OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

I'm glad your trip was worth the effort, FrozenPancake_.

I think Tahu, Umarak and Kopaka were sold out mostly due to clearance rather than the series selling well. Not to be nay-saying.

Also, I find it interesting that the summer wave is lacking the energy crystals that the winter wave was filled with. The beasts and Umarak are equipped with the new crystal spikes, which isn't surprising since Umarak didn't have any of the energy crystals before. Ekimu on the other hand, is surprising. If we assume crystals = good guy (the toa and creatures) and spikes = bad guys (Umarak and the beasts) then Ekimu should have crystals. (Unless he's a secret bad guy. Jk of course.)

I'm excited to find out the cause of Ekimu's new form. I don't think any Bionicle set had me as excited to get as the original Protector-sized Ekimu.

So I managed to check out my local Walmart. The only reduced prices I saw on the Bionicle sets were one of the elemental creatures being $9.84, while the one next to it was $9.97. I don't know if being $0.13 cheaper would count for an item being on sale. :P

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Hi all. I want to ask. Summer wave of bionicle 2016 is already available in rozetka and will become available on Wednesday in most Kyiv's shops which sell Lego sets. And I'm going to buy quake beast. So - will you need some photos of quake beast on Wednesday-Saturday yet?

Hi all. I want to ask. Summer wave of bionicle 2016 is already available in rozetka and will become available on Wednesday in most Kyiv's shops which sell Lego sets. And I'm going to buy quake beast. So - will you need some photos of quake beast on Wednesday-Saturday yet?

Quake beast is the only elemental beast who doesn't have an early review. Some photos and comments on him would be much appreciated.

Hold on, has anyone mentioned the combination models of Kopaka/Gali/(and technically Melum) or Tahu/Pohatu?

The ones from lego club?

I find it interesting that the combinations match that of the beats.

Water/ice for Kopaka/Gali and Storm beast and Fire/Stone for Lava beast and Tahu/Pohatu.

Yeah people have talked about the combiners, puntastically called twotoa. Personally I didn't like them but after seeing a review I can see how the Kopaka Gali Twotoa are actually pretty good. I don't think lego really intends any connection to the Elemental beasts.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Hold on, has anyone mentioned the combination models of Kopaka/Gali/(and technically Melum) or Tahu/Pohatu?

The ones from lego club?

I find it interesting that the combinations match that of the beats.

Water/ice for Kopaka/Gali and Storm beast and Fire/Stone for Lava beast and Tahu/Pohatu.

I don't know if the beasts are even meant to represent combinations at all. Storm Beast in particular does not include a single exclusively water-related color—both blue colors it uses, Earth Blue and Trans. Light Blue, are shared with Kopaka, and only the latter is even used on Gali at all. As for Lava Beast, it does use Dark Orange for its lower legs, but it's hard to tell if that's for any Stone connotation or if it's just because the parts don't come in any other shades of orange or red.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I don't believe those combo models even hold any story significance, do they?

So far they don't. Maaaybe in the summer they will, but so far no.

I genuinely hope something called "Twotoa" will be kept far away from the canon.

:kakama:

• Upvote 3

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I called a LEGO store near me (in Canada) and they told me that the summer wave of Bionicle is to be released on June 1st. They also told me that only a select few stores will actually carry them (so in this case, the larger locations) and that otherwise they would only be made available for purchase online. I mentioned Umarak and his apparent later release date, they said that there was another set coming out, but they didn't know the details themselves..and they couldnt confirm whether this was Umarak or not. I think it is...so he might be made available in July. There is a lot I still do not know...other than what they told me about the sets solely being made available in select stores or online. 

I genuinely hope something called "Twotoa" will be kept far away from the canon.

I wouldn't mind so long as we got a Lewa/Onua model. It would be nice to know more specifics on combination models anyways. Like who's more in control, is it even or an entirely new sentience? How is it activated? Can they swap masks and merge like Takutanuva?

I know the original combinations of the 3 toa Mata had their own sentience but I'm curious how it works in G2.

0_183b82_f81ba31a_orig.jpg

You're going to have to give us some context here Dimaks. I assume this is from the quake beast set? Did you manage to buy it? Congratulations if you did and I look forward to further pictures.

You're going to have to give us some context here Dimaks. I assume this is from the quake beast set? Did you manage to buy it? Congratulations if you did and I look forward to further pictures.

Sorry for making missunderstanding. I'll buy it later today. This is from Nexo Knights magazine.

Edited by dimaks

I genuinely hope something called "Twotoa" will be kept far away from the canon.

I wouldn't mind so long as we got a Lewa/Onua model. It would be nice to know more specifics on combination models anyways. Like who's more in control, is it even or an entirely new sentience? How is it activated? Can they swap masks and merge like Takutanuva?

I know the original combinations of the 3 toa Mata had their own sentience but I'm curious how it works in G2.

I didn't mean the concept of combo models - I'd love seeing those in the canon.

But in the Lego club magazine or wherever they were shown, they were literally called "Twotoa". It's that name that I want to be kept far away from the canon. I mean, if they kept terms like "Toa", they might as well re-introduce "Kaita". It"s not like just one more non-english name would be over-complication (which is the argument as to why G1 terminology didn't return in G2).

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

Sorry for making missunderstanding. I'll buy it later today. This is from Nexo Knights magazine.

Oh okay. Can you tell me what it says I cant make out all the details.

Oh okay. Can you tell me what it says I cant make out all the details.
It is a picture(not my picture) of bionicle's magazine with mini build of skull scorpion.

I guess this news of a dedicated Bionicle magazine just blew all the naysaying rumors about the line ending out of the water.

Plus the fact that it's German once again proves how well the line is doing here in Europe.

Postpone the apocalypse.

• Upvote 1

So, I have bought quake beast. 

0_184585_324e67c9_L.jpg

Photos will come today or tomorrow.(bigger than this)

I love how those fins/spikes/whatever (the crystal weapon pieces on his shoulder) are breaking through the header with the logo. Little details like that make me really appreciate box-art.

also, lucky you!

• Upvote 1

More pictures

0_184627_50b5b72_XL.jpg

0_184628_7ed51336_XL.jpg

0_184629_243cf64_XL.jpg

0_18462c_e615ff00_XL.jpg

0_18462f_a0d40a77_XL.jpg

0_184632_cef2ac1e_XL.jpg

0_184637_4f72f9c5_XL.jpg

0_184638_552b4b60_XL.jpg

Before purchasing it I thought that crustall shalls are purple...

0_18463b_9e088a51_XL.jpg

Building:

0_18463e_6f403c5d_XL.jpg

0_18463f_91d18eff_XL.jpg

0_184640_bb065e77_XL.jpg

0_184643_30625645_XL.jpg

0_184641_95375f8f_XL.jpg

0_184642_cf6961d9_XL.jpg

0_184644_dbd4de0a_XL.jpg

Extra parts:

0_184647_23556940_XL.jpg

0_184649_fc5e354c_XL.jpg

0_18464c_7737076f_XL.jpg

0_18464e_eacf73e1_XL.jpg

0_184652_a06544fe_XL.jpg

0_184656_4acb5d6a_XL.jpg

0_184657_5cf2abea_XL.jpg

0_18465a_cd4e1119_XL.jpg

0_18465b_8a9b9995_XL.jpg

This photo is yellowish a bit somehow.

0_18465d_245b67b9_XL.jpg

0_184660_aa9d6891_XL.jpg

I dislike this detai, which restricts moving of knee.

0_184662_652d7323_XL.jpg

0_184665_c6ead71_XL.jpg

0_184666_738e3b68_XL.jpg

Firstly I thought that this mechanism doesn't need friction, but while maikng photos I realized, that it needs more friction.

0_184669_2fc56e68_XL.jpg

We can't close the jaw, we can only to do this:

0_18466d_b521216e_XL.jpg
 0_1845f7_70240fd_XL.jpg

Edit: Spoiler tag fixed and converted to "more" tag.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 7

Yesss, today has been good. A thousand thank you's for the early pictures Dimaks, we can now fully see exactly how Quake beast is built. While I have no clue what is up with his shoulders, the rest of the model is solid and I do love that he has a custom-ish torso with a gear function. The restriction on the knee joint seems like no big issue to me. Solid purple on the face is ugly though.

We can also see the Umarak combiner clearly here. He's kinda extreme in his huge upper torso and hands and I don't know if I like how the colours go together, but then again he is a combiner so a terrible colour scheme is to be expected really.

Is it too early to get a breakdown of which summer sets contain new pieces and which new pieces are shared among the sets and which are exclusive to a particular set?

Nah we have all the information we need from Dimak's pictures and Play Stipplings reviews

All the sets contain the new crystal shells in one of their colours.

All the sets except Ekimu have jaws and trans green heads.

All the beasts have their own variation of the beast mask of corruption and their own printed chest piece.

Umarak has his own mutated mask of control.

Ekimu has a trans blue mask of creation and a  trans blue torso piece.

Lava beast has crystal blades in a new black and orange colouration.

Umarak and Storm beats both have trans neon green skull spider legs.

Storm beast has navy blue 4 long shells.

Storm and Quake beasts also have star wars  torso pieces which are new to Bionicle. Umaraks gold horns also seem new.

Is it too early to get a breakdown of which summer sets contain new pieces and which new pieces are shared among the sets and which are exclusive to a particular set?

Umaraks gold horns also seem new.

Those aren't new molds, but indeed a new color for that mold if I am not mistaken.

Frankly in my eyes the end of BIONICLE stuff was just as stupid as the Mayan/Aztecs/people are stupid End of the World prediction. Baseless lies and rumors.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Quake Beast still looks ugly as sin but his arm swinging function looks brilliant. These beasts look like so much fun to build and play. That alone makes them worth it. Thanks for the pics dimaks!

As for other 2016 news, I finally got to play the Mask of Control game. Was actually pretty fun! I enjoyed it much more than last years app.

I got Gali Uniter of Water and Akida Creature of Water as a gift today. Gali is alright - I still like her previous iteration more in many ways, but I do like orange's addition to the colour scheme (cool how they positioned the orange Skrall armour piece on her leg) and the beautiful translucent dark blue shells. Her proportions feel better than I expected too. What I really like about these new Toa are their custom shoulder designs. They have a unified look from the back but are completely original between each Toa. It's really fantastic and adds a unique quality to each build. Funny how I used to think the 2016 sets were completely inferior to their 2015 iterations but now I can't even look back. They are levels apart. 2016 just crosses the line between old gen and new gen perfectly, while 2015 was too... clean? I guess that's the best I can put it.

Akida on the other hand... Wow. This is is the best small-sized set I've ever purchased, er, received. Amazing, complex technic-based design, a great function, and aesthetically pleasing too. The Unity form looks great and that's thanks to Akida's sleek look compared to the other creatures dangling limbs.

Two more Toa/Creature combos left!

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg