OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

So, Ideas on the Roles of the Bear Traps?

Seems pretty straightforward - Umarak, the Hunter, uses these living traps to capture the Elemental Creatures, which the Toa must seek out.

It all sounds really interesting to me, I love the hunter/animal theme.

IetTsFQ.png

So, Ideas on the Roles of the Bear Traps?

Seems pretty straightforward - Umarak, the Hunter, uses these living traps to capture the Elemental Creatures, which the Toa must seek out.

It all sounds really interesting to me, I love the hunter/animal theme.

"I'm Umarak, the Creature-dile hunter." 

• Upvote 1

I cannot even begin to describe how much I'm looking forward to the 2016 winter wave. 

I also cannot wait for my copies of the two new novels to arrive. 

Furthermore, I cannot wait to get Kulta and Ekimu to finish off my 2015 collection.

I cannot wait to learn patience. 

• Upvote 8

bZpOwEr

Makuta-bones! Piraka and Rahkshi! Now I have to buy the small and medium sets to have all the awesome. At least the combiners this year were wimpy. Phoenix Tahu is just awesome, and I want to build it! But I need to save money. Piraka!

Observation: does Umarak's mask/face look a bit like Kulta's mask? Perhaps Umarak is a living member of Kulta's species, and the species whose bones were used to make the other Skulls.

Edited by Regitnui
  • Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

At least the combiners this year were wimpy. Phoenix Tahu is just awesome, and I want to build it!

I actually don't think that is a combiner, it looks like the Creature can just clip onto Tahu's back like the '08 Phantoka/Av-Matoran.

I hope we do get some sweet combiners, though.

IetTsFQ.png

Yes, the animals have gear functions. Ikir's wings, for example, flap up and down. They're connected together by these sort of half gear, half axels.

As for the Toa, they have a gear function too, where their waist swings from side to side, like Makuta in 2003.

And now, the people going on and on about the "Hero Factory torso" can shut up.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Well now that just sounds incredible. 2016 may out-do 2015!

:biorules:

2015 gave us the return of gear boxes.

2016 gave us waist swivels.

You can notice the functions start to go down the body, so by 2017 we should have some function related to the legs/feet.

(literal) BUTT-KICKING toa confirmed for 2017!

Edited by admiraltyphoon
  • Upvote 11

SH0Gxlo.png

Nah, this is just the compromise they had to make in order for there to be a space for the creatures to combine with the Toa, like the 08 Matoran, while STILL including a gear function for the Toa themselves. Next year, they'll probably ditch the combiner gimmick and make a hyper-specialized new gearbox like in the old days. I dunno.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

These 2016 sets look great! I love the waist swivel on the Toa, and the combining feature looks like what we got in 2008, but way better. I'm definitely planning on picking up the entire wave if I got the funds.

Also, I hope Umarak gets good backstory as a villain. I would be interesting to see his motives, and see his role expand as a villain. I hope he isn't just a "mini-boss" like Lord of Skull Spiders was.

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I'm not sure why they gave him a silver mask, I think a black or even a dark reddish brown one, would've worked a lot better. 

It's hard to be certain, but I think his mask is gunmetal, it just looks silver because of the render quality. His mask, shoulder armor, and the beartrap are all the same color, which looks different from the silver sword pieces.

Again, though, the renders featured in the magazines are so absurdly inaccurate sometimes that it's impossible to be sure about the colors until better images are released.

• Upvote 2

IetTsFQ.png

It's hard to be certain, but I think his mask is gunmetal, it just looks silver because of the render quality. His mask, shoulder armor, and the beartrap are all the same color, which looks different from the silver sword pieces.

Oh yeah I think you're right, the silver parts do look quite a bit brighter. The color difference is very noticeable when you compare the chain on his right shoulder to the shoulder pad it is attached to.

Hail Denmark

I'm just going to go over the new gear function, since I don't think it's been said outright anywhere here yet.

rvqmpVX.png

The new sets absolutely positively 100% have waist-articulation, the same way that Teridax had it in 2003 - spin that gear on the back of their waist, and the entire upper-body will rotate.

It uses a capped size 4 axle running through a new "gearbox" piece (to which the legs attach), and a small gear on the back connects to the large gear in the waist.

The only thing is, it doesn't seem to have any added friction, which really irritated me about Teridax's function...Unless there's some kind of friction built into the gearbox itself, anyway.

• Upvote 2

IetTsFQ.png

Is there any reason for those gears being used on Tahu's weapons? Do they have a purpose, or are they just there for show?

Twisting the gears on his weapons causes the lower parts on his swords to strike forward/backward. His weapons can also connect together into a sort of staff, since one of them has an axle under the handle.

IetTsFQ.png

I'm looking forward to more animations, maybe some new characters, (whether they get sets or not) and lots of new pieces and functions.

HYPE TRAIN 2K16

If you're talking about the animations by DumDum, we might not be getting any next year.

Well that's a disappointment. Hope it's not the case in the end.

I personally don't mind since we're already getting a Netflix show.

Hail Denmark

I'm not surprised that there is now a Official 2016 Bionicle Topic. This will help keep the Official 2015 Bionicle Topic focused on, well, 2015 Bionicle. :P

Anyways, the preview image has me looking forward to the next year of the story. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I just noticed something...

H288y1T.png

This Gear connects via pin. Is that a New Piece?

It reminds me of the bohrok neck pieces that allowed them to lunge their heads forward. Perhaps it's the same piece, just updated. Or maybe it's a new piece that delivers or helps to deliver a similar function.

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

What the heck is that thing attached to Umarak's sword? At a glance it looks like a stud launcher, but it seems to be flat. What the heck is it? And why is Umarak's bow not in this picture? They even mention it in his description.

I reckon Umarak has a bow with a launcher (like Vizuna and Skull Warrior), and the thing chained to his sword is an ammo clip to hold the extra studs.

IetTsFQ.png

I'm just going to go over the new gear function, since I don't think it's been said outright anywhere here yet.

The new sets absolutely positively 100% have waist-articulation, the same way that Teridax had it in 2003 - spin that gear on the back of their waist, and the entire upper-body will rotate.

It uses a capped size 4 axle running through a new "gearbox" piece (to which the legs attach), and a small gear on the back connects to the large gear in the waist.

The only thing is, it doesn't seem to have any added friction, which really irritated me about Teridax's function...Unless there's some kind of friction built into the gearbox itself, anyway.

See, I think that they use the new friction pin that has a double long axle side, the one that came with LoSS, to attach both sets of gears to the hip piece. That way, there should be enough friction to keep them stable. At least hopefully. After how well they did the gears for this year, I can only imagine they treated the 2016 sets with the same level of care. Edited by sydorack

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

What the heck is that thing attached to Umarak's sword? At a glance it looks like a stud launcher, but it seems to be flat. What the heck is it? And why is Umarak's bow not in this picture? They even mention it in his description.

I reckon Umarak has a bow with a launcher (like Vizuna and Skull Warrior), and the thing chained to his sword is an ammo clip to hold the extra studs.

Huh, never thoguht of it like that, an ammo-clip (or "Energy Quiver" as i feel driven to call it) is a really nice touch. :u

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png