must have really sold bad if lego didn't bother finishing advertising them.

I got the September and November catalogues. It is in the same situation. Poor Bionicle G2.:(

Man, things are really being torn apart for the franchise (Mixels as well). Even on its 15th anniversary this year.:(

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Why advertise a line that's already been cancelled?

As long as the sets are still available it makes sense for it to get SOME advertising. But it's not as high a priority as other products that are newer or more widely available.

I'm assuming the catalogs y'all are referring to are the US mail-order catalogs, and it's worth bearing in mind that in recent years those tend to omit a LOT of sets. For instance, the Late Holiday 2016 catalog only lists three Technic sets, four City sets, and two Elves sets. The earlier Big Holiday Catalog is more detailed, but even it only lists two of the six City Volcano Explorers sets and two of the summer Elves sets, despite both City and Elves being pretty popular and successful themes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to my local Toys'R'Us today.  This is a blurry picture of the Bionicle sets in the G2 aisle.

As usual, Skull Slicer is shelfwarming, which is a pity, since it's a good source of cool pieces and has a pretty neat build.  Skull Basher also seems to be unpopular, and from what I can tell, the summer 2016 sets are proving hard to move what with the line being cancelled (and, in my personal opinion, they look kinda dumb anyways)- at another Toys'R'Us I visited today, I found, among other things, dozens of Umarak the Destroyer!  I was kinda surprised to find Tahu, Master of Fire there, and at a lower price than usual!  Something tells me toy stores ordered too much of him and ended up not selling enough, along with some of the other Masters, and that's why Amazon still has a couple in stock (if at a higher price point these days).  Uniter Tahu, meanwhile, ended up quite scarce once the summer rolled around; I had some trouble procuring him so I could make my Makuta.  Also worth noting is that some of the newer sets have higher prices than usual- Pohatu sold for seventeen bucks, creatures sell for eleven, and Ekimu is twenty-five!

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

A fellow member of a Bionicle facebook fan group for Hungary discovered that Tesco (kinda like our equivalent of Walmart) was selling off Umarak the Destroyer and Ekimu the Mask Maker for 800 Ft (meaning 2 USD), probably to get rid of stock. Like any true Bionicle fan, he bought several of both before letting the info slip. Unfortunately, I don't live close, but a very kind and helpful relative helped and rushed to Tesco to see if anything was left. The entire store only had one UtD left in terms of Bionicle. 

Got UtD in my hands today. Initially, I didn't intend buying this set at all due to the price, but at such a deal it was impossible to pass up. Based on reviews, I was expecting something worse (like horrid neck design) and expected him to be melted for parts instantly, but after building the set, I'm very, very pleasantly surprised!

Maybe it's because in spite of growing up I've retained my "child's eye" for Bionicle (which is probably why I see almost all G2 sets as "cool", even the unpopular ones, in spite of understanding the design flaws), but having built the set and seeing it's size and bulkiness I can't help but be impressed. I'm a tad miffed about the limited posability, but UtD is definitely not getting scrapped for parts. 

I usually vet closely which Bionicle sets I buy due to a limited budget for Lego and such, so this is the closest thing to an impulse buy I ever got, but I am very glad I did!

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

So the 'Bionicle Explore' section of Bionicle.com has received an update. It has story info for the Summer 2016 sets and Makuta. And in typical Bioncle.com fashion, there are mistakes here. (Specifically Quake Beast being shown as Storm Beast. :P)

But the most interesting tidbit of info to be reveal is in Ekimu's character overview. It states that he transformed into a 7th Toa, a Toa of Light.

As I still haven't seen Journey to One, I don't know if this contradicts anything established in the show. Regardless, this is a info drop that seemingly came out of nowhere IMO. I just thought that Ekimu summer 2016 form was him in a 'powered up' mode of some kind. But I guess he became Gen 2's Toa of Light. I didn't see that becoming a thing.  :blink:

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

They jokingly make a G1 reference in regards to the entire situation, but otherwise, it isn't really touched upon. He does revert back to his Mask Maker form after the final battle, however, so I'm assuming that's actually non-canon.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

What if Ekimu was originally intended to be the 7th Toa in the original 3-year plan, but the plot was modified when Lego decided to cancel the theme? We already know the ending of Journey to One was rewritten because of the cancellation... maybe that has something to do with it? *shrugs*

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.