OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

So this topic is a thing now. But we still can't talk about the other toa... 

Due to the Leaked Content Policy in place. Now that Lego has revealed those three sets, I'm sure they'll reveal the rest soon enough, and the instant that happens, we can speak of the other toa.

I hope so. I mean have you seen *television static*.

It's time to move on.

Due to the Leaked Content Policy in place. Now that Lego has revealed those three sets, I'm sure they'll reveal the rest soon enough, and the instant that happens, we can speak of the other toa.

I mean, we've technically already seen all the sets on that poster that was shown in the mask maker contest video :P

• Upvote 1

Hail Denmark

I hope so. I mean have you seen *television static*.

Haven't we all seen them? We just can't discuss them.

I mean, we've technically already seen all the sets on that poster that was shown in the mask maker contest video :P

Oh right...

*Smile widens*

Here's a closeup of the poster:

7Xf5UHB.jpg

From that, we can clearly see a Creature flying behind each Toa. It also looks like the Mask of Control looking over them. Oh, and in case you need further proof of the waist-swivel function, notice the white halos around Tahu's middle - clearly an indication of the swivel functionality.

Edit: Bear in mind the leak policy doesn't just prohibit sharing leaks, but also discussing leaks. There's really no reason to be mentioning them at all.

Edited by Nescent
  • Upvote 2

IetTsFQ.png

I like where they are going with 2016: new gimmicks, new enemies, new forms. I just can't get behind the overcomplicated in-your-face "detail". All the clashing textures are jarring in the magazine image. At least the creature looks pretty good...?

I admire what Lego has done with the sets, but I feel like 2016 will go a bit too far in terms of overcomplicating things. There are so many distractors in the sets that it's hard to make out what is what. I hope these overcomplicated plastics are just products of the CGI rendering and look better inn person, because I'm starting to get Bayformer vibes from Tahu and Umarak...

So can we post that poster that was in the Mask Maker video? Is that considered a leak? I have a higher quality one saved than the one above...

yeesssss!

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So can we post that poster that was in the Mask Maker video? Is that considered a leak? I have a higher quality one saved than the one above...

The poster I embedded above is taken straight from the video, but the one you're talking about is definitely a leak.

IetTsFQ.png

The poster I embedded above is taken straight from the video, but the one you're talking about is definitely a leak.

So we can post the small one and not the big one? Logic? It's still the same image. Ah well.

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Hey guys, check this out: https://instagram.com/p/9et6hFwFsf/

Do I see a "Kulta Kal" in the lower left hand corner of that image? It looks like maybe Kulta's not quite done for yet. 

Why does concept art always look like it has better designs?

And why does this have to be 100% correct when it comes to Bionicle?

However, that would be an interesting concept for 2017.

We could get the Toa's 3rd forms in the winter wave, and 6 villains + a Makuta vs. Ekimu set in summer.

And then you could combine the 6 villains and Makuta with the MOUP as the final enemy or something like that.

Edited by admiraltyphoon

SH0Gxlo.png

Do I see a "Kulta Kal" in the lower left hand corner of that image? It looks like maybe Kulta's not quite done for yet. 

I'm pretty sure that's concept art for the Skull Villain combiner. Hence, uh, why it looks like a combination of those concept skull villains.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zHthwCUT0jw/VZyqnBxj8-I/AAAAAAAAJUQ/ifNzajBFtQ0/s1600/150707b-lego-bionicle-2015-combinerA.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-d5RtpFoQkeE/VZyqhBsuHSI/AAAAAAAAJUI/EnUcsM0LBTA/s1600/150707c-lego-bionicle-2015-combinerB.jpg

Hmm...https://instagram.com/p/9etzgBwFsY/

I'm not sure I follow. 

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure that's concept art for the Skull Villain combiner. Hence, uh, why it looks like a combination of those concept skull villains.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zHthwCUT0jw/VZyqnBxj8-I/AAAAAAAAJUQ/ifNzajBFtQ0/s1600/150707b-lego-bionicle-2015-combinerA.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-d5RtpFoQkeE/VZyqhBsuHSI/AAAAAAAAJUI/EnUcsM0LBTA/s1600/150707c-lego-bionicle-2015-combinerB.jpg

Hmm...https://instagram.com/p/9etzgBwFsY/

I'm not sure I follow. 

There are several different stages of development and concept art that designs go through. "Kulta Kal" and the component Skulls probably came from a different stage of concepts than the other concepts. It's even got designs rather close to the final designs of Skull Basher and Skull Scorpio.

Look, "Kulta Kal" even has three heads, a feature advertised in the Skull Villain combiner that it ultimately didn't have.

I can't explain the name. Maybe Kulta wasn't properly assigned at the time and they were just sticking it to things, maybe it was meant to be a form of Skull Grinder, I don't know. But that's pretty obviously just an early concept for the second Skull Villain combiner.

Edited by Dina Saruyama
  • Upvote 1

Is no one going to talk about the prototype sets on Instagram?

Those appear to all have been 2015 prototypes, so discussion is probably better suited in the 2015 topic (or you can start a new one.) 

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

So at the panel we also got a sneak peek at next year's Kopaka. We weren't allowed to take pics, but a neat feature is that his mask (and presumably the rest of the Toa's as well) has his Nuva symbol molded into it. It also uses a 1x1 round stud as the lens for his eyepiece.

• Upvote 14

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

So at the panel we also got a sneak peek at next year's Kopaka. We weren't allowed to take pics, but a neat feature is that his mask (and presumably the rest of the Toa's as well) has his Nuva symbol molded into it. It also uses a 1x1 round stud as the lens for his eyepiece.

Was anything mentioned about sharing the info itself on, say, social media? Even without a pic, I might like to get the detail about the Nuva symbols posted on our Facebook page.

Whoa, that's cool. It's definitely going to spike more continuation-continuity theories, though. That's alright by me, however. I'm loving the sound of that set, and next year's sets in general.

Was anything mentioned about sharing the info itself on, say, social media? Even without a pic, I might like to get the detail about the Nuva symbols posted on our Facebook page.

Christian didn't say anything about not talking about the pics (I wouldn't exactly be sharing this info if he had). I assume it's probably fine?

For clarification, the symbol is molded near his left brow (and printed on his chest).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think it's possible that these Toa are the same ones we grew up with, but they were summoned to this alternate reality and reincarnated with new bodies and powers an' whatnot. The presence of the Nuva symbols could be an indicator that some of their old power is bleeding back into them, maybe...?

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 4

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I think it's possible that these Toa are the same ones we grew up with, but they were summoned to this alternate reality and reincarnated with new bodies and powers an' whatnot. The presence of the Nuva symbols could be an indicator that some of their old power is bleeding back into them, maybe...?

I mean, anything can happen. It is a fictional universe after all. I think we're going to see subliminal ties to G1 that hint strongly at these being the Toa Mata, but they won't go into detail and will keep the old story out of future plotlines so that no one has to learn any of the old lore. 

Of course, even directly linking the universe and using it for future plotlines wouldn't be much of a problem as long as they keep the super complicated things out of it. I mean, lore heavy entries in The Elder Scrolls series like TES V: Skyrim mention quite a few things about past games, yet you don't need to have played those games to enjoy Skyrim's story or understand the world around you. I mean, vaguely mentioning something like the defeat of Teridax later on and leaving it at that isn't any different from mentioning the Oblivion Crisis. It exists there to enrich the experience of older fans, but has no effect on the story or events in the future for new fans. 

Edited by Tarvaxx

You can see the new gear piece more clearly, if slightly more blurrily, in the picture or Ikir:

newgearpiece.png

Pretty obviously new, but as for what purpose it serves in the set I can't tell.  I can't see any other gear teeth that would mesh with it.  Oh well, the future is for learning.

Also, given the theme of taming animals the Mask of Control has to be the target mask this year, right?

e: turns out if I had actually read the description in the LEGO Club Magazine I'd have known this

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

Also, given the theme of taming animals the Mask of Control has to be the target mask this year, right?

Probably. We're almost certainly getting the Mask of Control next year regardless, since is was shown very clearly in the background of the BionicleMaskMaker video:

ahF3ERK.png

IetTsFQ.png

Or maybe Okoto is an island on Spherus Magna thousands of years into the future after everyone from G1 is gone, and the Protectors (future Turaga) summoned heroes of the past using the Mask of Time but for now at least they lost their memories in their journey? But who knows.

(and Ekimu's mask of creation is the same one from G1, passed down though generations of mask makers, creators and such by Artakha)

Edited by -Chronix Master of Stuff-

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Is it really such a bad thing that some people want to imagine G2 as if it were a continuation? It's really not someone else's place to tell someone else what they're not allowed to imagine when it comes to a LEGO theme, IMO. The above post comes off as unnecessarily rude...

On the actual topic, I love Tahu's new look. Looks very much like a phoenix to me... although that is a lot of gold. At the same time, that's also a lot of new pieces, and it seems the Ordeal of Fire fire piece is making a return in gold and orange.

• Upvote 10

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I think that us as fans should be able to discuss if there is a connection to G1 without being ridiculed. We aren't hurting the people who don't want there to be a connection, so why do they care?

• Upvote 4

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png